Pages:
Author

Topic: POP QUIZ: Do you believe that BTC is the world's future money system? - page 3. (Read 4150 times)

Activity: 30
Merit: 0
Yes I believe it will. Because I am new and I am interesten to buy some BTC.

Only to wait later in the future that it goes higher. But I am also amaze how cheap it is to send BTC to other country.
Activity: 392
Merit: 251
No, as it won't be an official international currency that everyone will use, but I believe it will become widely known and used, like PayPal. Except better. Way better.

It is already the major cryptocurrency and I believe it will stay that way until someone develops a "better" coin. This can be achieved as bitcoin is basically a code that is encrypted with some cool encryption and an awesome idea. If someone comes up with a better economic idea and even cooler encryption, say bye to Bitcoin.

Bitcoin also needs to change to adapt to new ASCIS and technology. But with no Satoshi to lead us, bitcoin will stay the same.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
For me it is a YES. But I it will be very difficult becauase alot of people still don't understand about BTC.

But I hope one day will happend.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1017
Not the way it's going!  If Bitcoin doesn't change as quickly as our technology is changing, it doesn't even have a chance.  However, the technology and the reasoning behind the project will definitely produce a major alternative cryptographic digital decentralized currency that will be used world wide and I don't care whose emperor disagrees with that fact.  It wont be Bitcoin that controls the market....it will be Bitcoin's cousin, no doubt.
Activity: 826
Merit: 263
I'll say YES, bitcoin has I the need to be "future money system".
Activity: 434
Loose lips sink sigs!
I've said this before but I'll share it here. I don't think we want BTC to become the world's money system. The people in this world that have power, seek power, and manipulate the system either for their benefit (in monetary terms) or to make a name for themself will find a way to do it to Bitcoin.

We don't want the powers that be sitting in a room figuring out how they can control Bitcoin. But if Bitcoin becomes the world's money system that's EXACTLY what we'll have.

Let's let Bitcoin be the money/commodity system of alternative that Governments are OK with having operate alongside their existing, powerful, never weak fiat systems.  Kiss
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
BTC has become so much famous and popular in so much less time. People have been using it thoroughly now and people are earning it through trading or mining.
I do believe that bitcoins will become the future money system because of their flexibility and optionality it provides. It has proven itself to be a safe currency and is now used in many countries for transactions, though it is illegal in some countries but many countries have accepted it as a global currency. So, I think will be the world's future money system.
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Of course! Why else would i be here if i didn't believe in it's potential. It is just a matter of time for it to take over the rest of the world's currencies and be the number 1 choice to use.
It is still in it's infancy stage but time will make it mature such as it's predecessors before it.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Personally i say yes. It has gone up so mich. People are making incredible sums of money through it. it is wonderful watching BTC take hold of the financial world. What are your opinions?  Smiley Smiley Smiley

Well if its gonna become a currency then the government would be a loss because this is not taxable.

There is a chance that it would be banned if it were to be an official currency.haha. but who knows someone will adopt this.
Activity: 756
Merit: 502
Ofcourse YESS!!!!!
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
The world is globalising 1 currency could benefit everyone.

A currency run by the Chinese? Nope you need at least 4 G7 countries to give it a chance.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
Nope. It has the potential to be a major player but there's no shortage of hurdles for it to overcome before then. Its innovations will help national currencies sharpen up their act but as long as countries exist they'll have currencies they can control.
Activity: 847
100% No. Different governments will not settle for a brand new currency that they do not have control over .Their current system is working as is so there's not point in changing it.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001
Do I want bitcoin to replace FIAT? No, not entirely at least. Fiat has some characteristics that I like, mainly, it is analog, and for bitcoin to take over we don't have enough tech ready.
I yesterday tried to send some btc and my transactions need couple hours to confirm, I don't want our only payment method to be hit-and-miss like BTC can be at times.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
I don't think bitcoin will completely replace the future money system, probably will be a catalyst for the evolution of the current money system
Activity: 364
I believe in it tha Bitcoin well be the money of the future.

But I think it won't happend soon :/

Still we can have Bitcoin so that is good that we can use it.
Activity: 364
Yes I do, BTC is good to have.

Example: If you want to send money in other country is cheaper.

Plus with alot of technolgy why shouldn't BTC the future money I think it will but not that soon.
Activity: 770
Forza Roma
Yes. I believe so but in the FUTURE

I think some people would love to see that happen rapidly but it's not going fast enough for them

You can't just change currency's when you're used the currency of your country.

It will be hard for some people to adjust to this, especially the elderly

But yes, in the end I do believe that BTC will become the world's future money system even though I can't vote for the poll yet, hence my post.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 6249
Decentralization Maximalist
Personally, I think cryptocurrency will be a major player in the monetary system of the future.

But, to answer the initial question, I opted for No. Bitcoin is too conservative, I don't think it will be No. 1 after ~ 2020. PoW Mining is a too inefficient blockchain securing mechanism.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005
Personally i say yes. It has gone up so mich. People are making incredible sums of money through it. it is wonderful watching BTC take hold of the financial world. What are your opinions?  Smiley Smiley Smiley

You are saying it backwards.

Bitcoin isn't a great currency because it's doing well on the market, Bitcoin is doing well on the market because it's a great currency.

I invested in Bitcoin because I believe in the technology, which in the long term will likely replace our current system.
Pages:
Jump to: