Author

Topic: [POR]⚡ELECTRONEUM⚡Official Moderated Thread - page 328. (Read 240346 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 107
Not Found
This coin is beautiful. It makes me happy to see such a diverse group of investors.

I sincerely believe this coin belongs in top 10 on coinmarketcap.

I find the majority of projects to be run by sleazeballs and I can't stand the undeserved praise their devs get.

Richard Ells though is already wealthy. He is after somethig more than just money. He is plain spoken and dressed, he doesn't try to entice investors with some phony narrative.... He just does his job. ETN has done the perfect job of declaring what their coin is and why it is unique without crossing the line to where they'll say anything as long as it makes them look good.
Activity: 422
Merit: 251
Pasl [Xci-r.i.p.] Eth Zcl Kmd Zen Rep Xmr Sc Neo

How much is the Bitcoin they collected worth in Fiat now?

I bought Etn with BTC at the ICO. It will take a rise to get out the same amount of Bitcoin ....
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
How many coins are currently in circulation?
What is the Market Cap?

Assuming that the only coins in circulation are the ones generated from mining and that none of the ICo coins are in circulation.
Assuming that the block time is 1.5 minutes (latest) and that the reward is 7584 (latest)
Assuming that mining started on November 2nd then the approximate number of coins in circulation are:
35 days x 24 hours x 60 minutes / 1.5 x 7584 = 254,822,400 coins
Market cap = 254,822,400 x $0.08375030 = 21,328,634 (21 million)

This would place it next to BBL at 228.

If we add the ICO coins 6.3 billion

Assuming 7 more days before the wallets are released
42 days x 24 x 60 /1.5 x 7584 = 305 million coins mined

6,300,000,000 + 305,000,000 = 6,605,000,000

Market cap at wallet release assuming current price holds
6,605,000,000 x $0.08375030 = 552 million

That places 28 between Ardor and NXT.

Is this analysis correct?

This sounds about right to me! CMC isn't counting the ICO coins until they are distributed.

You are assuming the price will still be 8 cents despite a colossal supply of 6.3 Bil ICO coins making their entry.

How will price stay same if supply is 22 fold?

Perhaps replacing $0.08 with $ 0.008 will get you a more accurate market cap; at least for the first few days of the relaunch.

I'm not sure if you are replying to me or the other guy but I certainly don't expect the price to hold at $0.08 - I'm simply saying that his calculations looked correct to get the market cap AT launch, not 5 minutes or 5 days after or whatever. And actually I don't think they are correct, target block time is 1 minute iirc, not 1.5.

Sorry, I was suppose to reply to the other guy  Embarrassed

Yes his method is spot on but the numbers themselves may require adjustments.
Activity: 420
Merit: 102
FEW WEEKS BACK

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-11-21/bitcoin-falls-after-31-million-theft-of-cryptocurrency-tether

TODAY

https://www.[Suspicious link removed]#ampshare=https://www.coindesk.com/62-million-gone-cryptocurrency-mining-market-nicehash-hacked/

This is why we are waiting for Hackerone to get finished. They have clients such as Spotify, US Department of Defense, Starbucks, Blockchain.info, Coinbase, and many more.

I saw that, and I think Electroneum did the right thing to secure the whole system. I think that this will add trust to the coin. I think it's more the updates (or lack thereof) that have people concerned. There isn't much to tell as far as the security goes, especially since it's out of the hands of the Electroneum team itself. It's just thanks to all the scam coins that have people worried and it's hard to really blame them for it. With all the scams you read about it's quite difficult sometimes to not catch yourself starting to believe certain stories. which in return I can definitely understand can be frustrating to a team that has only good intentions.

If nicehash were stupid enough to keep such large btc deposits in online wallets, then it's entirely their fault.
Stock of such large coins must have been stored in multisig cold wallets or offline wallets, otherwise it doesn't matter what kind of security is present, hackers can hack period.
Just because Hackerone or hacker100 is doing a bug solving event doesn't mean etn is safe or any more secure.

Oh I definitely agree. I didn't mean to imply that ETN is unhackable now. I was thinking that maybe working with them will step up their level of security, as security experts I would assume they would advise ETN how to not make mistakes like this. I'm no techie of any sort so I'm just guessing.

Of course mate, I meant no offense of any kind to your opinions. Everyone is entitled to theirs..
Cheers
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
What is the Market Cap?

Assuming that the only coins in circulation are the ones generated from mining and that none of the ICo coins are in circulation.
Assuming that the block time is 1.5 minutes (latest) and that the reward is 7584 (latest)
Assuming that mining started on November 2nd then the approximate number of coins in circulation are:

This sounds about right to me! CMC isn't counting the ICO coins until they are distributed.

You are assuming the price will still be 8 cents despite a colossal supply of 6.3 Bil ICO coins making their entry.

Perhaps replacing $0.08 with $ 0.008 will get you a more accurate market cap; at least for the first few days of the relaunch.

I'm not sure if you are replying to me or the other guy but I certainly don't expect the price to hold at $0.08 - I'm simply saying that his calculations looked correct to get the market cap AT launch, not 5 minutes or 5 days after or whatever. And actually I don't think they are correct, target block time is 1 minute iirc, not 1.5.
Activity: 98
What is the Market Cap?

Activity: 154

I'm not sure the price will hold though.  Usually when you double the supply of something, the price doesn't magically stay the same.  Market cap is the thing that's fixed and needs to move, not price.  That being said, the current market cap may already be accounting for the missing supply, but we know for a fact there will be temporary dumping upon wallet release.  The question is just how much.  After that though, we'll have a stable price and cap, and hopefully ETN will grow strong.
Activity: 392
What is the Market Cap?

Activity: 11
Merit: 0
Hi!

I've just finished setting up my ETN pool. Everyone is welcome to mine with us.
In fact, I'm asking you to join us, to get more hashrate.

http://etn.nasf.eu

Please contact me if you have any further questions.
Activity: 952
Merit: 552
And why is Marketcap showing ETN ranking of 1042? 
Very misleading IMO.
Activity: 952
Merit: 552
What is the Market Cap?

legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047
move to fair pool i think..
https://etn.nanopool.org
waiting for first block..

Now so many pools are now integrating electroneum because they knew this is the next big project for 2018 this early miner are making a huge round of profit because no ico holders can dump their stakes now, only miners are benefiting from the current trading price.
Activity: 85
Merit: 2

Finally .. the most reliable pool ever opened for Electroneum.

Thanks Nanopool, I was using your Ethereum pool for mining for so long, you've proven the best !
Activity: 36
move to fair pool i think..
https://etn.nanopool.org
waiting for first block..
Activity: 410
Merit: 106

Its fair enough, we have to wait on this to be done right this time. But, before the launch, and if they were competent devs, shouldn't this have been the top priority definitely before the launce? I know this wont be answered on a public forum, but if investors wanted to know how much was spent on Hackerone to date to get this right, will they be told? My 1 eth investment is small fry but still I invested in a project that wouldn't have to waste a good million or 2 for outsiders to make this project work.
Then again, with the incredible rise of bitcoin they're still well ahead of the 40m they raised.

I would say the Electroneum team should be thankful of the support from initial investors, and as a thank you for the time we've had to wait for this project to get back on track, a nice little reward be offered to us loyal investors. Even a quick calculation on BTC price currently sitting at a whopping 14.4k(I find that unbelievable) they have double the money in the bank from investors.

And a very simple solution to those that want to dump as soon as wallets are opened, for anyone holding for 1 month from re-launch, give them all a good incentive to keep hold of their ETN. I know I would and have no intention of selling at the re-launch, but its bloody obvious if you're lucky to sell out at the start the price is going to get wrecked and you'll get back 10 times the tokens on rebuy.

Just a thought to pass on to Richard and gang, they're a good bunch of marketers and know this idea makes a lot of sense, even if they get nothing out of it they've got the money in the bank, but as a goodwill gesture this would be huge.
Activity: 70
FEW WEEKS BACK

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-11-21/bitcoin-falls-after-31-million-theft-of-cryptocurrency-tether

TODAY

https://www.[Suspicious link removed]#ampshare=https://www.coindesk.com/62-million-gone-cryptocurrency-mining-market-nicehash-hacked/

This is why we are waiting for Hackerone to get finished. They have clients such as Spotify, US Department of Defense, Starbucks, Blockchain.info, Coinbase, and many more.

I saw that, and I think Electroneum did the right thing to secure the whole system. I think that this will add trust to the coin. I think it's more the updates (or lack thereof) that have people concerned. There isn't much to tell as far as the security goes, especially since it's out of the hands of the Electroneum team itself. It's just thanks to all the scam coins that have people worried and it's hard to really blame them for it. With all the scams you read about it's quite difficult sometimes to not catch yourself starting to believe certain stories. which in return I can definitely understand can be frustrating to a team that has only good intentions.

If nicehash were stupid enough to keep such large btc deposits in online wallets, then it's entirely their fault.
Stock of such large coins must have been stored in multisig cold wallets or offline wallets, otherwise it doesn't matter what kind of security is present, hackers can hack period.
Just because Hackerone or hacker100 is doing a bug solving event doesn't mean etn is safe or any more secure.

Oh I definitely agree. I didn't mean to imply that ETN is unhackable now. I was thinking that maybe working with them will step up their level of security, as security experts I would assume they would advise ETN how to not make mistakes like this. I'm no techie of any sort so I'm just guessing.
Merit: 102
FEW WEEKS BACK

TODAY

Activity: 70
FEW WEEKS BACK

TODAY

Hi, I have question about the payment from my wallet
I have sent 150 coins from my wallet to cryptopia using this command

transfer 2  cryptopia_address 150 cyiptopia_payment_id

I have message in wallet that this payment is pending. the problems is it is pending almost 24 hours.
I have sent several payments already - they all came trough. not this one
if a see this tx id in block explorer - there is no confirmations

what should i do?
Jump to: