Author

Topic: [PoS+PoW] eXocoin [EXO]-gen 2.0- dev. from scratch! Give-Away | Open Beta - page 303. (Read 415634 times)

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217
ok so i still need as clear of an answer as possible on this point.

So I will not interpret anything and only release funds if that is what my customers wish. Do you agree to these terms?

my understanding from what you wrote is that these terms are agreeable but in my line of work clear cut yes or no's are very important.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
?
Not sure what you mean by that.

But maybe I just explain the process - I think this will answer your questionmark:

on launch day we will spread EXO to all investors and to the people from free mail-giveaway. But before we can deliver the EXO we need to have all investments in our wallets. The reason: the amount of EXO one investor will get on launch day depends on all investments that will be done till the end (propotional). If we would accept that someone finish his escrow some days after the launch then how could we calculate how much any investor will get? We cannot forecast if someone will release his funds somedays after launch or if he will reject it completely. That would change calculations.

One day before launch we will make those calculations and prepare the distribution.

However, if you finish your escrow so that it will be in our wallets at least one day before launch you have the following assurances:
- you can read the whitepaper
- you can take part in an open beta before you need to finish the escrow

regarding open beta: you will get the regular client (with little modifications) that will be used from launch day on as well. Little modifications means that it will only work within a testnet. You will receive some test-EXO automatically so that you can transfer and interact and use the whole program.

I hope that I could help you.
Activity: 798
Merit: 500
Anyway we will not release any code before the launch. We have explained that we need the escrow funds at least one daybefore launch. It is not your task to check if any conditions are matched if you offer an escrow service for someone else.

?
Just an idea... could you record using the client with a screen capture software? Or at the very least take some screenshots.
That would alleviate concerns I'm sure.
We will include some screenshots within the whitepaper.

I don't like your tone. I'm simply trying to offer the best service I can and protect my customers while maintaining my reputation. It is ABSOLUTELY part of my job to figure out whether you have fulfilled your contract. That's what escrow providers do.

However I'm a reasonable person. If it is your position that i should not attempt to interpret the contract and simply release the funds only if my customers wish for me to release the funds than absolutely i can do that. Honestly it makes my job easier and my customers certainly wouldn't mind because it would only give them more leverage.

So I will not interpret anything and only release funds if that is what my customers wish. Do you agree to these terms?

Ok. I do think that I have written politely and neutral but written words can be sometimes understood differently from person to person. Anyway let me clarify that I do not want to offend you. Regarding what escrow providers should do: Well I would still say that it is the customer's fault if he wants you to release funds although it would not be safe for him. If you care about your customer's decision than it is a nice "addon" from your site but not a key part of the definition of an escrow service provider in general (but this is only my opinion we do not have to agree on or argue over this minor aspect).

Before I wrote the reply I just thought you would mean something like this: "you have to make it open source or you will not get any coins from my escrow service regardless what my customers want or say". I just thought (as of my last reply) that an escrow provider should not work against client's wishes (to exaggerate it a bit: If a client really wants to burn all his money than no one should stop him). Again I guess it is just the problem with written words. I know that you must be a reasonable person. With your reply now I can see that I missinterpreted your words.

To sum up, I can understand that you want to care about your clients. Please just accept that we do not share the code before launching. When you will participate in the open beta you will see what we have reached or not. Ofcourse you can advice your clients after that whatever you think is right - I do not have any problems with that.

I hope that we have calmed the waves before they get higher. We do appreciate your escrow service here.

0.24BTC more from address 12A26C6afy4j9GoekEcUKAPzvqxVKxiL5C

TXID: 80a670624888e0890fc2973feb8edb22ccdc0599cc53bc61b02ef4a79d647021

confirmed. Thank you.

legendary
0.24BTC more from address 12A26C6afy4j9GoekEcUKAPzvqxVKxiL5C

TXID: 80a670624888e0890fc2973feb8edb22ccdc0599cc53bc61b02ef4a79d647021
legendary
when does the first round of investing end? im under the impression that the 22 is the last day but i just want to make sure.

also one of the claims that you make is that the code is brand new built from the ground up. so one of the stipulations for releasing the funds that i am holding in escrow must be that you prove that fact. any ideas how to handle this catch 22 since you say that you need the escrow funds released before release but that the code will be closed source until release?
yes the 22nd is the last day. Exact time will be announced later.
We cannot prove anything regarding the source without partly releasing it I guess. Anyway we will not release any code before the launch. We have explained that we need the escrow funds at least one daybefore launch. It is not your task to check if any conditions are matched if you offer an escrow service for someone else. So if someone want to release the funds you would have to deliver it - that is my understanding of escrow services. If you do not like the idea that eXocoin will be closed source as of now and are not going to finish any escrow under this condition then please hand your holdings back to them. You will see that we have a completely new programm at least when you read the whitepaper or participate in the open beta. That must be proof enough.

I don't like your tone. I'm simply trying to offer the best service I can and protect my customers while maintaining my reputation. It is ABSOLUTELY part of my job to figure out whether you have fulfilled your contract. That's what escrow providers do.

However I'm a reasonable person. If it is your position that i should not attempt to interpret the contract and simply release the funds only if my customers wish for me to release the funds than absolutely i can do that. Honestly it makes my job easier and my customers certainly wouldn't mind because it would only give them more leverage.

Activity: 9
Merit: 0
Interesting idea, but why the whitepaper released only after the first investments?
Can you provide some screenshot or something, or code parts?
Activity: 476
Just an idea... could you record using the client with a screen capture software? Or at the very least take some screenshots.
That would alleviate concerns I'm sure.
Well, I just want want to know, and no other meaning. Because Stack-Coin and exo recent two days suddenly had a huge amount of the subscription, concerns raised. Distributed platforms this project can really reach it, I wish you the best offer.
Ok I can understand that you stumbled over it. The release of the whitepaper will make our project more serious I guess. I did not want to offend you.
Activity: 62
Merit: 10
This project is true, I hope I say will not affect you, just want to know more, because I like this project.
when does the first round of investing end? im under the impression that the 22 is the last day but i just want to make sure.

also one of the claims that you make is that the code is brand new built from the ground up. so one of the stipulations for releasing the funds that i am holding in escrow must be that you prove that fact. any ideas how to handle this catch 22 since you say that you need the escrow funds released before release but that the code will be closed source until release?
yes the 22nd is the last day. Exact time will be announced later.
We cannot prove anything regarding the source without partly releasing it I guess. Anyway we will not release any code before the launch. We have explained that we need the escrow funds at least one daybefore launch. It is not your task to check if any conditions are matched if you offer an escrow service for someone else. So if someone want to release the funds you would have to deliver it - that is my understanding of escrow services. If you do not like the idea that eXocoin will be closed source as of now and are not going to finish any escrow under this condition then please hand your holdings back to them. You will see that we have a completely new programm at least when you read the whitepaper or participate in the open beta. That must be proof enough.
Activity: 420
Well, I just want want to know, and no other meaning. Because Stack-Coin and exo recent two days suddenly had a huge amount of the subscription, concerns raised. Distributed platforms this project can really reach it, I wish you the best offer.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 568
Well we did not watch at publish date of stackcoin. It is not even similar to our coin - I cannot see why you are thinking that.
Most part of the last days we were working together and maybe logged in nearly the same time. We are not one person but I cannot proof it so you have to believe it or not. Anyway even if we were one person (and we are not) it would not change anything.

不管你信不信,反正我是信了。
Well we did not watch at publish date of stackcoin. It is not even similar to our coin - I cannot see why you are thinking that.
Most part of the last days we were working together and maybe logged in nearly the same time. We are not one person but I cannot proof it so you have to believe it or not. Anyway even if we were one person (and we are not) it would not change anything.
You and exokk recently observed two days of login time, you have time to come up a few times are the same, you are the same person, right? I have observed the situation there StackCoin and your plan, you and Stack-Coin users are new users, and forum name, the programs are very similar. They also publish content on February 22? I am present in these questions, hoping to get you or your reply. Smiley

you are mostly possibly right...

It's a trap... I showd before.

Anyway, I believe in Anon136...  Grin Grin Grin
You and exokk recently observed two days of login time, you have time to come up a few times are the same, you are the same person, right? I have observed the situation there StackCoin and your plan, you and Stack-Coin users are new users, and forum name, the programs are very similar. They also publish content on February 22? I am present in these questions, hoping to get you or your reply. Smiley

you are mostly possibly right...

It's a trap... I showd before.
Activity: 966
Merit: 501
interested. i'll invest later.
legendary
yes. Everyone can participate in it (no user limits or something - completely open). Open beta will be approximatly one week before the real launch. The open beta clients will be technically the same as the real clients on launch day (with a little modification, so it will use a testnet that coexists further on).

Good question. I am interested in this project and willing to invest while things are more cleared up.
When I invest, I'd like to use Anon136 as escrow.
I have never used escrow before, so Anon please clarify:
Is it OK that I send BTC from dgex or bter? how to verify I am the sender?

if you send from one of those 2 places than i will just release the funds to who ever has control over your bitcointalk account at the time of sending. just tell me when you send what address you sent from so i have a record of that. address in siggy
Jump to: