Pages:
Author

Topic: [PRE ANN] Open Public Beta Daily Fantasy Sports [Bounties for Beta Testers] - page 5. (Read 7018 times)

Activity: 160
Merit: 100
FGC Dev
CRITICAL bug: after validating a lineup and a contest, you have the screen to participate to more contests. On this screen, full entry contests are still available:
If you select them, a dialog box appears where you validate the terms and the fees. Once validated an error popup indicates that the contest is full. Ok then. But the fees are removed from your balance!

Hi, yes this bug is being worked on along with a few others on that page
and thanks for the suggestion about the google docs we will look at putting that or some other method in place for end users to track bugs
Activity: 812
Merit: 270
CRITICAL bug: after validating a lineup and a contest, you have the screen to participate to more contests. On this screen, full entry contests are still available:
If you select them, a dialog box appears where you validate the terms and the fees. Once validated an error popup indicates that the contest is full. Ok then. But the fees are removed from your balance!
FGC Dev

A. The coin is a hybrid PoW/PoS coin using Scrypt Algo with a total supply of 210,000,000 DFSCoins
There is a pre-mine of 20% or 42,000,000 coins, the pre-mine was necessary since we are using it as in game currency
The Scrypt algo allows for CPU mining, with a block reward of 20 coins and 100 coinbase maturity  
The PoS percentage is 8% per year and staking starts after 8 hours.

Can you expand further on why the pre-mine of 20% was necessary for in game currency? Once it is used as in game currency, people will have to buy the coins, therefore generating income completely for the team, instead of having people mine it or buy it themselves from exchanges?

Hi and sorry for the very long post but I wanted to give you as much detail as possible so the community understands.  

Mining will be available to everyone and we will be listing the coins on exchanges where people can buy them from the open market so that income is not going to the team.

I was going to explain this in our ICO ANN but glad to answer that for you now. The 20% pre-mine was not an easy decision to come to. We studied the ICO markets for months and I found that traditional private equity valuations did not make any since for nearly all of the projects I reviewed, that being said we also understand that a lot of new coins being introduced to the market are possible money grabs. When i ran the numbers on my end it was not easy to find a good balance of having enough coins needed for in game currency, enough coins to offer at a decent price and enough coins to be held for our initial B2B plans.

So I contacted a few coin devs who's coin looked to be legit with questions like why coin A needs 1 Billion total coin supply and coin B only needed 50M total coin supply. I also asked about pre-mine coins and other relative questions trying to understand where devs are coming up with their numbers.

The replies I got basically told me there is no correct answer to any of this, and that each dev has thier own personal preference. Devs try to estimate the best they can on whats best for their individual business needs.

So this is what I came up with as a good match and balance, *please note that there is still time for core team members to submit a motion to make minor changes to the exact distribution %

60% of the pre-mine DFSCoin will be offered in the ICO, Each core team member will receive 2% which is subject to 6 month lockup rules with sale % caps. The remaining coins will be used to two purposes that I will also explain the reasoning behind them.

1st we need to have 20% or more DFSCoin held to guarantee prize pools, this amount will be clearly displayed on the website and verifiable on the blockchain. The reason for this is 2 fold. First you need to understand that with the exception of Guaranteed to start contests, prize pools are covered by the entry fees, this has been great for smaller operators to host contests without the financial risks.

This is all good until someone ruins the party, in comes FantasyAces, who decided to use player deposits, not the rake or profits to pay for corporate expenses, when players tried to withdraw they went bankrupt. Last I heard there was another company who was willing to step in and payout the users, probably in exchange for the user database itself but I don't know that to be fact. The point here is that without clearly showing and proving the amount of DFSCoin available to cove prize pools gaining the publics trust on a massive scale would be difficult.

The other reason for needing DFSCoins available to cover prize pools is as a promotional tool. We will be hosting Guaranteed to Start contests and tournaments on a semi regular basis with large prize pools, this was one of the most effect marketing tools for companies like DraftKings and Fandule allowing them to take over the DFS market in the US. If we are expected to compete in any way for market share then we need to have the same tools.

The final remaining amount will be help in treasury for 2 purposes, 1 we need to offer B2B clients DFSCoins without them having to jump through too many hoops, it must be as simple as possible i.e. you give us some form of payment and we give you DFSCoin to be used on your site. This is a must for mass adoption across businesses, those B2B coins will eventually be sold and those clients will need to go to the open market to buy coins once that happens.

The second use for the DFSCoin held in treasury is for possible mergers and buy outs. M&A activity in DFS is a real thing, you can google the most recent paddy power deal and you'll see what I mean. Like all coin devs we hope our coin will be more and more valuable over time. Being able to buyout other fantasy sports sites and their user databases would allow us to grow at a faster rate.

An important thing to understand is that when we sell DFSCoins either direct to the public for use on the site or to a B2B clinet the proceeds from that sale are going back to the project to further promote our sites and gain more users not for the personal use of any member of the team.

You may have noticed on our deposit page a bitcoin deposit option that says coming soon, we will be removing that option all together later and forcing users to go to an exchange to buy coins, our only concern is that we are trying one again to make it as easy as possible for end users to get DFSCoins for mass adoption, at least initially. If that option is kept on the site it will be short lived since we mainly need the coins for the prize pools and B2B clinets.

If it is reintroduced to the site the coins sold and the bonus coins if any given would need to come from DFSCoins collected from rake or the site profits. Since the team will be sharing in the net profits from contests and eventually the team will need to sell some coins, you know to eat and stuff, this may be a better option for the team rather than getting their profit share and having to sell on the open market. But this is talking way down the line 12 to 24 months from now, then and only then would the team generate income from sales of DFSCoin on the site. But in that is more like a direct trade BTC for DFSCoin the team as rightful earned if that makes since.

Activity: 15
Merit: 0
I'm interested in testing the site!
Username: Sjenkie
Thank you to all those who have been reporting bugs and making valuable suggestions on how we can improve our site and games.
This feedback is exactly what we need now so we can provide the BEST fantasy sports experience for our users this NFL season.

Here are a few answers to questions posted, more updates on bug fixes will be posted later.

Q.  xusxuquade
wait to open bounty
i think you need explain spefication coin, what is use pow/pos system or token system
if token system use ethererum token or waves token

A. The coin is a hybrid PoW/PoS coin using Scrypt Algo with a total supply of 210,000,000 DFSCoins
There is a pre-mine of 20% or 42,000,000 coins, the pre-mine was necessary since we are using it as in game currency
The Scrypt algo allows for CPU mining, with a block reward of 20 coins and 100 coinbase maturity  

Q. Andeze17
I have just created an account for DraftDaily and immediately upon creation I was greeted by the following screen (which I assume is the Deposit page).
http://imgur.com/a/yDKIk
This page is a little confusing in how it works or is meant to work and why does it allow users to select what kind of bonus they want?
Thanks!

A. Thank you for signing up, the redirect after signup sends the user to the deposit page so they can deposit or buy coins to play.
The users will be able to select the 100% 1 time bonus amount based on the amount they are buying, so if a user is buying up to 60,000 coins (may change later)
they get 60,000 bonus coins. The bonus coins are held in the users Bonus amount shown in the account page.
After a deposit is made the user sees a success page and from there can go to their account page
Rather than releasing the coins little by little and confusing the user we created a Frequent Player Points system.
For each paid contest you enter you earn FPP. In you account page you you can exchange or sell your FPP for bonus coins, the bonus coins then get released and placed into your normal account balance.

Q. JeremyB
I can participate to contest multiple times.

A. Some contests are multiple entry contests allowing uses to enter multiple times, they just need to pay the entry fee each time, we are making those more easy to identify by adding an "M" icon in the lobby
All the other issues you have reported to our dev team and they are working on those changes now.

There is a small group of beta tester that have really been helping us out but I want to give a special shout out to JeremyB, he has been providing us with a lot of very valuable feed back,
reported bugs and making good suggestions for site improvement.

We are keeping track of everyones bug reports and suggestions, those additional bug bounties will be given out when we close the beta testers signup bounties and announce the open bounties,
bug bounties will still be in effect and free to enter or low entry fee contests will be available for continued testing.

Our main goal right now is to have our site cleared of bugs, update our UI, make it 100% mobile friendly, introduce our new ELO rating system, single and double elimination brackets and ladder tournaments
all ready by or before the start of the NFL regular season      

You're welcome! Smiley
Thanks for your answers.
If I may suggest one thing: it could be nice to have a public list (read-only Google Sheet?) of existing bugs so we can easily track what is already reported & what should be already fixed.
Keep up the good work!
Activity: 52

Can you expand further on why the pre-mine of 20% was necessary for in game currency? Once it is used as in game currency, people will have to buy the coins, therefore generating income completely for the team, instead of having people mine it or buy it themselves from exchanges?
FGC Dev
Thank you to all those who have been reporting bugs and making valuable suggestions on how we can improve our site and games.
This feedback is exactly what we need now so we can provide the BEST fantasy sports experience for our users this NFL season.

Here are a few answers to questions posted, more updates on bug fixes will be posted later.

Q.  xusxuquade
wait to open bounty
i think you need explain spefication coin, what is use pow/pos system or token system

Q. Andeze17
I have just created an account for DraftDaily and immediately upon creation I was greeted by the following screen (which I assume is the Deposit page).
http://imgur.com/a/yDKIk
This page is a little confusing in how it works or is meant to work and why does it allow users to select what kind of bonus they want?
Thanks!

A. Thank you for signing up, the redirect after signup sends the user to the deposit page so they can deposit or buy coins to play.
The users will be able to select the 100% 1 time bonus amount based on the amount they are buying, so if a user is buying up to 60,000 coins (may change later)
they get 60,000 bonus coins. The bonus coins are held in the users Bonus amount shown in the account page.
After a deposit is made the user sees a success page and from there can go to their account page
Rather than releasing the coins little by little and confusing the user we created a Frequent Player Points system.
For each paid contest you enter you earn FPP. In you account page you you can exchange or sell your FPP for bonus coins, the bonus coins then get released and placed into your normal account balance.

Q. JeremyB
I can participate to contest multiple times.

A. Some contests are multiple entry contests allowing uses to enter multiple times, they just need to pay the entry fee each time, we are making those more easy to identify by adding an "M" icon in the lobby
All the other issues you have reported to our dev team and they are working on those changes now.

There is a small group of beta tester that have really been helping us out but I want to give a special shout out to JeremyB, he has been providing us with a lot of very valuable feed back,
reported bugs and making good suggestions for site improvement.

We are keeping track of everyones bug reports and suggestions, those additional bug bounties will be given out when we close the beta testers signup bounties and announce the open bounties,
bug bounties will still be in effect and free to enter or low entry fee contests will be available for continued testing.

Our main goal right now is to have our site cleared of bugs, update our UI, make it 100% mobile friendly, introduce our new ELO rating system, single and double elimination brackets and ladder tournaments
all ready by or before the start of the NFL regular season      

FGC Dev
Hello All Good Morning,

Sorry for my absence from the forum yesterday, we were in team and developer meetings all day defining the next bounties and final announcement plans for the ICO. We will be making those public shortly.

The dev team has been making updates and fixing the bugs reported, any user who signed up yesterday and this morning to beta test will have their account credited today.

I will be back shortly with more updates and reply to any questions you might have. thank you

Activity: 3
I've just signed up.
My username is off course adamoden. Grin Grin
Some new stuff:
- I do not understand why I can't enter with my current lineup on some open contests: ex the "622 - Draft Like A Boss Guaranteed Special" was not available as a contest to join so I had to recreate the exact same lineup. Is it a bug?
- In the "Judges Chambers (Guaranteed)" contest I can't find the player Mookie Betts
- I can participate to contest multiple times. I ended up with same contests: and some are still available in the lobby:
- If you click back on contest participation. It is possible to recreate a lineup, the validation fails but with no error message, the popup stays, the button has no effect. Suggestion on back, detect a lineup exists and display it or display an error and redirect
- Lineup creation: Filter by name with a selected position, change the position, the filter is not applied on new position
- There is not enough space between + button and v-scrollbar when you add player to lineup, it is difficult to add a player after a scroll: http://imgur.com/k1TZRXH
- Fantasy Baseball rule question: Is it possible to use the same player multiple times:
- When you view your lineups and click on the Join Contests to join more contests with the same lineup, there is no time indicated for the contests
- Add a sort arrow on columns to indicate the sort order
Activity: 199
hello! i just signed up.. i want to try it

my username: vincentekb
Activity: 1020
Merit: 391
I'd like to test your game, I find the competition system interesting, my username is Eddyc
I'll be the biggest winner! Grin
Activity: 448
Merit: 102
@xusxuquade This was posted earlier and might help until they release info on coin this week hopefully

Good Morning, I wanted to post a few updates and Q&A

1st all beta testers as of this morning have been given coins, please check your balance:  

2nd JeremyB, joe_phoenix, fikshun and cryptofutureis have been awarded the bug bounties, thank you for your help and input please keep the feedback coming.
We have made a few fixes already this morning and we expect all reported issues to be resolved by the end of the day.

Q: Ajpa94
I'll go to this site to help and test your product!
What is the expectation of price per currency?
Are you new to the community?
Do not have a better ranked account so you can get more credibility?

A. Thanks we hope you enjoy the game, I am new to the community here but not new to the daily fantasy sports or software business.
Over the past 3 years we have been mainly focused on providing B2B and white label solutions for online gaming companies.
We have worked with companies large and small, from small one person site operators to publicly traded gaming companies.
No I don't have a better ranked account, that will come in time and buying an aged account with a good ranking would be dishonest.
We will stand on our own two feet and build our rep by providing a good working product, good end user support and a coin that has an actual purpose.

Q JoePhoenix
Hi NicoDFS, can you also include a roadmap for this project?

A. Yes we will be posting this early next week when we announce the official start of the ICO along with all coin specs, team introductions ect.

Several people have asked about the price for the ICO, as stated before it will be between 1000 and 3000 Sats per DFSCoin.
As to what we expect for the coin price long term, let me just say that we have a plan to take DraftDaily.com GLOBAL, and you will read about our B2B strategy soon.

Thank you all for your support and interest, we have worked very hard to get to this point and will continue to add new features and innovations to our products.
MLB Player Salaries have been updated with the exception of a few players with $0 salary. New contests will be added to the lobby  
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
Chainjoes.com
wait to open bounty
Activity: 4
HI! Just signed up, username: nguyenba1102
Thank You!
@JeremyB, The mobile version needs some major overhaul that will be done between now and the start of NFL regular season, along with all other cosmetic issues.
entering additional contests after an initial draft is critical, the devs have been working on that but you'll still be credited for finding the bug, its an important one!
Upcoming contests: not sortable was also suggested by another player as well and will be added in the next updates
Upcoming contests: No time displayed on page 2: So far we have been unable to reproduce this bug on our end but we are going to do another full round in the morning.
Same goes with the edit lineup bug you report today,we will continue to look for both issues.

@8count, The refer a friend is active but we have noticed some backend data is not making it to the front end UI after yesterdays updates, we thought we caught and fixed them all so thanks for reporting.
The Earnings and Achievement info you see is just place holder text but if you click on the payment history you will/should see any commissions earned.  

We can already tell which beta testers signed up to just to get free coins and which testers have a real interest in the project and or playing the game so we will be giving out some extra bonuses to those people
including those who have been using the refer a friend links to invite other players.

We will be back with more updates Monday morning all coin requests for new sign ups from today have their accounts credited.  

Thanks for your answers.
I have some questions, maybe find a couple of bug too.

1/ How do the prizes work?
I won 2 contests. On the 1st one (MLB 530 DFS) the prize pool was 1007. I won 1. On the second one (DD Baseball Homerun) the prize pool was 1350, I won 400.

In my account history I won 1 and 2 times 400, plus a support credit of 100.

And I well remember my token count, it was 5020 before these contests, now it is 5820 so 5020 + 2 * 400.
So where is the 1, and where is the 100 support credit (and what is it?)? Why 1 and 2 * 400 instead of price pool?
(Suggestion: you may add the balance on each line of the account history, it will be helpful for users and will help you to debug)

2/ Should the bonus work in this beta? Else it doesn't.
3/ In account history, by default the Description info is missing. If you select another tab it appears, even if you come back to All transactions (missing 's') tab

And something you must absolutely enhance: the access to my lineups & my contests. Now you have to return to the lobby every time. Please add some icons/links in the header.
Activity: 1149
Merit: 347
Hi, my username: mihawk and I'd like to congratulate you for the site, it's simple and intuitive, I'll be watching this project because I like this type of project, I hope you succeed and bring us great updates. Wink
Activity: 617
Merit: 251
Hello, I just joined your site to participate in the tests and genuinely receive 1000 coins! My username: TheCrimsonFucker
I hope your project is successful! Good luck! Smiley
FGC Dev
@JeremyB, The mobile version needs some major overhaul that will be done between now and the start of NFL regular season, along with all other cosmetic issues.
entering additional contests after an initial draft is critical, the devs have been working on that but you'll still be credited for finding the bug, its an important one!
Upcoming contests: not sortable was also suggested by another player as well and will be added in the next updates
Upcoming contests: No time displayed on page 2: So far we have been unable to reproduce this bug on our end but we are going to do another full round in the morning.
Same goes with the edit lineup bug you report today,we will continue to look for both issues.

@8count, The refer a friend is active but we have noticed some backend data is not making it to the front end UI after yesterdays updates, we thought we caught and fixed them all so thanks for reporting.
The Earnings and Achievement info you see is just place holder text but if you click on the payment history you will/should see any commissions earned.  

We can already tell which beta testers signed up to just to get free coins and which testers have a real interest in the project and or playing the game so we will be giving out some extra bonuses to those people
including those who have been using the refer a friend links to invite other players.

We will be back with more updates Monday morning all coin requests for new sign ups from today have their accounts credited.  
Activity: 448
Merit: 102
Hi,
I have been sending a bit of traffic your way using the refer friend.
It doesn't show me as any are pending or active.
Is the refer a friend actually working during the beta?
Is it point less sending out link during the beta?

Also on the refer a friend page under earning and achievements
if you click on learn more it brings up this
'An error occurred Application error'

Thank you
Pages:
Jump to: