Pages:
Author

Topic: [PRE-ANN] - The WhiteCoin Foundation - Community Planning & Discussion - page 40. (Read 89566 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250
Good to know something is happening to Whitecoin. Good luck with all your plans!
Activity: 125
Merit: 100
Just to provide everyone a quick update, the test team is still working furiously to ensure this code is solid. Many people are going without sleep here.

I'd like to thank everyone again for their patience as we work through this. I've been monitoring the situation closely and can see clear progress at every checkup.

We are nearing the completion of the bug testing process, however a time is difficult to estimate right now as it all depends on how these tests come back to the team.

As some of you know by now, we have also invited two community observers into the process so that they can confirm how hard the devteam is going at this.

I can't thank our new devteam enough for their dedication, generosity, professionalism, and dedication.

You'll be hearing from us soon!

Thanks for keeping us all updated and for all the work you guys are putting in.
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
@halofirebtc
Strato is totally right on this, people thinking it will go over 1000 when they fix the wallet are ridiculous. It would be way over 1000 right now if that was true. It's simply supply vs. demand, and 75% of the supply is locked up right now. When that supply is released price will fall.

this is assuming 75% of all coins will be sold. Most investors will not sell here, but there will be a dump. maybe another 10-15% of all coins.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
Ok off to bed for a while. got out of my 3 million today slowly averaging around 770.

Just placed buy orders at 200, 150 and 100

Hoping I wake up tomorrow and see 12-15 Million Smiley

I don't think you'll see those 3 million again.

I'm aware. But weighing risk vs reward- Wallet fix will do nothing but fuel 10s of millions of wallet locked coins onto Mintpal.  That fact I think is I believe accepted as true by everyone. Huge influx of supply, just not sure the demand will in any way be able to handle it.

Just my gut feeling.

Could see a spike down, but i'm not risking selling out any large amounts. Will stay up and watch how it goes wouldn't dream of selling 3m and going to bed.  Could be a dream or a nightmare. You'll have to wait and see. If you averaged out at 770....  then you may get back in lower, or a good bit lower......or even have to buy back in back in the 1000s 1100s. Nobody knows yet.

I mean the main reason to sell would be the POS was broken in the wallet. The entire reason the mintcoin wallet opens again will be this issue should have been fixed. Therefore perhaps no reason to sell and more reason to hold and buy.  

All speculation , but i am holding for now. Then again have nowhere near 3m so not such a big deal for me.
Activity: 182
Just to provide everyone a quick update, the test team is still working furiously to ensure this code is solid. Many people are going without sleep here.

I'd like to thank everyone again for their patience as we work through this. I've been monitoring the situation closely and can see clear progress at every checkup.

We are nearing the completion of the bug testing process, however a time is difficult to estimate right now as it all depends on how these tests come back to the team.

As some of you know by now, we have also invited two community observers into the process so that they can confirm how hard the devteam is going at this.

I can't thank our new devteam enough for their dedication, generosity, professionalism, and dedication.

You'll be hearing from us soon!
Activity: 336
Ok off to bed for a while. got out of my 3 million today slowly averaging around 770.

I'm aware. But weighing risk vs reward- Wallet fix will do nothing but fuel 10s of millions of wallet locked coins onto Mintpal.  That fact I think is I believe accepted as true by everyone. Huge influx of supply, just not sure the demand will in any way be able to handle it.

Just my gut feeling.

1/4 of all WC are already in the mintpal wallet
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1010

Just my gut feeling.
legendary

legendary

legendary
Just stating the obvious, things are a mess but it seems like there is a team behind it working their ass off. All of this seems very fishy to me, though. Almost planned.

Haha, I've wondered the same thing.  If so, hats off.  If not, what a cool thing to happen.  Rather than fail, people rallied, and succeeded who may have never met in real life. 

Community. Is. Everything. EVERYTHING E V E R Y T H I N G

i think my nearly 6 million whitecoins are likely gone for good, probably erased by retarded dope fiends. but i still have 600,000+ WC in mintpal so I am encouraged by how well this community is pulling together

Hey seattletu.
I volunteered to help with the recoding needed to get this straight. You know my love of the combined community of Crypto. I can tell you that there are alot more people/devs working in the background now to make absolutely sure that coins are going to be safe.
I'm surprised and proud of the fact that the amount of dev support that has been coming from numerous other coin devs that have no interest commercially in the coin.

It has restored my faith in Community. We are making sure that we have a fully secure and bullet proof wallet and platform to ensure the future of this coin.

Cheers
Alcamie

Good news, about the fix coming along.

Bad news that guy lost 5M......i guess we can knock that off total minting, unless the smack heads there are crypto fans. Was it encrypted? imagine not creating a back up wallet?  can some check the block chain to see if those are staying put.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Just stating the obvious, things are a mess but it seems like there is a team behind it working their ass off. All of this seems very fishy to me, though. Almost planned.

Haha, I've wondered the same thing.  If so, hats off.  If not, what a cool thing to happen.  Rather than fail, people rallied, and succeeded who may have never met in real life. 

Community. Is. Everything. EVERYTHING E V E R Y T H I N G

i think my nearly 6 million whitecoins are likely gone for good, probably erased by retarded dope fiends. but i still have 600,000+ WC in mintpal so I am encouraged by how well this community is pulling together

Hey seattletu.
I volunteered to help with the recoding needed to get this straight. You know my love of the combined community of Crypto. I can tell you that there are alot more people/devs working in the background now to make absolutely sure that coins are going to be safe.
I'm surprised and proud of the fact that the amount of dev support that has been coming from numerous other coin devs that have no interest commercially in the coin.

It has restored my faith in Community. We are making sure that we have a fully secure and bullet proof wallet and platform to ensure the future of this coin.

Cheers
Alcamie
Activity: 196
Will honestly question Dev Teams motives if wallet is released in the middle of the night US time.

That will shake em up but good luck anyway
Activity: 462
Will honestly question Dev Teams motives if wallet is released in the middle of the night US time.

What if the wallet is finalized later tonight, would you rather them release it when ready or wait until xam North American time... just curious as generally when I do updates/releases its when the code is good to go

There is no reason for them to wait. Speculators who want to rush to dump their coins can stay up and wait or go right to hell. The coin developer definitely does not owe anything to people who want to dump the coin. You can still buy on the exchanges if that's what you want to do. Lending legitimacy to these kinds of threats is definitely not high on their priority list.

I bet almost anything it will be released when it is ready and there's no reason for it to be any other way.

The entitled American attitude that everything should occur between 9 and 5 EST is idiotic. Go away with that lame crap. There is always a part of the world for which it is the best time for them to get a wallet or coin release.

Edit: Also they specifically said "A wallet update is scheduled for today - 04/28 - pending the results of final tests" so if that means releasing at 11:59 PM EST and keeping their word then that's exactly what they should do because that in itself is worth a thousand times more than what idiot pump and dumpers think about the coin. And not even 11:59 EST because we're again making assumptions about where random people live.

+1
Activity: 42
Merit: 0

What if the wallet is finalized later tonight, would you rather them release it when ready or wait until xam North American time... just curious as generally when I do updates/releases its when the code is good to go

There is no reason for them to wait. Speculators who want to rush to dump their coins can stay up and wait or go right to hell. The coin developer definitely does not owe anything to people who want to dump the coin. You can still buy on the exchanges if that's what you want to do. Lending legitimacy to these kinds of threats is definitely not high on their priority list.

I bet almost anything it will be released when it is ready and there's no reason for it to be any other way.

The entitled American attitude that everything should occur between 9 and 5 EST is idiotic. Go away with that lame crap. There is always a part of the world for which it is the best time for them to get a wallet or coin release.

Edit: Also they specifically said "A wallet update is scheduled for today - 04/28 - pending the results of final tests" so if that means releasing at 11:59 PM EST and keeping their word then that's exactly what they should do because that in itself is worth a thousand times more than what idiot pump and dumpers think about the coin. And not even 11:59 EST because we're again making assumptions about where random people live.
Activity: 140
I think quite a few of the devs are AUS.
Activity: 182

legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1028
#mitandopelomundo

Mogonzo is australian
Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Yeah, anything in the middle of the night would not be appropriate.
legendary
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
im staying in, im not convinced prices will get crazy low.
And despite everything now, as soon as certain people have accumulated enough,  and the network is fixed again, i  know this will get a few good pumps and ill be sick of having sold now.

There's so many other coins with real dev teams that havent had a complete catastrophe like this, keeping white coin now is pretty much stupid. Not a safe investment.

so when you're out its shit and as soon as you have managed to buy back its a good investment? give us a break
why are you trying to buy back when there are according to you so many other coins? why don't you buy those, they are so much better right? or are you gonna post how good of an investment this is when you are back in?

You have a good point, I'm probably not buying back in unless the dev team shows that theyre solid. Right now the dev team is temporary and fumbling around with making a new wallet.

Give it a rest.

I'm sure you know who all the other dev teams are on the coins you hold.

I don't think taking their time to get the wallet right and testing it is "fumbling around".
Pages:
Jump to: