Pages:
Author

Topic: [PRE-ANN] - The WhiteCoin Foundation - Community Planning & Discussion - page 39. (Read 89566 times)

legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1010
Why is the distribution list of wallet sizes offline.

This should be posted, even if just a pdf.

Anyone have a link?  I can't find anything and it makes me feel as if there is something to hide

Link not working:  http://maarx.nl/maarx.nl/whitecoin/distribution/
Activity: 118
Merit: 10
I heard there was free beer here.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
Should change block time to 2 or 2.5 minutes since you already have to fork to fix PoS, it will be a lot better in the long run.

^please do this tommorow, it will be very little work to put in when you already have to fork anyway and make the coin a much more legit contender.

Gmaxwell linked me the outlier Bitcoin network propagation data a long time ago and anything under 2-2.5 minute blocks sucks.

2-2.5 minutes is the best compromise between network propagation, block chain size, gambler's ruin, etc.
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
Thanks guys, your hard work is very much appreciated.

+1
Activity: 672
Merit: 500

second that
+1

Third that

+1
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
are they handing over the other account so we can update the OP and carry on with that thread? or is the new thread now and the other one will get locked down?

We have control of the keys but the idea was for this thread to be about the foundation project. It's since also become the most reliable spot for updates re whitecoin, I don't consider the other thread dead but there certainly is a high signal to noise ratio.

Thanks mogonzo, do you know if they changed the staking back to 12 hours or not?

I'm going to get a clarification from the devteam, but we've decided against for reasons that are fairly technical, full explanation will be posted at release.

Good night everyone, and thanks again for everything.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
update re wallet

Just to keep everyone informed, I have asked the dev/test team to get some rest. We are very close, we've gotten the staking to work on testnet. But these people have been going non stop for too long. They need rest, they need food, and they need time to step away from this before a final review and release.

I know everyone wants the wallet ASAP, I do too. But I still believe strongly rushing this would be a critical error in judgement.

In the words of the team "the testing needs to be done right to make sure the wallet is bulletproof."

are they handing over the other account so we can update the OP and carry on with that thread? or is the new thread now and the other one will get locked down?
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
update re wallet

Just to keep everyone informed, I have asked the dev/test team to get some rest. We are very close, we've gotten the staking to work on testnet. But these people have been going non stop for too long. They need rest, they need food, and they need time to step away from this before a final review and release.

I know everyone wants the wallet ASAP, I do too. But I still believe strongly rushing this would be a critical error in judgement.

In the words of the team "the testing needs to be done right to make sure the wallet is bulletproof."

Can't say I disagree with that statment, thanks.
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1028
#mitandopelomundo
update re wallet

Thanks
legendary
Activity: 1260
Should change block time to 2 or 2.5 minutes since you already have to fork to fix PoS, it will be a lot better in the long run.
Activity: 938
@halofirebtc
Thanks mogonzo, do you know if they changed the staking back to 12 hours or not?
Activity: 182
update re wallet

Activity: 78

I'm surprised he's coming second with that seagull attached to his head.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
Strato is totally right on this, people thinking it will go over 1000 when they fix the wallet are ridiculous. It would be way over 1000 right now if that was true. It's simply supply vs. demand, and 75% of the supply is locked up right now. When that supply is released price will fall.

this is assuming 75% of all coins will be sold. Most investors will not sell here, but there will be a dump. maybe another 10-15% of all coins.
No, this is assuming even a few percent is sold. 10-15% would cause a major crash.

You'd be surprised what we can absorb.

+1
Activity: 86
Hai!
Activity: 322
Ok off to bed for a while. got out of my 3 million today slowly averaging around 770.

Just placed buy orders at 200, 150 and 100

Hoping I wake up tomorrow and see 12-15 Million Smiley

I don't think you'll see those 3 million again.

I'm aware. But weighing risk vs reward- Wallet fix will do nothing but fuel 10s of millions of wallet locked coins onto Mintpal.  That fact I think is I believe accepted as true by everyone. Huge influx of supply, just not sure the demand will in any way be able to handle it.

Just my gut feeling.

I don't think you'll see those 3 million again.
Activity: 938
@halofirebtc
Strato is totally right on this, people thinking it will go over 1000 when they fix the wallet are ridiculous. It would be way over 1000 right now if that was true. It's simply supply vs. demand, and 75% of the supply is locked up right now. When that supply is released price will fall.

this is assuming 75% of all coins will be sold. Most investors will not sell here, but there will be a dump. maybe another 10-15% of all coins.
No, this is assuming even a few percent is sold. 10-15% would cause a major crash.

You'd be surprised what we can absorb.
Pages:
Jump to: