Pages:
Author

Topic: [PRE-ANN] Wisp Project [WISP] Alternative SpectreCoin wallet - Community driven - page 2. (Read 2431 times)

Activity: 1330
Merit: 515
Coin Mage
Wisp News

I am happy to announce that we managed to refine our vision for Wisp and found a way to continue this project in a more reasonable technical manner! When this project started, we found that Wisp would need to split off of Spectrecoin because of incompatible development philosophies. The original plan was to fork the blockchain artificially, so that we would have our own blockchain (and with it our own "coin") to work with. Unfortunately this approach would have come at the cost of coherency, because from a technical point of view, a blockchain is only forked by a consensus disagreement, i.e. when different clients ("wallets") carry out incompatible protocols. By introducing an artificial incompatibility, we would continuously have to defend our right to exist, because technically it wouldn't be necessary.

For that reason, we decided on a better way to continue this project, that is technically coherent and still allows us to turn our vision of Wisp into reality. This idea may require some time to wrap your head around if you are new to cryptocurrencies, but actually makes a lot more sense. The idea is that we will consider Wisp to be an alternative wallet for Spectrecoin! That means that we will NOT fork the Spectrecoin blockchain artificially, and will NOT make a coin called WISP right now.

Instead, we will leave it an option to fork into an independent coin IF at some point in the future there will be a consensus disagreement, e.g. if the Spectrecoin team decides to integrate forced development fees into the protocol. In that case, a hardfork would occur, and Wisp would maintain the original protocol without such a fee. The same thing would happen if the Wisp developers introduce a change that the Spectrecoin team does not agree with.

If there is no consensus disagreement, i.e. if the Spectrecoin consensus protocol is perfectly usable for realizing our vision of Wisp, we will not need a fork. Instead, we will be offering an alternative wallet for Spectrecoin users, called Wisp Wallet, that does not contain a so called "minimum donation" and allows the users to access the Spectrecoin blockchain in the way envisioned by us.

By going this way, we have the full freedom to develop Wisp in the way we like, while at the same time offering Spectrecoin users an alternative to the software produced by Mandica & Co.. This will also strengthen the Spectrecoin ecosystem overall, because development will no longer depend on one single team of developers! Which results in reliability improvements and should increase the trust in the future of this project.

Sorry if this announcement has become a little too lengthy or too technical for you.  Wink Please feel free to ask if there are any further questions!  Smiley A short summary can be found here: https://github.com/wispproject/doc/wiki/About-Wisp I will update the PRE-ANN here and make a new ANN thread for the Wisp wallet soon. Stay tuned.  Cool
Activity: 43
Merit: 10
Wisp (the parasitic twin of Spectrecoin)

We all knew this was coming. More delays, excuses. Wisp is an alternative wallet for Spectrecoin. No new coin, no clone or fork or anything. Let's just parasite onto Spectre and hope that they fork at some point and in the mean time we will live off their work.

Parasite: "an organism which lives in or on another organism (its host) and benefits by deriving nutrients at the other's expense."
Translated to crypto world (strictly speaking Wisp universe): "a crypto-project-in-thought which lives off another real crypto-project (it's host network) and benefits by deriving exposure at the other's expense"

Parasitic Twin: "the smaller and less completely developed member of a pair of unequal conjoined twins, often consisting of an amorphous mass of tissue attached to or within the larger twin."
Translated to crypto world (strictly speaking Wisp universe): "the smaller and not at all developed self-proclaimed member of a pair of unequal crypto-projects, often consisting of a shapeless mass of incompetence attached to the larger proper crypto-project"

Consider this: now, our all fav dev jbg has updated the Wisp repo from the updated Spectre repo after Spectre has been hard at work over the last weeks. jbg, a fav dev of unfathomable capacity to wait and wait until someone else does what he promises. jbg is now waiting for someone else to make something that he can pass off as stealth staking.

WTF is he doing all day. Please disregard this farce of a so called "project".  Grin What we all knew all along  Grin
Activity: 271
Merit: 1
a bit of light relief found on another forum

Question:   "Any update on this update?"

coin whisperer "Its getting closer to release month after month."

here's another possibility for an exchange to get WISP listed on - voting is going on now for dev's to gauge popularity of projects

https://altcoin.io/      exchange

https://altcoinexchange.featureupvote.com/?      suggest coin

looking forward to WISP launch and enjoying all the incremental developments on the website & in GithHub etc.
keep up the good efforts team
Coin Mage
Wisp News

Attention all developers please! We are looking to increase the size our development team, because JBG doesn't want to be the only one coding on this. Having a large group of developers is vital for a project like this. So if you are a C++ developer and would like to help and do some interesting coding tasks for this project, please get in touch with @jbg in the #development channel of our Discord! Recurring contributors will receive the "Contributor" role in Discord and will be able to chat in #contributor_chat , and some Github issues have bounties attached to provide an financial incentive. Looking forward to hearing from you!  Cool

I think your project gives us less information. Could you give us more information about it? I want to ask about the purpose of this project?

The Pre-ANN post on the first page should give you a good picture, if there is anything still unclear please ask! Smiley
Coin Mage
How is this progressing?

Very slowly. Read on Discord about what is being discussed please. Everything is fully transparent.

Need more infomation(Roadmap,whitepaper etc)

https://github.com/wispproject/doc/wiki/Roadmap

This project is still in its infancy, we haven't even started the fork yet. You will get more information like the greater vision, goals etc. in the real ANN that announces the fork.
Activity: 304
Merit: 250
Need more infomation(Roadmap,whitepaper etc)
Activity: 406
Merit: 104
Activity: 520
Merit: 123
Coin Mage
Wisp News

The current development state of the wallet implementing the fork has been put online: https://github.com/wispproject/wallet

We welcome any contributors who can check the recent commits for errors or would like to help finishing the fork implementation! You can make pull requests, which will be reviewed and merged by JBG. Contributors who continue to send in high quality commits over a period of time will receive the "Contributor" status on Discord and may be granted push access to the code repository.
Activity: 378
Merit: 107
BCH Wallet: 1PmR3k4cA4YVy7r7RVgYdSjnon2A1aJSLk
i better comment here to keep ups what is going on
You could have just clicked on the watch or notify buttons in the bottom right of the thread  Tongue
Activity: 1162
Merit: 252
i better comment here to keep ups what is going on
Coin Mage
what will happen to unclaimed coins? like, to those that will be on exchanges by the time of fork?
Sorry if this has been answered before.

If it ends up being a fork (at a certain snapshot) and you don't own the private keys of the coins in the wallet, then you don't get any forked coins, unless the exchange (or whoever) that owns the private keys decides to fork themselves and issues the forked coins for their users.

That's absolutely correct. To elaborate further, there is no way to "claim" coins in a fork, or to decide whether certain balances have been "claimed" or not. The old private keys stay valid, it's just a different continuation of the current XSPEC chain. So exchanges (as well as any other user running a wallet) might decide to start using the forked chain at any later point in time.
Thanks for the pre-ANN @Gandalf86. Will you announce the Official/Final fork date here? I'm not on Discord very often but do get email notifications from Bitcointalk threads  Smiley

Yes! I will make a new thread for the actual ANN, but it will be linked here when it's online.

For more information, see https://github.com/wispproject/doc/wiki/FAQ
what will happen to unclaimed coins? like, to those that will be on exchanges by the time of fork?
If it ends up being a fork (at a certain snapshot) and you don't own the private keys of the coins in the wallet, then you don't get any forked coins, unless the exchange (or whoever) that owns the private keys decides to fork themselves and issues the forked coins for their users.
Activity: 560
Merit: 252
Thanks for the pre-ANN @Gandalf86. Will you announce the Official/Final fork date here? I'm not on Discord very often but do get email notifications from Bitcointalk threads  Smiley

Yes! I will make a new thread for the actual ANN, but it will be linked here when it's online.

Coin Mage
Thanks for the pre-ANN @Gandalf86. Will you announce the Official/Final fork date here? I'm not on Discord very often but do get email notifications from Bitcointalk threads  Smiley

Activity: 9
Merit: 0
   Gandalf what community decided to make a fork? Do not tell a fairy tale. This was decided by Jbg and several people. The rest were not asked. What kind of community are you talking about. We were simply informed about this fact. Only a few people decided to make the fork.
I too old member community and i not saw no discussions about fork
   Fork - this is a good reason to waste time, so as not to rub the job that he promised. They came up with a false story about supposedly different code and so on ... one intentional lie in your wisp team. You know the truth and deliberately lie. There is no stealth staking and you know about it, just like I know about it. Do not deceive new people.
  jbg took much money from donations, but not gave results and refused to return money, as stealth staking didnt.

Sure there were a few individuals (HippiePyro, vvc, Trainasauruswrecks afaik) who decided to make a fork called Wisp, who were the initial members of the Wisp community. They invited jbg to join their project as things were getting out of hand between him and Mandica.

You can make as many conspiracy theories as you want, time will tell the results. This has already been discussed a thousand times.

Indeed, This has already been discussed a thousand times on discord.
so much blah blah blah on things you want to do butt only 2 things you have: I serial liar developer and big holders running the "project" who wnat to get the money they lost with xspec back (it's more likley that jbg learns how to code), vvc the "project manager" (ahaha he has no clue of what's going on) lost OVER HALF A MILLION $ with XSPEc what an amazing investor. hippyhoppitiespro said he quit his job and probably realized there is no work to do and jbg is again doing nothing and talking rubbish like the old xspec days, gandalf spends his time writing github guides very useful, AWESOME DRAMA LOvE YOU GUYS KEEP IT UP! BRYCE WE ALL LOVE YOU youre so stealth

Thank God for the BTCIGNOREBTC button
Activity: 210
Merit: 10
I like this project. I still keep looking to know about this project better.
egretia
Pages:
Jump to: