Pages:
Author

Topic: [PRE-ANN][HVC] Heavycoin - Ultra-secure, Decentralized Block Reward Voting, Fast - page 57. (Read 140040 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Trust has zero value.

70BTC worth of trust in Stack proves that point

I really don't want to trash this coin as I want to believe it's true but the more hostile the dev gets with regards to a fair IPO which would be EXACTLY the same as his escrow method the less I think this coin is legit and I'm amazed people willing to throw almost $15,000 into this on blind faith after Stack

IF of course these investors are actually legit and not just dupes from the dev created in order to promote an illusion of confidence within the coin
Activity: 1400
Merit: 505
is there any linux miner source code yet?
Activity: 1162
Merit: 568
Activity: 262
Merit: 250
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
I'm very interested to mine this coin. I have a i7 4770K, i'm impatient Smiley
Activity: 617
Merit: 528
tx 1434bec693ddac770f139fe470d227d20ce5dd5c248181cf82ff0af98b2e0841
sent 0.057

cheers
Activity: 182
Send : 0,04 BTC
ID:1413949338509ff2bd572419d9aa2386bb51ce32272e281acb67f140f144780d

Thanks
Activity: 364
Bitcoin Transaction ID: e98dc0534961a05da81ab18e3e870f225cc3c8a8daf07afd3f33309364bff19e
Amount sent: 2.36 BTC

Thanks for joining the Heavycoin IPO!  Your investment is confirmed.  We'll PM you later today with further info.
Interesting. thanks keccak512
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
Ah, one more I thought of:

• if when it all gots tits-up, as launches invariably do, please post regular updates on Twitter so that people know what is happening

Can I ask that the devs please put some serious thought into the logistics of the mining launch?

For example:

• Miner binaries for both Windows and Linux should both be available at launch
  • Have a plan for if when your website is DDOS'd, as they invariably are at launch (e.g. have mirrors setup for the miner binaries)

This should be obvious, but failed launch after failed launch shows otherwise. Anyone else care to add to the list?

thanks for this!

As described in our PRE-ANN post, we already have windows, OSX, ubuntu and debian wallets ready.  We are also working on an external miner and a pool with doge94.  If anyone else is interested in operating a pool, then please get in touch.

We plan to have mirror up so there are at least two places to download the wallets from.  We'll list both download locations on the bitcointalk Heavycoin Launch thread and the Heavycoin website.
Activity: 34
Heavycoin Public Key: 19VzBYvffPj4JcJM6ieNBXLEY9dJBQ2oXa
Bitcoin Transaction ID: #07ddf6a0c7a594a887379d38a04595a96d824dbf2f32dc14128412ea8d418d7d
Amount sent: 0.2 BTC
Bitcoin Transaction ID: e98dc0534961a05da81ab18e3e870f225cc3c8a8daf07afd3f33309364bff19e

Thanks for joining the Heavycoin IPO!  Your investment is confirmed.  We'll PM you later today with further info.
Activity: 364
Activity: 357
i thinking about investing in this coin, but not sure is worth it... there some whales bought big stakes of coins, and there is could be price destroyed in the markets because of these early adaptors (IPO's) especially if that coin not hits bigger exchanges..could start dumping marathon and still win. too big supply in beginning..
that investor who put in HVC 20BTC just imagine is gets something like 2M HVC..
Can I ask that the devs please put some serious thought into the logistics of the mining launch?

For example:

• Have a plan for if when your website is DDOS'd, as they invariably are at launch (e.g. have mirrors setup for the miner binaries)

This should be obvious, but failed launch after failed launch shows otherwise. Anyone else care to add to the list?

thanks for this!

As described in our PRE-ANN post, we already have windows, OSX, ubuntu and debian wallets ready.  We are also working on an external miner and a pool with doge94.  If anyone else is interested in operating a pool, then please get in touch.

We plan to have mirror up so there are at least two places to download the wallets from.  We'll list both download locations on the bitcointalk Heavycoin Launch thread and the Heavycoin website.
Thanks for responding, why not ask your investors what they think ? Using the method I suggest would result in the same outcome as the Escrow method you tried but giving you full control of the coin.

Surely it can't be difficult to refund your investors the money, create a list of everyone investing and then accept payment come launch, if you want honesty & transparency then this the most honest way you can go with this coin and if you do it this way you will have investors jumping in by the bucket load and will get a rep as one of the most honest coins around

The benefits really outweigh any negatives in this situation, it's win/win for everyone, probably moreso for yourself and the coin than anyone else

Your idea is equivalent to premining the 5M HVC and putting it for sale immediately after the mining launch.  We won't be doing that.

If you are looking for a zero risk way to obtain a stake in an IPO, then you won't find it here.  Current IPO stakeholders have taken substantial risk while others have not.  It is precisely this risk that rewards them with a larger amount of Heavycoin at the launch.  The terms of the IPO are fixed and we will not be changing things.

Your current IPO scheme is basically a premine and my idea is no different to the Escrow solution you were trying to implement, why are you so afraid of taking investment when coin launches from people who signed up for investment risk free pre launch

The more you argue against an honest IPO the more you will lose confidence, I'm not trying to cause trouble or put people off your coin I'm trying to help you gain confidence and more investment.

If you had nothing to hide you would not be so stuck in your ways of high risk investing which suggests to me you do not have confidence yourself in retaining investment when coin launches which is very worrying
Activity: 294
Wow that's one crazy premine... 4-10%... how can coins like this be taken seriously!
Activity: 63
Merit: 10

For example:

Activity: 58
I would like to throw in another vote in favor of escrow.  As far as i understand it, the reason Anon would not agree to the escrow was that he felt there was too much uncertainty around judging if Heavycoin had delivered on their end.

Since one of the key innovations is voting - why not simply hold a vote among everyone who buys in via escrow.  If the community feels the bar for releasing escrow has been met, then escrow is released as are the stakes of heavycoin.  This vote can take place right after launch, as soon as mining is working as promised.

Please please consider how to solve your escrow issues - nobody is willing to get burned again like STACK.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000
Crackpot Idealist
interesting concept.. will be fun to see if it can hold up against the gpu coders.

legendary
Activity: 968
Merit: 1000
einc.io
Dev's can write a whole new coin from the back-end forward?    But cannot handle 2 hours of bookkeeping to allow protected investments?  

Why would the dev's create a barrier to more up-front investment?

eXo IPO likely earned 50-65BTC MORE because of a Escrow,  Why would Heavy devs not want this money if they intend to deliver?  Seriously?

I prefer to consider everyone Innocent until proven guilty.  I have 'hope' the devs are invested in providing this coin.  But there are scams everyday and people sending BTC to new members, with new projects without protection is damaging the entire community.  I have been scammed even while taking precautions.  This isn't 'nerd money' people.  This is as real as it gets.  We work hard for what we have and I don't want to see anyone taken in this community.  Prepare for the worst and hope for the best.  Always!
Pages:
Jump to: