Pages:
Author

Topic: Price manipulation - page 14. (Read 2194 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 0
June 17, 2018, 12:13:55 AM
I read that they are investigating criminal price manipulations over Bitcoin. Manipulation of prices is really possible ? This happened before ?

Yes i really believed that there are people behind the huge fluctuation of bitcoin that affected also other cryptocurrency and i think they are rich people who influence the market so i suggest to some bitcoin holder is to keep your bitcoin to lessen the demand so market price increases again.
Activity: 154
June 16, 2018, 11:57:33 PM
I read that they are investigating criminal price manipulations over Bitcoin. Manipulation of prices is really possible ? This happened before ?
it is true we know that price increases can be determined by the volality as well as the number of investors and the price can be manipulated by large investors by storing large-scale or large-scale appeals that will directly affect the price.
Activity: 124
June 16, 2018, 11:09:30 PM
You can see it by the end of 2017 when the price of bitcoin is pushed up to $ 20000 then hit bottom at $ 6000
Activity: 30
June 16, 2018, 11:07:03 PM

Yes i really believed that there are people behind the huge fluctuation of bitcoin that affected also other cryptocurrency and i think they are rich people who influence the market so i suggest to some bitcoin holder is to keep your bitcoin to lessen the demand so market price increases again.

For me, I never get affected if there's a price manipulation involved in crypto business industry. If I am a big investor, I will grab or take the advantage on the positive side of any downtrend or uptrend of price. Its only part of the game in crypto. So better take the chance to buy at cheaper price when market price falls down.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 501
June 16, 2018, 11:02:54 PM
All who work with crypto and trade know that this market is manipulated by big players and exchanges, in particular Bitfinex by issue millions of Tether.
Yeah I'm also still confused by this problem. we know before the price rose so high up to $19k and then it can go down very deep to $6k just by speculation and issues like ban using bitcoin? #wth. I don;t know it's manipulation or not. but many people say that manipulation may have been done by the whales
Activity: 756
Merit: 112
June 16, 2018, 10:37:26 PM
It happened before and still happening now. Whales or those who hold tons of bitcoin. If you notice when someone release or sell a large amount of a coin it greatly affects the price. This is the same with other cryptocurrency as it is not regulated.

Even Satoshi Nakamoto should be considered a whale. Because if he still has access to those bitcoins he can greatly affect the current price.
Activity: 700
Merit: 117
June 16, 2018, 08:17:43 PM
Actually it's happening now. I do not know whether a person or a group but I know that it is now being controlled. So we see today the sudden downturn and the rise. Maybe if it does not control the price increases and we will all be happy.
Market today are hardly to predict prices nor we say that it always on the way of growing but it sadly that falling of prices is very often today. Not only market manipulation makes these things but there is another one 'that still need to discover.
Activity: 560
Merit: 100
June 16, 2018, 08:02:47 PM
It is. but the price value is only depend on investors because investors can manipulate the value of bitcoins whether they pump it or dump it so the one who can manipulate it is us users and investors but not real manipulation.
Activity: 574
Merit: 253
June 16, 2018, 07:48:41 PM
Many people think that the current price is the result of manipulation, but I think the price is happening is the reality that happened, because for the price manipulation of course required a very large capital so it is a crazy idea if people believe with it.
Activity: 65
Merit: 2
June 16, 2018, 06:17:48 PM
This would be a good use of the government. Actually working for the people. Though of course I prefer them to stay away. But this is good.
In terms of volatility right ? We can sure say it is good since at least there is a lot to benefit from it, but for the good of the market and maturity of the market, it is not good one bit. So many times, there would be a pattern that most manipulators will purposely bring up just to make traders hop in but in reality, all they plan is to screw them over and in a way even activate stop losses in their favor which to me is not a good thing. The market does not move based on usage or real life usage, but based on how some set of people who have upper hand just want it to move, which is really not good.

It's a good thing based on what big players do in order to screw others for their gain. I don't think governments can't stop completely, or any real significant way, but at least it's something.
Activity: 364
Merit: 10
June 16, 2018, 10:54:16 AM
Yeah many whales are there waiting for any opportunity to manipulate the market price. Those people that has huge amount of bitcoin can ride the market situation into a bearish as they can dumps their coins to shaken the newbie and create a panic selling of their coins.
Activity: 136
June 16, 2018, 10:54:07 AM
I think something like never happened, where some people or organizations try to manipulate bitcoin prices. Maybe it's done for their personal gain or a strategy in finding new enthusiasts bitcoin.
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
June 16, 2018, 10:32:23 AM

There is a news before in the past few months that there are hackers in korea who change the prices in the market which leads the dumping of prices in the market, so i think that cryptocurrency can be manipulated if the hacker is really good in programming.
Activity: 266
Merit: 17
June 16, 2018, 10:30:08 AM
Yeah it is possible mostly the big players do this kind of tricks they going to sold their bitcoin at the peek price then they will spread negative new to make FUD to then it can cause by panic it always happen and as expected it is part of bitcoin industry.
Activity: 462
Merit: 260
June 16, 2018, 09:21:49 AM
Actually it's happening now. I do not know whether a person or a group but I know that it is now being controlled. So we see today the sudden downturn and the rise. Maybe if it does not control the price increases and we will all be happy.
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
June 16, 2018, 09:15:12 AM

Price manipulation is possible. If you are an influential personality in crypto and by just spreading news, announcement, and information, it can greatly affect the market demand of a certain altcoin or even bitcoin. There are also whales who hold a big bag of cryptocurrency which can affect the price of crypto.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 102
June 16, 2018, 08:59:59 AM
Possible the group of whales can manipulate bitcoin price they can dump and pump whatever they like, there is nothing we can do, but we can join the game of whales.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024
June 16, 2018, 06:35:27 AM
it happens all the time and the price manipulation can mean pump and dump which we see clearly in anywhere in social media where you pay fees to them, .
We can't just put all our blame into the people doing such actions that causes price fluctuations because in the first place, this is not the only reason having market change.  FUDs also take some effect into it,  but if we don't even play their game,  they actually won't succeed. But sadly some of us just got tempted and full of worries when they saw market turning into red and then easily throw their coins in cheap.
Who are the people that you think use those FUDs to their advantage and could even be the source of that news at times ? The whales or will I say the market manipulators. The essence is to drive the market to their advantage. They have all it takes to do that, they have the capital to buy in at the moment they want, they know as long as the market move in the direction they want, it makes a lot of sense for them and so far that we have a lot of weak hands in the market and a decentralized unregulated market, it makes it so easy for them.
Activity: 166
Merit: 12
June 15, 2018, 06:17:42 PM
And how to assess the impact of sayings of politicians on the market? This can also be regarded as market manipulation and speculation. Nevertheless, the market depends on many factors and it is easy to manipulate. And this is a feature of any market.
Activity: 490
Merit: 105
June 15, 2018, 05:48:42 PM
All who work with crypto and trade know that this market is manipulated by big players and exchanges, in particular Bitfinex by issue millions of Tether.
Pages:
Jump to: