Pages:
Author

Topic: Primedice 3 - RELEASE DATE ANNOUNCED - page 10. (Read 15991 times)

legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1989
฿uy ฿itcoin
August 10, 2014, 06:28:03 AM
I don't see the big deal here. Just wait for a bit longer. You can still use the current PrimeDice website and it's not like your life depends on it right?
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1037
CEO @ Stake.com and Primedice.com
August 10, 2014, 06:19:22 AM
10th August no update for the whole day
What a hoax.

It might be a surprise Wink .

Stop condoning stunna's bullshit
I don't care if you're mod, he's made the whole community wait MONTHS, it's nearly been a whole year since the first announcement of construction and now he isn't opening because his Dev has "family issues"?
Family issues can take ages, and to be quite frank his family issues can't hold up thousands of players, that's just a load of bs

If he has errors with the site UPDATE US and TELL US WHAT IS GOING ON.

Site is perfectly ready to go. Its not issue with the site.

If u want updates i can update u Smiley .

Update 1 : Dev is not back yet

Update 2 : Dev is still not back

Update 3 : No he is not back

Update 4 : ... not yet.

I will do couple of more for u later. Smiley .

Sorry about sarcasm , but its rly not Stunna's fault , nobody in this planet could*t predict this . Except maybe for grandma Vanga ! (sees the future) .

Site is ready to go but it can't and won't be done without dev who made it from scratch .
18+ hours is his assumption so ,and i rly hope it won't take much more than that. Its passed so idk he should be back at it any moment now.

My call = BULLSHIT

Stunna hasn't said a single word DESPITE him being online throughout today.
I keep an eye on his latest posts regularly.

This is bs, I wanted to join RIGHT ON LAUNCH and from what it seems it's going to continue the bullshit until I and others who aren't aware are either asleep or AFK

Well that's ur call , u have every right for it Smiley .
legendary
August 10, 2014, 06:02:14 AM
What a hoax.

Stop condoning stunna's bullshit
I don't care if you're mod, he's made the whole community wait MONTHS, it's nearly been a whole year since the first announcement of construction and now he isn't opening because his Dev has "family issues"?
Family issues can take ages, and to be quite frank his family issues can't hold up thousands of players, that's just a load of bs

If he has errors with the site UPDATE US and TELL US WHAT IS GOING ON.

Site is perfectly ready to go. Its not issue with the site.

If u want updates i can update u Smiley .

Update 1 : Dev is not back yet

Update 2 : Dev is still not back

Update 3 : No he is not back

Update 4 : ... not yet.

I will do couple of more for u later. Smiley .

Sorry about sarcasm , but its rly not Stunna's fault , nobody in this planet could*t predict this . Except maybe for grandma Vanga ! (sees the future) .

Site is ready to go but it can't and won't be done without dev who made it from scratch .
18+ hours is his assumption so ,and i rly hope it won't take much more than that. Its passed so idk he should be back at it any moment now.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
August 10, 2014, 05:51:55 AM
So much longer will it take?
We have waited now, what, a year or so?
Now is 10th, will it even be today as promised?
If yes what time? 10am forum time?

It was at least 18 hours from the officialprimedice page so any time from now to X Smiley

19 hours ago · Edited
PD3 will be delayed for at least 18hours. Sorry for this delay, PD will make it up to you guys!

I've had a chance to BETA test it and it's definitely worth the wait! You will not be disappointed.

- MICRO
Activity: 318
Merit: 250
August 10, 2014, 05:45:50 AM
So much longer will it take?
We have waited now, what, a year or so?
Now is 10th, will it even be today as promised?
If yes what time? 10am forum time?
legendary
August 10, 2014, 05:42:16 AM
What a hoax.

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
August 10, 2014, 05:34:06 AM
Not even an update Angry

Dont put in a deadline if you cant stick to it!!!
Activity: 270
August 10, 2014, 05:15:11 AM
I'm not optimist for it to be released today either, but I'd rather the site goes live without any bugs and fully working than release something subpar. Patience is all people need and it'll come soon enough.
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1989
฿uy ฿itcoin
August 10, 2014, 05:11:26 AM
It says atleast 18 hours. So theoretically it could take another month Tongue. All jokes aside, I'm sure they can manage to launch it today. I just hope they work everything out. This must be really frustrating for Stunna Sad
legendary
August 10, 2014, 05:06:37 AM
Hope PD3 will come live today Smiley can't wait to try It

Don't count on it.
It will come when we least expect it which is tomorrow  Grin
Still it shouldn't be long now 18 hours and all

PrimeDice
18 hours ago · Edited
PD3 will be delayed for at least 18hours. Sorry for this delay, PD will make it up to you guys!

I've had a chance to BETA test it and it's definitely worth the wait! You will not be disappointed.

- MICRO
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
August 10, 2014, 04:29:49 AM
Hope PD3 will come live today Smiley can't wait to try It
legendary
August 10, 2014, 04:19:57 AM
But doesn't it say >99.99 and 99.99 is not >99.99

The digits behind the XX.XX are rounded so 99.992 would still be 99.99 and thus not a winner.

It does say >99.99, but all rolls from 0 to 99.994999 end up losing. Only rolls of 99.995 and up win - so that's only 0.005% of them. If you pay out 9900 times with a 0.005% chance, that's a 50.5% house edge, not 1% as advertised.

Wow pretty funny this bug was found on PD 2 basically at the exact moment it's going extinct. I wonder how many people got screwed on that one over the years...

It's not entirely a coincidence. I've never paid very much attention to Prime Dice in the past, but was waiting for PD3 to launch, and thought I would keep myself awake by catching up on the PD thread here. That's when I saw the post from a guy saying "I've never seen 100.00", and decided I would investigate to see if it ever actually happens. Turns out it does, but only 0.005% of the time (one in 20 thousand rolls) - but it only pays out 9900 times the stake when it hits.

That was error on previous dev behalf . And its sorted out on pd3 by actually rolling only up to 99.99 . So when u play 9900x on pd3 u are aiming to get 99.99 , just coz 100 is hard to get that way.

I also never thought about it , i saw couple of 0 and 100 in my 360k bets on pd, also there are some bet ids from players that actually won 9900x . I won one on pd3 in less than 10k bets total. I also won jackpot in that 10k bets.
legendary
August 10, 2014, 04:08:03 AM
10th August Smiley

Edit: 2014 before anyone says anything haha

Darn well I was going to ask to edit mine to the 10th but left a note in the main thread as well in case you check the other one

PRIMEDICE.
  PRIMEDICE 3 COMING 10TH AUGUST:
  Revolutionizing Gambling as you Know it!
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330
August 09, 2014, 11:23:36 PM

The digits behind the XX.XX are rounded so 99.992 would still be 99.99 and thus not a winner.

It does say >99.99, but all rolls from 0 to 99.994999 end up losing. Only rolls of 99.995 and up win - so that's only 0.005% of them. If you pay out 9900 times with a 0.005% chance, that's a 50.5% house edge, not 1% as advertised.

Wow pretty funny this bug was found on PD 2 basically at the exact moment it's going extinct. I wonder how many people got screwed on that one over the years...

It's not entirely a coincidence. I've never paid very much attention to Prime Dice in the past, but was waiting for PD3 to launch, and thought I would keep myself awake by catching up on the PD thread here. That's when I saw the post from a guy saying "I've never seen 100.00", and decided I would investigate to see if it ever actually happens. Turns out it does, but only 0.005% of the time (one in 20 thousand rolls) - but it only pays out 9900 times the stake when it hits.
Activity: 462
August 09, 2014, 10:41:06 PM
Best to wait until it is totally ready and with dev support than releasing it to the public with possible bugs.. i dony want to remember what happened with satoshi dice tribute crappy launch.. so i prefer to wait.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Whatever you do, take care of your shoes.
August 09, 2014, 10:30:59 PM
I'm assuming someone who was pentesting found a big problem? at least it was found before the site was made public I suppose.

I found a big problem in PD2 last night - the ">99.99" and "<0.01" games turn out to have had a 50.5% house edge all along, not 1% as was advertised. I saw one guy posting his results, he was playing the 0.01% game over and over, rolled in the top 0.01% of possible rolls, but was awarded a loss, not a win. It appears that you only have a 0.005% chance of winning the 0.01% game, so the payout is only half what it should be to give a 1% edge.

See https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8260264

I don't know if that's related to the delay in the launch of PD3 or not, since I don't know whether the same problem exists in PD3.

EDIT: I'm moving my response to the main PrimeDice thread instead of it being on the Pd3 launch thread.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8272756
Activity: 76
Here we go!!
August 09, 2014, 09:35:51 PM
I'm assuming someone who was pentesting found a big problem? at least it was found before the site was made public I suppose.

I found a big problem in PD2 last night - the ">99.99" and "<0.01" games turn out to have had a 50.5% house edge all along, not 1% as was advertised. I saw one guy posting his results, he was playing the 0.01% game over and over, rolled in the top 0.01% of possible rolls, but was awarded a loss, not a win. It appears that you only have a 0.005% chance of winning the 0.01% game, so the payout is only half what it should be to give a 1% edge.

I don't know if that's related to the delay in the launch of PD3 or not, since I don't know whether the same problem exists in PD3.

i heard Stunna talking about something similar, it was about the edge of those bets is 50% if i'm not wrong. also i guess he told that it's solved for PD3. lets wait when he read your post doog so he can confirm if it's solved.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
August 09, 2014, 09:34:11 PM

Activity: 406
August 09, 2014, 09:31:46 PM

Activity: 76
Here we go!!
August 09, 2014, 09:26:39 PM

The main reason for delay if anyone is wondering is our developer had something come up in real life and we didn't want to launch without him on, he should be returning later today and everything will be prepared at that time.

Stunna told that in another thread.
Pages:
Jump to: