Pages:
Author

Topic: 🔴 Problem with an inappropriate attitude (racism) on Bitcointalk - page 3. (Read 822 times)

Activity: 2296
Merit: 755
Bitcoin = Financial freedom
Actually, you can also take it as the user is referring the profile created for the project is fake because most of the projects works in that way but only the user who commented on that can give on what context he posted a comment like that.
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 6706
Proudly Cycling Merits for Foxpup
Race wasn't mentioned in that comment, though I can see how you'd think it was made because the guy is black.  I don't understand the second part "Good luck tracking your assholes, yo".  I probably don't know the context, however.

In any case, I seriously doubt that post will get deleted.  This forum is big on free speech, which includes speech that offends you.  If you think someone is a racist and don't care for the comments he's making, you've got the option to use the ignore button.  I'd also advise growing a thicker skin if you plan on sticking around the forum, because there's no telling when someone is going to write something that could be offensive. 

Nowhere is it claimed that bitcointalk is going to keep you free from discomfort.  I'd also add that if you don't like what that user wrote, you can always challenge him in a post of your own.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1063
What do you think? What can the moderators do here? Ban him this user?
I doubt they'll ban that user. but a mod probably would delete it if someone or you reported the post(but I am not certain).

just a note the forum refrain from silencing free speech as much as possible so this is probably won't be the last time you'll see offensive remarks or an insult here in the forum. my only tip is to thicken your skin up and ignore them or just report the post if you find it off-topic and unnecessary or it is not adding anything to the discussion.

edit:
here I found a post from mprep regarding racist remarks and what would happen.
I can't find the answer in the OP so I'll ask here. Is racism allowed on the Bitcointalk forum?  

I have reported a few posts that are blatantly racist, but I see that they are classed as falsely reported.  I won't report it anymore if it is allowed on the forum, seems pretty crazy to allow it though in my opinion.
Allowed as long as it's not the only part of the post. Racist remarks along a constructive post (arguments, reasons) are allowed as if he wants to make himself look stupid, we don't want to stop him from doing so. However, if it's just a personal attack, then it will be deleted.
Activity: 1694
Merit: 516
Wow that is definitely not okay. Did you report him?

I think the moderators will pick up on this thread and take appropriate actions.

It is 2021, racism shouldn't be tolerated anywhere on this world, online or offline.
kna
Activity: 13
Merit: 32
Pages:
Jump to: