Pages:
Author

Topic: Profitability of the new bfl monarchs (600ghs) - page 4. (Read 10293 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Yeah we'll when I calculate mining profits I run off a billion difficulty instead of 65,000,000 or 250,000,000 like some people and its still somewhat profitable ,

Really? What rate of difficulty increase do you plug in to your calculation? There is enough equipment on pre-order to keep the difficulty going up until the middle of next year.

If you take that into account, the first person to receive a Monarch in the new year will be lucky if their total return from the machine is 25% of the purchase price and that is if they have free electricity.

here ıs a claculatıon at 950,000,000 dıffıculty wıth a profıtabılıty declıne of 59% per year over 2 years. at current bıt coın exchange rate (though youd expect ıt to rıse, though you cannot base calculatıons on a hıgher exchange rate) wıth a rounded up 5,000 dollars for the monarch and electrıcıty at 0.55kwh at worst case scenarıo. 

40 bucks a day ıs stıll a good profıt ın my books. yeah ıt wıll take 5 months to break even on ıt but ı stıll belıeve ıts somethıng worth havıng. ıts lıke a car ı spend lıke 200 bucks atleast a week on my car ıts a fuckıng leech to my pocket but ı sure as hell would be worse off wıthout ıt . ı paıd 5k for ıt and ı pay 10k a year just to keep the fucker ınsured, fueled up and for regıstratıon. wıthout ıt ı cant work my job because ım a tradesman ı need to get around to make my money. but sure my return ıs a hell of a lot more then thıs thıng ı make 200 bucks a day at work ım not fussed about makıng a huge profıt from mınıng. but wıthout the ıncentıve of a possıble profıt to me there ıs no poınt buyıng the thıng.

what else do you guys thınk? ı just really want to know how everyone says there wıll be no profıt from buyıng thıs thıng?Huh are they just tryıng to scare people out of buyıng the new asıcs to reduce dıffıculty  Cheesy
Activity: 65
Yeah we'll when I calculate mining profits I run off a billion difficulty instead of 65,000,000 or 250,000,000 like some people and its still somewhat profitable ,

Really? What rate of difficulty increase do you plug in to your calculation? There is enough equipment on pre-order to keep the difficulty going up until the middle of next year.

If you take that into account, the first person to receive a Monarch in the new year will be lucky if their total return from the machine is 25% of the purchase price and that is if they have free electricity.
Yeah we'll when I calculate mining profits I run off a billion difficulty instead of 65,000,000 or 250,000,000 like some people and its still somewhat profitable , I would have definitely bought on the first batch but this is for the second batch. I mean I could buy the bitcoins but where is the fun in that? I already invest in silver bullion.

But I suppose if the price of bitcoin jumps to $500 a coin like some speculate , that is a 5x profit almost.

Instead is spending 5,000 on a monarch I buy something like 45 bitcoin , if the price goes up to 500 it becomes $22,500 which is pretty nifty but it just isn't fun . At a billion difficulty a monarch will produce around the same at current price over the course of a year.

Bitcoin is going to have a blow out before it finally hits big , I'm just buying on that. The price and difficulty will drop for about a year or two. People won't mine as much .
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
if you're not one of first in line for any next gen mining rigs in pre-order - just forget it..  just get BTC for the money, chances are you'll have a big smile in a year or two instead of getting few gray hairs while waiting, going through manufacturer delays and seeing how quickly new mighty rig becomes worthless.

edit:  if cointerra and hashfast comeout around the same time as monarchs or before... you know..  multiply current difficulty at least by 1000-10000
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193
If they can legitimately deliver by late February

They can't.
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
-125% profitability. you are better off using half the money to just buy up coins off someone
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001
Personally..........save your money.Thier track record of delivery on time is a joke.BFL MAY get these out by June or later,IMHO  Roll Eyes

Keep watching,there are a few folks bringing product to the table,on time supposedly  Wink

Right now ? Bitfury.In 1-2 months KnC,maybe................
I know that feel I ordered a jally in early April knowing there were delays of at least 4-6 months but I took my chances, 5 months later the order is still processing but it will still make about 0.013 coin a day or so for a few months I guess it's more of a novelty now but I jumped on the train way too late. I am considering buying a monarch for something like 5,000aud after converting from usd. If they can legitimately deliver by late February I will still be happy it doesn't have to make a big profit. But it's more for keeping onto for the long term kind of as a mantelpiece , show off to the ladies when I bring them over for a drink.

I'm betting the difficulty will rocket up again in December-January if they actually deliver the monarchs then. Just assuming there's about 1000-2000 in that batch (this would be very small in comparison to previous batches) network hash rate will jump up by around 1,000,000 gh/s difficulty will go up 1000% and there will e no profit even for the monarchs they will kind of just negate themselves out in a way. Like trying to shove a bunch of pencils through a small drain pipe. Or a bunch or crayons in your mouth. You have room for a couple before it becomes pointless shoving crayons in your mouth. The reality is bitcoin mining is going to implode soon , that is why buying a monarch is good and bad at the same time because one day difficulty is going to go down because bitcoin is going to be thrown into chaos by the difficulty rate and thereof the lack of processing power for the block chain. Either satoshi will adjust the mining to be more feasible (not just the transaction fees) but perhaps once more reduce the block size this will in turn push up value of coin due to low supply . And people will all get down and do the dinosaur.
Pages:
Jump to: