Pages:
Author

Topic: Project Covid-19 : An approach to support the Bitcoin community - page 2. (Read 8090 times)

legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 3878
Visit: r7promotions.com
Thanks for reaching me in here. The goal of this project is to aid people (forum users or non-forum people but through a forum user) who are affected directly or indirectly by the novel coronavirus crisis. We have done lots of food supply and also provided hygiene stuffs too. There are few cases of personal appeal too but some of them had really no evidence to verify. Currently, we have a forum user who is possibly corona positive (still we are under investigations, asked for more paperwork). Behind the scene a lot of things are happening.

Just closed to my shop, there is a doctor cabinet. And many times he told me about the cases of patients who are not able to buy medicines or to visit the doctor for a second date just because they haven't enough money.
So i thought if this program can provide some help for some of them. Indeed, i can't run a full program like the ones i see in the services board.
My questions are:
- Can this charity program fund the donations of medicines for some urgent cases who need it?
- What should i have to do exactly?
- And what's the garantes i have to provide because i can't take pictures of peoples faces? I saw brainboss did this in his program.

Yes we can certainly work with that. In fact this will be a great addition for us to serve people who are in need.

For the 2nd visit the doctor can compromise his fees (looks like he is a good doctor and I do not see a reason not to compromise his fees if the patient is really in need).

For urgent medicines for some urgent cases, if anyone in need then you can give us: Clear picture of the prescription + Your username (since we are serving the patient through you) + current Date + The phone number of the patient (cover it in the public picture if you feel to post in public but keep it open to the picture that will be sent to us in private) + The dollar amount of the medicines. There are no need to show anyone's face.

I think this will be enough for us to verify an application if we really think we need to and the patient in need can easily get the help from this fund.

Cheers,

PS: I will add/edit after talking to Hhampuz in this matter.

Edit:
Hhampuz agrees. Feel free to contact us with your urgent cases whenever you will have one.
legendary
Getting an ad slot will be an interesting idea I think. Thanks for your input. I will talk about this with Hhampuz and see what he thinks. More ideas a also welcome so feel free to give all of yours inputs plesae.
legendary
legendary
I have updated the Dutch Translation topic.
Thanks. I had a quick scan and these are the languages which has not done yet.

العربية (Arabic)  - Kavelj22
Pilipinas > Pamilihan - arwin100
Eλληνικά (Greek) - condoras
Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian) - MAAManda
Malaysia - Despairo
Türkçe (Turkish) - Bthd
Vietnamese - ChuckBuck
legendary
Updating the Ann will take a little time since I need to find untold to add the design.Those who has done the translation, plaese update your thread with Hhampuz's link. I will PM you guys if neesed any instructions.
Update in the ANN has been done and PM sent to all the users who translated the ANN so that they do not miss updating their part.

We have successfully finished sending food supply for 50 more families in Bangladesh which had a cost of $1665. We have paid the user yestereday. All the details are posted in here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.54590127
Please have a look.

Please continue the 2-step challenge gave to create awareness so that we can serve more people around the world. Thanks everyone for your constant support on this project. To keep things smooth, we are always working behind the scene

Cheers,
legendary
An important update in the project COVID-19 team supervision body/governing body or whatever you tell it. We have bad news and good news.

Bad news is - Lauda has decided to step away from the roll officially. She was requesting it to me from last two weeks but I was the one who is hasitating and taking time since she was doing some very effective job for the roll and it was hard for me to find a replacement of her. Then few days ago she pushed it hard so upon agreement we found an awesome forum member Hhampuz as her replacement. There are no need to introduce him to anyone who are around even for few weeks.

So here is our good news, from now on Hhampuz is our governing body member and will play the same roll that Lauda did for us. Please consider this as the official post on this from Project COVID-19 team.

Updating the Ann will take a little time since I need to find untold to add the design.Those who has done the translation, plaese update your thread with Hhampuz's link. I will PM you guys if neesed any instructions.

@Hhampuz, welcome aboard buddy. @Lauda, thanks for the move you made as you thought this will shine the project more.

Cheers,
legendary
Avatar (Hat WO version designed by xhomerx10):

https://i.imgur.com/ODRO86K.png
We have a new version of avatar. It's WO version of hat and designed by WO gang member xhomerx10. Another gang member BitcoinGirl.Club was the user who requested it :-D

Thanks guys, this avatar looks beautiful.

Those are wearing our avatar, you can consider wearing this beautiful master piece :-)
legendary
Another successful aid program completed. This time it was in Bangladesh. Forum user bitcoinbangladesh.org served 50 families in his local area with 1 months food supply for each family. All the details were updated in this post: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.54538861

Guys, be the part of this awesome work we are doing for the community, for the people in need. Please join the 2-steps challenge game and spread the words. There are more to come.
legendary
I can have another advertising auction if there's any interest.
Anything that will help us to reach out to more people is always great for us. Please feel free :-D also, please participate in the challenge game. It's not much to read :-p
All you do is copy paste the PM contents, let them know that you challengef then to challenge three more users. This chain then will create a massive impact for all to create awareness.

Cheers,
legendary
We need more exposure.
Guys please spread the words.
We need to play the challenge game to create awareness. Still, there are users who are not aware about the work we are doing in here.

Please spread the words that, we have:
- Sent hygiene stuffs (Mask, gloves) to 100 people somewhere in the Middle East. $68.5434 in BTC it's 0.00769500
https://blockchair.com/bitcoin/transaction/d44e2aa66ce2d0f9af9c4ba8947580e8cd48eb2a6ceb2d2debd3e551386559c5
- Sent food supply to 20 families in Nigeria. $720 in BTC it's 0.07392000
https://blockchair.com/bitcoin/transaction/ac4b4ea2ee6d4f1df09c534c7458b4b42288a6b78d2e894e7e32c1344e6a49fd
- We are in progress to aid more 50 families in Nigeria. Budget ~ $1,775, $800 already funded to the supply which is 0.08360000 BTC
https://blockchair.com/bitcoin/transaction/be68afad4a07fc42380cb5f99abfeb8c550f084ad8b1401ac5a09abb91a98e36
- In progress to supply food to 50 families in Bangladesh. Budget: ~ $1750
and there are few more in progress.

We need more people to see our work and know that we are here for them.

Please spread the words.

I am online today for fairly long time. Anyone has any question? Please ask.

Cheers,
legendary
Some nice work buddy. Maybe when we will be free from all these crises then we can look back and create an exclusive summary of everything what we have done in here.

Let's hope everything ends too soon.

2. Food supply for 50 families in another country. Information will be updated once we will have permission.

Update:
Date: 01/06/2020
Food supply for 50 families in Bangladesh
Bangladesh local bitcoin forum admin user bitcoinbangladesh.org, the forum URL https://bitcoinbangladesh.org - approched us to support him by funding  food supply for 100 families and he will pay upfront for the aid. Once the project done then we will pay his experiences. Initially we have approved the food supply for 50 families. Budget ~ $1750
Please read details in this post: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.54538861

Updated will be listed in here: https://bitcoinbangladesh.org/index.php/topic,68.0.html

But problem is that this is in their own language. Can someone follow that post and translate the contents for us?
legendary
Two big news:

1. Food supply for 50 more families in Nigeria

Date: 31/05/2020
Food supply for more 50 families in Nigeria
After successfully sending out food supply to 20 families in Nigeria, we are approving CryptopreneurBrainboss's appeal for feeding 50 more families. Please read more in this post: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.54533999

2. Food supply for 50 families in another country. Information will be updated once we will have permission.

Please continue the 2-step challenge game. We need to reach out to more people around the world.
legendary
Collections: 1.18653087 BTC
Current balance: 1.10487041 BTC
New update:

Collections: 1.28828187 BTC (12,240.00 USD1)
Current balance: 1.20662141 BTC ()

Click to see full breakdown.

We need to play the 2-step challenge game
We need more exposure so that more people know that we are here for them.
We need more exposure so that more people who are willing to help others, can join us.

Cheers,

1 Preev.com rate on 30/05/2020 @10:39 GMT
legendary
Thanks julerz12 and psycodad for the donations. It's good that donations are coming however we really need more users to be aware about this project so that they know we are here and seek for the aid also those are capable to donate, they can donate.

Please continue the challenge game.

Just a little update so far:

Collections: 1.18653087 BTC
Current balance: 1.10487041 BTC

Hygiene item supply for 100 people somewhere in the Middle East: 0.00770746 BTC ($68.5434 at the time of donation)
Food supply to 20 families in Nigeria: 0.07395300 BTC ($720.00 at the time of donation)

Full spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/112dk74xnUlgMHSREP4Ny0kqwrRSEUSAHrGjMJVwXQfY/edit?usp=sharing

legendary
Have sent a little donation to this project, please see below for transaction id.

Thanks.

https://blockstream.info/tx/f79b3a2886629eba982bffdf120cc1e8f6670b293d7b52e723ac40f4d411fcf4
Thanks for your donations. The spreadsheet has been updated too.
By the way, I am wondering why not we have many activities on the challenge game :-D

Maybe we need a hot boiled water challenge or something :-P

Anyway, I am back. I had some busy time in the last two days.
legendary
legendary
Please read this very important update when you are playing the 2-step challenge game.

**Warning**
Please do not play this game (explicitly sending PM) with any member who you do not know very well. I have sent a PM to theymos to clear the confusion of breaking the rules of sending unsolicited PM to members. I am yet to get a response from him.

Cheers,

P.S: In the last 24 hours there are no new Challenge! What is going on bitcointalk community :-D
Activity: 1372
Merit: 322
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1492339481111559&id=100010065634887
Another case of Cancer.
I will summarize the post.
Save a mother.
This women who is suffering for breast cancer for last 2 years. She had treatment in 2019 which cost her 15 lakh BDT (~$17600) which is a big some for a middle class family in my country. After treatment in 2019, she was okay but recently she was found infected which she was probably not aware of. Cancer spread so fast and after consulting and having some test, doctor suggested her to have 6 more chemotherapy which she can't afford to. Personally I have helped her whatever I could afford to but she need a lot of more fund. She need a total of 6 lakh BDT (~$7000) for the chemotherapy but right now, she even don’t have $1000 worth of BDT. Earlier, she & her family spent all of their savings and had some amount borrowed. Now, she needs money which she can't manage.
I'm applying here to help her and save a mother.
Any information or proof required can be shared.
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1321
Bitcoin needs you!
Auction is now over and yogg will send over 0.002BTC (minus tx fees ) to the COVID-19 address as soon as he’s received the funds .
Many thanks and hopefully I haven’t brought the charity into a bad light/disrepute. Thanks again
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
Royse777, pay attention to this thread.  

Making excuses for not sending the coin with the least risk and least fees is concerning.  Keeping an open minded "I'll let the buyer decide how much i can scam" may hurt your future fundraising efforts.

Edit:  He has now confirmed he has no intention of doing this without escrow - he ignores my comments exactly like OgNasty does when I catch him scamming.

Don't let one scammer ruin your entire endeavor here.   Say something?

Ok, why post something with no comment, when yogg is waiting to see if you accept his offer of free escrow?
Pages:
Jump to: