Pages:
Author

Topic: Proof of Work Altcoins News and Info. Make Profitable Trades. - page 3. (Read 4550 times)

legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...
A Week in Review

LBRY:  $500K in VC Funds from Pillar
Source

Monero:  Check RingCT in Action
Source

Not much updates in the world of POW coins but some if them have been profitable as of late.  XMR is crazy as all of you have seen and there are a couple others that are showing signs that they could be profitable if you were paying attention.  I will post charts later or tomorrow if I'm not busy.
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288
A Week in Review

Dash:  Crypto Investors Should Look Closer at Dash: The Atlanta Blockchain Hosts Evan & Amanda
Source

Maybe DASH can rename into Evan&Amanda coin.
legendary
Activity: 2926
Merit: 1440
@kiklo. Yes it is looking like Coinbase does not care about litecoin at all and they only care about the potential fees they will get if people will start trading LTC in GDAX. It is a slap in the face if you are a true supporter of litecoin and also an insult.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

Litecoin:  Why are you not trading LTC on GDAX?
Source

I can answer that one, no one gives a shit about GDAX,
It is the Direct Wallet on CoinBase, where you just buy LTC like BTC or Eth, that is what everyone is waiting for.  Tongue
When Coinbase gets off of their slow asses and makes that happen, that is when the LTC Volume will skyrocket.
(Also GDAX requires a Picture ID now, when you can trade everywhere else without one. Even the coinbase wallets don't require picture id.
This will hurt Gdax as ID theft is too high to just throw ids around, when there are 30 exchanges where you don't have too.)

So to Charlie, it is the lack of the Coinbase Wallet. Tongue

Cool

FYI:
Anyone that Tweets, feel free to forward that to Charlie from Kiklo,
I don't Tweet.
legendary
A Week in Review

Dash:  Crypto Investors Should Look Closer at Dash: The Atlanta Blockchain Hosts Evan & Amanda
Source

Litecoin:  Why are you not trading LTC on GDAX?
Source

Monero:  Update on the official GUI
Source

Siacoin:  How to Run a Host on Sia
Source

Added Siacoin and I will add Syscoin later.  I didn't realize that it is also mineable.
legendary
Spartak, please don't start something. Cheesy

Anyway this thread is more about helping people make their trades more profitable. So it would help to put yourself in a more neutral stance.  Like for example you were looking to trade Dash without any bias.

Let's say you traded Dash perfectly and bought at the green arrow and sold at the red arrow because:

1) You don't have any bias.  You just trade.
2) You are updated on what's happening in the altcoin scene.
3) You watch the price action closely of the different altcoins in the market.

I think that would also be a good way to profit alternatively to the usual buy and hold, cult-like support for *Your Coin Here* strategy that's usually used here.
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176
@FAILCommunity
I guess Vcash is hybrid. But why not ETC or ETH or SIA? They're all pure POW with higher volume than XVC or DGB.

Already have ETH and ETC on another thread titled 'ICO Projects and Crypto Platforms News and Info.'  Thread Here

This thread is more for the cryptocurrencies with the more 'old school' feel to it if that makes any sense.

I will look into SIA.  Thanks for pointing that out.

Dash is so "old school" (premined). Cheesy I wouldn't put even a cent in it. That's like living in Sudan and vote for Omar al-Bashir.
legendary
I guess Vcash is hybrid. But why not ETC or ETH or SIA? They're all pure POW with higher volume than XVC or DGB.

Already have ETH and ETC on another thread titled 'ICO Projects and Crypto Platforms News and Info.'  Thread Here

This thread is more for the cryptocurrencies with the more 'old school' feel to it if that makes any sense.  I think they're gonna make a comeback.

I will look into SIA.  Thanks for pointing that out.
legendary
Why this thread should be only about PoW coins? You don't think that PoS has a future?

I do but that's for another thread.  Actually I have another thread that includes NXT, BTS, etc. in case you didn't notice.  But no PPC and the like though.  But I will look into it.
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1102
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176
@FAILCommunity
Why this thread should be only about PoW coins? You don't think that PoS has a future?
legendary
Isn't Vcash PoS? DASH quasi-PoS? And DBG premine shitcoin still on Bitcoin v0.8 codebase?

How did you pick these coins? Names in a hat? Bags you be holding?

I picked the POW cryptocurrencies traded at good, decent volume and liquidity.  In my opinion these are safer to get into especially if you're a newbie in trading.  It would be easier to unload because the market provides the liquidity.

I wasn't aware that Vcash is totally POS.  I might have missed something.  Please feel free to post the info.  That would be really helpful.  Thanks.  As for DASH and DGB, the volume and liquidity is good and decent.  And please keep in mind this thread is not about which altcoin is the most likely to be like Bitcoin.  It's more of a guide or a place where to pick up info to trade in and out of them in order to profit in Bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1102
Isn't Vcash PoS? DASH quasi-PoS? And DBG premine shitcoin still on Bitcoin v0.8 codebase?

How did you pick these coins? Names in a hat? Bags you be holding?
legendary

Burst (BURST)
Chart
Blog
Community
Github
Team

Dash (DASH)
Chart
Blog
Community
Github
Team

Dash (DCR)
Chart
Blog
Community
Github
Team

Dogecoin (DOGE)
Chart
Blog
Community
Github
Team

Lbry (LBRY)
Chart
Blog
Community
Github
Team

Litecoin (LTC)
Chart
Blog
Community
Github
Team

Monero (XMR)
Chart
Blog
Community
Github
Team

Siacoin (SIA)
Chart
Blog
Community
Github
Team

Zcash (ZEC)
Chart
Blog
Community
Github
Team

With the recent news of Litecoin getting Coinbase's support and Monero being accepted at Alpha Bay and Oasis, two of the more popular Darknet Market places, I think there could be a revival of the 'old school' type POW coins on 2017.  I for one thought it's the time of Smart Contracts and '2.0' Platforms making the old school coins irrelevant.  I was wrong.  LTC and XMR has proven that POW coins can still be relevant, useful and in some ways even better.

I picked the ones with good, decent volume and liquidity as those are the ones I would recommend a newbie in crypto get into.  

Enjoy the thread and please post some of the coins that you think should be on the list.  

(I made the thread self moderated to avoid making it a mudslinging war between camps.)
Pages:
Jump to: