Pages:
Author

Topic: Proof that God exists - page 69. (Read 62273 times)

legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824
February 07, 2016, 02:04:33 PM
Can yo prove that love exist?
Or our spirit?
Or black holes?
You can't see such things but you believe in them.
So, why is so difficult to believe in God?
Because you can't see him?
Do you really think that created being can prove existence of his Creator?
I don't think so Smiley
God created all universe, science, all natural laws and He is beyond it.

Activity: 308
Merit: 292
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
February 07, 2016, 12:51:47 PM
can you see the air you breath? no. can you feel it? do you believe its there?  yes.
thats it. similar thing is with god.. i am not justifyimg a sinle religions god, because I don't want a single religion to be targeted...

Listen, neuroscientists are mapping how the human brain works as we speak.  youtube Ray Kurzweil.
We are getting very close to fully understand what exactly is happening to our brain when we think, talk, write posts on bitcointalk.org, memorize things etc.

I bet religion is infecting the emotional part of your brain first, then it spreads to reasoning/logical part, essentially causing hallucinations, emotional short circuits etc.

You are right, it is not fair to single out one particular religion.  They are all bat shit crazy.  I see no distinguishable difference between them.  People who believe in this stuff should be hospitalized. They pose danger to themselves and others.

You religiously believe this, then.     Grin

When someone says he/she doesn't believe something, our friend BADecker will quickly come and say he/she believes it.
I don't even know how to respond to such contradictory logic.
BADecker - there must be chaos in your mind, man.

And there you have it. You don't know how to respond, just like you don't realize that there are many things that you believe, that are contrary to the things that you have convinced yourself that you believe.

Smiley

You know, it's not even funny anymore. I mean, at first it was amusing to see all the mess there was inside your head, but now you're just messing with people. You're either slow or just flipping people off for the fun of it.

It's easy to understand why reality seems to hurt you. But isn't it time you grow up? I mean, man. What were we talking about? Wasn't it the proof that God exists? I have shown you the proof, and you can't even think your way through it to analyze it. Perhaps you should head back to school and get an education.

Smiley

Prove God exists using methods and experiments that can be repeated by anyone with the same result. Saying God exists because things around us exist and that's proof of His existence are just empty words.

Almost everyone in the world uses the methods that I have been talking about, everyday. People don't need to experiment with them. They are way beyond experimenting. For example.

When you first got a computer and the Internet, you experimented with it to teach yourself how to use it. But now, you get onto Bitcointalk without any trouble. You are way beyond experimenting with the computer and the Internet.

Likewise, people use cause and effect everyday.
People recognize the complexity of the universe... at least the world they live in everyday.
People recognize entropy all the time... in erosion if nothing else... or the fact that their car runs out of gas.

How in the world much more experimentation do you need? Get out there and use stuff in life, and you will be proving the existence of God to yourself.

Smiley

Beyond experimenting. Riiiight. I got it now. Totally makes sense.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
February 07, 2016, 12:04:36 PM
can you see the air you breath? no. can you feel it? do you believe its there?  yes.
thats it. similar thing is with god.. i am not justifyimg a sinle religions god, because I don't want a single religion to be targeted...

Listen, neuroscientists are mapping how the human brain works as we speak.  youtube Ray Kurzweil.
We are getting very close to fully understand what exactly is happening to our brain when we think, talk, write posts on bitcointalk.org, memorize things etc.

I bet religion is infecting the emotional part of your brain first, then it spreads to reasoning/logical part, essentially causing hallucinations, emotional short circuits etc.

You are right, it is not fair to single out one particular religion.  They are all bat shit crazy.  I see no distinguishable difference between them.  People who believe in this stuff should be hospitalized. They pose danger to themselves and others.

When someone says he/she doesn't believe something, our friend BADecker will quickly come and say he/she believes it.

And there you have it. You don't know how to respond, just like you don't realize that there are many things that you believe, that are contrary to the things that you have convinced yourself that you believe.

Smiley

You know, it's not even funny anymore. I mean, at first it was amusing to see all the mess there was inside your head, but now you're just messing with people. You're either slow or just flipping people off for the fun of it.

It's easy to understand why reality seems to hurt you. But isn't it time you grow up? I mean, man. What were we talking about? Wasn't it the proof that God exists? I have shown you the proof, and you can't even think your way through it to analyze it. Perhaps you should head back to school and get an education.

Smiley

Prove God exists using methods and experiments that can be repeated by anyone with the same result. Saying God exists because things around us exist and that's proof of His existence are just empty words.

Almost everyone in the world uses the methods that I have been talking about, everyday. People don't need to experiment with them. They are way beyond experimenting. For example.

When you first got a computer and the Internet, you experimented with it to teach yourself how to use it. But now, you get onto Bitcointalk without any trouble. You are way beyond experimenting with the computer and the Internet.

Likewise, people use cause and effect everyday.
People recognize the complexity of the universe... at least the world they live in everyday.
People recognize entropy all the time... in erosion if nothing else... or the fact that their car runs out of gas.

How in the world much more experimentation do you need? Get out there and use stuff in life, and you will be proving the existence of God to yourself.

Smiley
Activity: 308
Merit: 292
February 07, 2016, 11:57:55 AM

Smiley

Smiley

legendary
February 07, 2016, 11:37:15 AM

Smiley

Smiley
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
February 07, 2016, 08:49:02 AM

Smiley

Activity: 266
Invulner
February 07, 2016, 01:05:33 AM
So you believe in Caesar and co. existed but you don't believe the bible? They are basically from the same era.
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1468
February 06, 2016, 05:36:27 PM
Given the title of the thread and the content of the OP, people should look into Gödel's proof that God exists. Here's a link that has a high level description:

http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/ontological-arguments/#GodOntArg

Of course, it's possible to understand the proof and still reject the conclusion. (I'm an atheist.) The easiest way to reject the conclusion is to reject at least one axiom. For example, Axiom 3 states:

The property of being God-like is positive.

I find this axiom highly questionable.

One can also reject the general logical setup in which the proof is done.

Theological questions played an important historical role in the early development of what we'd now call "logic" and "proof."

The very first definition in these arguments disqualifies most Gods described in 'holy' books:

"Definition 1: x is God-like if and only if x has as essential properties those and only those properties which are positive "

For example: God of the Bible is a vengeful, masochistic, genocidal maniac.  Hardly any positive properties.

Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Islam and Nazism are belief systems, not races.
February 07, 2016, 01:00:33 AM
Given the title of the thread and the content of the OP, people should look into Gödel's proof that God exists. Here's a link that has a high level description:

Of course, it's possible to understand the proof and still reject the conclusion. (I'm an atheist.) The easiest way to reject the conclusion is to reject at least one axiom. For example, Axiom 3 states:

Theological questions played an important historical role in the early development of what we'd now call "logic" and "proof."

The very first definition in these arguments disqualifies most Gods described in 'holy' books:

"Definition 1: x is God-like if and only if x has as essential properties those and only those properties which are positive "

For example: God of the Bible is a vengeful, masochistic, genocidal maniac.  Hardly any positive properties.

I agree that the God of the Bible is described as having many properties I would consider negative. But the proof was not intended to demonstrate that the "God of the Bible" is "God." The proof was only intended to demonstrate that "God" exists. It's independent of particular religions of the moment.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1027
February 06, 2016, 11:36:39 PM
When you take your last breath here on earth, you'll believe in God for sure but If you can not define what exactly God is, then how can you say that God does not exist?
NO I WONT..Last post on this thread because if you say god exist then your a liar..

How about this for grammar THICK FUCKERS..Debate something worthwhile

CLOSE THIS THREAD BECAUSE ITS SO STUPID..

If you think God doesn't exist, you contradict your own life.

Post while you can, because your self-contradiction is destroying you.

Glad you are leaving, hopefully taking your stupidity with you.

Smiley
Shush all I can say to you no point because your CRACKERS Grin

If you find god give us a shout because I need to have a word
Also go and give your head a bang on the wall..Might knock some sense into your pea brain Cheesy

The difference between you and me is, my "CRACKERS" make sense, while yours don't. The evidence of this is, all you can come back with is "CRACKERS." I, at least, can and do give reasons.

Smiley
I Bet they do when you play with them..Also leave my CRACKERS out of this and go and play with your own CRACKERS..

Also you stated my CRACKERS don't make sense?..Have you been licking them while I been asleep
legendary
February 06, 2016, 10:28:38 PM
When you take your last breath here on earth, you'll believe in God for sure but If you can not define what exactly God is, then how can you say that God does not exist?
NO I WONT..Last post on this thread because if you say god exist then your a liar..

Smiley

Also go and give your head a bang on the wall..Might knock some sense into your pea brain Cheesy

The difference between you and me is, my "CRACKERS" make sense, while yours don't. The evidence of this is, all you can come back with is "CRACKERS." I, at least, can and do give reasons.

Smiley
legendary
February 06, 2016, 10:26:21 PM

You religiously believe this, then.     Grin

Smiley
legendary
February 06, 2016, 04:44:01 PM

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1027
February 06, 2016, 08:20:58 PM

Smiley

Activity: 350
February 06, 2016, 05:28:41 PM

Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Islam and Nazism are belief systems, not races.
February 06, 2016, 05:19:52 PM

legendary
February 06, 2016, 04:32:28 PM
When you take your last breath here on earth, you'll believe in God for sure ...

Your assertion is based on what?  Have you died and came back?  Has anyone died, say for a week and came back to tell us that God exist?  Post a link, I'd love to send my fellow atheists to investigate.

... If you can not define what exactly God is, then how can you say that God does not exist?

Why would I want to define something that has no evidence in reality.  I'm not in the business of writing Harry Potter's novels.

If you believe in God, you define it and provide evidence of its existence.  I can guarantee you'll win a Nobel Price and will be rich beyond your dreams if you provide a testable, scientific proof that supernatural beings exist.  Anything, ghosts, angels, devil, god, tooth fairies etc...

It just does not make sense to prove that something does not exist if that something does not exist.  It does not exist because there is no proof of it's existence.   What else is there to prove?

It is childish.  It is like asking someone to prove that Santa Claus does not exist.  It is a made up story like all religions.  Grow up people.

As we explore the world and discover how it actually works, the space for religion and superstition gets smaller and smaller...
legendary
February 06, 2016, 05:12:15 PM

legendary
February 06, 2016, 04:40:27 PM

Smiley
Activity: 582
Merit: 502
February 06, 2016, 04:38:57 PM

Yes, you can feel the air, and not only that, but you can prove it exists, you can even measure it.
Pages:
Jump to: