Pages:
Author

Topic: Proof that God exists - page 58. (Read 62273 times)

legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
February 14, 2016, 12:05:16 PM
I don't know for a fact that I've won the lottery until I see the money in my bank account.
I don't need faith. I just need a bank account statement.
That comparison is weak. Try something else.

Actually, a bank statement could be lying as well. But you have faith in the statement. You need to withdraw the money for proof.

Cool
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
February 14, 2016, 12:02:06 PM
I don't know for a fact that I've won the lottery until I see the money in my bank account.
I don't need faith. I just need a bank account statement.
That comparison is weak. Try something else.
legendary
February 14, 2016, 12:00:27 PM
You can't talk about something about which you don't have proof it exists. That's a fact.

I guess most people can do this. Why did you say it? We know we can do this.

There are a lot of science fiction writers that talk about things that they don't know exist.

Cool
legendary
February 14, 2016, 11:59:29 AM
Proof denies faith. And we need faith in order to be nice obedient sheep.
Religion is business. Big business. Of course they want it to last and try to brainwash as many people as possible.

Proof doesn't deny faith. Proof enhances faith. For example.

Let's say you just know you won the lottery. You feel it. You have faith that you won. Your faith is strong.

Then you get a phone call from a stranger you never talked to before, and he says you won the lottery. He says he is part of the lottery personnel, and he is calling you to let you know you won.

Do you really know that you won? Maybe that guy is lying. If he is lying, you didn't win. But your faith is stronger now that you talked to somebody.

Perhaps there are people who can believe that God exists, without having any kind of confirmation. But the confirmation found in the scientific proof, doesn't immediately do away with faith. Why not? Because there are still a lot of things about God that we do not know and must have faith about, even if we know that He exists. So, knowing that He exists, actually strengthens our faith in other areas.

Cool
February 14, 2016, 11:58:08 AM
You can't talk about something about which you don't have proof it exists. That's a fact.
legendary
February 14, 2016, 11:51:44 AM
I'm just trying to say there is no place for such beliefs in modern times.
We must return to nature. Only science through constant experiments and
questioning the validity of theories can bring humans to new levels of consciousness and progress.
We must abandon all unnecessary wrong beliefs.

Truth is most important. Why? If you return to nature, and somebody tells you how to do gardening, you want him to tell you the truth about it, don't you?

So what is wrong with knowing the truth that God exists?

People like technology. We wish that we had the ability to teleport. We would like superhuman strength. That's why people go to superhero movies. God has the abilities. I mean, anybody who can create a universe like ours, certainly has abilities beyond superheros.

I say, let's find the truth of God, and find out where He has given us messages about Himself. The start lies in honestly examining the proofs for His existence, and then accepting them.

I mean, maybe He wants to give us all the things that we are trying so hard to get on our own, and all He needs is simple acceptance that He exists.

Smiley
February 14, 2016, 11:44:37 AM
Proof denies faith. And we need faith in order to be nice obedient sheep.
Religion is business. Big business. Of course they want it to last and try to brainwash as many people as possible.
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
February 14, 2016, 06:51:50 AM
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
February 14, 2016, 06:41:51 AM
I'm just trying to say there is no place for such beliefs in modern times.
We must return to nature. Only science through constant experiments and
questioning the validity of theories can bring humans to new levels of consciousness and progress.
We must abandon all unnecessary wrong beliefs.
legendary
February 13, 2016, 10:47:02 PM
That God is shown to exist through these laws does not lie in the simple fact that these laws exist. It lies in the fact that that they cannot exist together in a universe such as ours without God existing.

Smiley

Why?

I don't know why God made them this way. Perhaps it was simply to leave a record of Himself so that scientists that He knew would exist (because He set their future existence in place through the cause and effect He made) would see that He exists.

You better get yourself saved so that you can ask God this question in Heaven. Otherwise you might never know the answer.

Smiley
Activity: 798
Merit: 722
February 13, 2016, 06:51:20 PM
And also, and I divert a bit, why aren't in our modern days real prophets or miracle workers like in the days of old when the apostoles lived?
So we can see the power of God by ourselves.

I'm sure we have them.  They spend their days taking medications in mental hospitals.

So true...

God talks to Moses... alone... on a mountain = religion

Anyone else claims God spoke to them = insane

Why the double standard?  Why not lump Moses in with all the other lunatics who claim they talk to God?
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
February 13, 2016, 05:40:35 PM
And also, and I divert a bit, why aren't in our modern days real prophets or miracle workers like in the days of old when the apostoles lived?

I'm sure we have them.  They spend their days taking medications in mental hospitals.

Hahaha. Thanks man. I haven't laughed so good in a long time.
And now - let the hunt begin! (BADecker - that's your cue!)
February 13, 2016, 05:35:26 PM
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1468
February 13, 2016, 05:32:04 PM
That God is shown to exist through these laws does not lie in the simple fact that these laws exist. It lies in the fact that that they cannot exist together in a universe such as ours without God existing.

Smiley

Why?
February 13, 2016, 05:25:18 PM
The laws cannot exist without God existing?
And the sky cannot be blue without people looking up at it.
legendary
February 13, 2016, 05:23:08 PM
Show me proof that looks as something like: E=mc2. Not "God exists because the universe exists".

"God exists because the universe exists" is a good one. I'm not into math enough to do it with mathematical equations.

If you combine the laws of cause and effect, complex universe, and universal entropy, you will find God. It isn't all that difficult to do. But few people find anything when they are not willing to accept it when they find it.

Cool

Yeah, yeah, yeah - you've said those three things before. Still, they don't mean a thing in regards with the existence of God.

That's because you are only looking at the words. You are not combining the laws. Combine the laws with a little bit of an idea to see if God exists, and you will see that those laws almost shout "God."

Cool

The fact that certain things and actions exist in the universe means that God exists? That makes no sense.
The fact that a tree grows is proof of God's existence? Or just plant biology happening?

Smiley
February 13, 2016, 05:18:38 PM
Show me proof that looks as something like: E=mc2. Not "God exists because the universe exists".

"God exists because the universe exists" is a good one. I'm not into math enough to do it with mathematical equations.

If you combine the laws of cause and effect, complex universe, and universal entropy, you will find God. It isn't all that difficult to do. But few people find anything when they are not willing to accept it when they find it.

Cool

Yeah, yeah, yeah - you've said those three things before. Still, they don't mean a thing in regards with the existence of God.

That's because you are only looking at the words. You are not combining the laws. Combine the laws with a little bit of an idea to see if God exists, and you will see that those laws almost shout "God."

Cool

The fact that certain things and actions exist in the universe means that God exists? That makes no sense.
The fact that a tree grows is proof of God's existence? Or just plant biology happening?
legendary
February 13, 2016, 05:14:47 PM

Cool

Cool
February 13, 2016, 05:12:00 PM

Cool

legendary
February 13, 2016, 04:58:21 PM

Cool
Pages:
Jump to: