Pages:
Author

Topic: Psychopaths trying to control Bitcoin! - page 2. (Read 2618 times)

legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000
--------------->¿?
November 05, 2015, 01:32:03 PM
So it would be better if they have forked without noticed? Are you being serious?

Seriously - we are sick of the threat of forks - please "fork" and just see how you lose already!

(like typical bullies you think that these threats are going to intimidate us - but now you are learning that your threats are hollow)

Why you consider a fork as a threat is beyond me. Forking is the whole point of open source systems and if a fork happens, Core devs will be the sole responsible as they tried to hijack it.
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1078
Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer
November 05, 2015, 01:30:19 PM
Little do you know Satoshi Nakamoto is a psychopath Wink

Well for a psychopath he seems to strangely not crave power or recognition (unless he plans to come back and control the world with his 1M+ BTC in a few years - and if he does just that then you will be correct).
Activity: 551
Merit: 500
November 05, 2015, 01:28:32 PM
https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/coinbase-ceo-brian-armstrong-bip-is-the-best-proposal-we-ve-seen-so-far-1446584055

Typically CEOs are psychopaths and now they are circling around Bitcoin and trying to fuck it up.

I think we should remember that Gavin and Mike have aligned themselves with such psychos and in fact are wanting to control Bitcoin themselves (so perhaps themselves are wannabe psychos).

IMO Bitcoin does not need psychos (feel free to rant).

Little do you know Satoshi Nakamoto is a psychopath Wink
legendary
November 05, 2015, 01:15:00 PM
BIP 101 is good only if 75% network adopts, as far as I now, that's a majority...

And where is it at now percentage-wise?

If it was just about that then we wouldn't need CEO's to be making threats would we (am guessing you didn't read the article that was linked in the OP)?
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031
November 05, 2015, 01:13:44 PM
So it would be better if they have forked without noticed? Are you being serious?

Seriously - we are sick of the threat of forks - please "fork" and just see how you lose already!

(like typical bullies you think that these threats are going to intimidate us - but now you are learning that your threats are hollow)

WTF are you talking about?

BIP 101 is good only if 75% network adopts, as far as I now, that's a majority...
legendary
November 05, 2015, 01:09:19 PM

legendary
--------------->¿?
November 05, 2015, 01:08:41 PM
Are you still considering free choice to fork as bullying?

When you have less than 10% of support and rely upon CEO's to make ultimatums then *yes* I would call the bullying.

legendary
--------------->¿?
November 05, 2015, 01:07:28 PM
Satoshi also said the blockchain size won't matter as it would be run on decentralized servers.

Your point being?

My point being that all the FUD around centralization because of bigger blocks is way over the top.
legendary
November 05, 2015, 01:07:12 PM

When you have less than 10% of support and rely upon CEO's to make ultimatums then *yes* I would call the bullying.
legendary
--------------->¿?
November 05, 2015, 01:06:27 PM
Because of some of the whales or groups of whales with clashing interests can use their forked/original coins to send exchange rates to the rock bottom on the forked chain while keeping the other chain on a higher value.

A load of rubbish - let's see them actually "try it" rather than just threatening it.

All I see is a bunch of psychopaths wanting to bully others - but they are going to lose (and we are going to laugh at them).

(they are so gutless that they don't even dare post themselves but hire shills to post for them)

legendary
November 05, 2015, 01:06:08 PM
Satoshi also said the blockchain size won't matter as it would be run on decentralized servers.

Your point being?
legendary
--------------->¿?
November 05, 2015, 01:05:13 PM
Perhaps someone should ask MP, TAT and few other whales to cast a vote on this argument... Smiley.

Unless they have their own mining farms then why on earth would that even matter?

Some people just don't seem to *get* Bitcoin at all - they think that the rich can rule it like everything else before - sorry but you can't!

Satoshi promised that we'd get to watch them flounder and get rolled over by the bus as they (the psychopaths) try and control Bitcoin.

legendary
November 05, 2015, 12:59:05 PM
Because of some of the whales or groups of whales with clashing interests can use their forked/original coins to send exchange rates to the rock bottom on the forked chain while keeping the other chain on a higher value.

A load of rubbish - let's see them actually "try it" rather than just threatening it.

All I see is a bunch of psychopaths wanting to bully others - but they are going to lose (and we are going to laugh at them).

(they are so gutless that they don't even dare post themselves but hire shills to post for them)
legendary
Activity: 1512
November 05, 2015, 12:57:34 PM
Unless they have their own mining farms then why on earth would that even matter?

Some people just don't seem to *get* Bitcoin at all - they think that the rich can rule it like everything else before - sorry but you can't!

legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038
November 05, 2015, 12:56:06 PM
Perhaps someone should ask MP, TAT and few other whales to cast a vote on this argument... Smiley.

Satoshi promised that we'd get to watch them flounder and get rolled over by the bus as they (the psychopaths) try and control Bitcoin.
legendary
November 05, 2015, 12:49:34 PM

legendary
Activity: 1512
November 05, 2015, 12:48:41 PM
I'd disagree. Bitcoin has value due to bitcoin holders. If miners mine something bitcoin holders don't like, they will dump the coin and put them out of business. If you want to get an idea of what economic majority wants, you can use something like this: http://bitcoinocracy.com/arguments/bip101-is-better-than-bip100

legendary
November 05, 2015, 12:44:02 PM
I'd disagree. Bitcoin has value due to bitcoin holders. If miners mine something bitcoin holders don't like, they will dump the coin and put them out of business.

You seem to be rather seriously deluded.

If you have a bunch of BTC then you'd rather have smaller blocks to help keep the value of your BTC high (like gold).

Allowing a huge number of txs will do nothing to enhance the value at all.
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1004
November 05, 2015, 12:43:07 PM
Isn't there already a CEO in charge of bitcoin, the Blockstream CEO?

How dare another CEO wanting to control bitcoin?!

OP does not (want to) listen.
legendary
Activity: 1199
Merit: 1012
November 05, 2015, 12:42:11 PM
Any source of these metrics? Anyway, it's not a majority of people that counts, its the economic majority.

There are links to show that hardly any miners are signalling BIP101 support - and you are very wrong about the "economic majority" - just shows that you don't even understand how Bitcoin actually works (typical of a shill).

This is the typical mindset of the wealthy - I have the money so I make the rules - Bitcoin is going to make these people "wake up".

I'd disagree. Bitcoin has value due to bitcoin holders. If miners mine something bitcoin holders don't like, they will dump the coin and put them out of business. If you want to get an idea of what economic majority wants, you can use something like this: http://bitcoinocracy.com/arguments/bip101-is-better-than-bip100
Pages:
Jump to: