Pages:
Author

Topic: PURPOSE OF TOKEN? - page 14. (Read 3303 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 10
May 29, 2018, 10:39:32 AM
As far as i can understand projects uses their token to keep their transaction going. This token serves as their ticket to enter the business. In other way this token keep their investor and client avail their service or product
Activity: 434
May 29, 2018, 09:32:51 AM
I get this.
I have the same question when I am just starting in crypto.
It is like shares of the company. Instead of just saying you have this part and putting it in a piece of paper then they will give you token instead.
There is no shareholders like the big companies, only those who will invest a lot will have the oppotunity to be like shareholders. This is better for me than thise kind.
The purposes of tokens are considered a credit to investors, they raise capital on the market and place their bets on tokens to investors. So investors are confident to invest money in them and hold tokens to see it as a promise to generate income for investors in the future. Many believe in tokens and they have become richer.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
May 29, 2018, 01:29:46 AM
Hi guys, this just bother me long time ago, and just popped up recently..

What is the purpose of token?

I can not figure it out because I have one token before and I did not know how to use it and I can not even transfer it to bitcoin. I am just wondering why people keep inventing and creating so much token at all.
I hope I can get POSITIVE response and not some hates and negative one.

Thank you.
The tokens are given to people who invested in the ICOs that the company launched, its like an evidence which shows that they have indeed invested in the the company and they can sell the tokens whenever they like. It’s like the stocks they have in a company.

That or for promotions. Usually these are given for free in airdrops and bounties or given at huge discounts prior to their launch sale. It's a way to make people invest in projects by giving away cheap or free stocks.
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
May 28, 2018, 10:11:28 PM

I can not figure it out because I have one token before and I did not know how to use it and I can not even transfer it to bitcoin. I am just wondering why people keep inventing and creating so much token at all.

Thank you.

Tokens are just just terminology for crytpocurrency that are being launched by different ico's which are altcoins and the purpose of tokens is to circulate in the market in order for the price to grow even more and everyone who invest will become very wealthy in the future.
Activity: 140
Merit: 0
May 28, 2018, 09:56:03 PM
I think every ico has its own token to give for those who join their campaign it is their mark that you belong to their campaign and that token will be exchange to market in a given time depending on the ico finished project, and then it will only be then to become money.
Activity: 266
May 28, 2018, 09:44:26 PM

Thank you.

Token is a form of merchandise that always available and ready to sell. this is also a partner of some exchanger for the purpose of generating income from token.
that's why  they create token. for Exchanger Income purposes. 
Activity: 868
Merit: 266
May 28, 2018, 06:29:49 PM

Thank you.
The tokens are given to people who invested in the ICOs that the company launched, its like an evidence which shows that they have indeed invested in the the company and they can sell the tokens whenever they like. It’s like the stocks they have in a company.
Activity: 350
May 28, 2018, 06:24:44 PM

Thank you.

A little overview of what I understand about tokens. It is the medium used to trade because in cryptocurrency it is difficult for other people to trade using Fiat money. So a token is created to have a unique identity for every crypto and investors could easily follow the guidelines of each crypto.
Activity: 882
Merit: 104
May 28, 2018, 06:22:56 PM

Thank you.
TOKEN is from altcoin or alternative coin the tokens is using of ICO for there rewards in bounty and for investor. You can exchange it to btc if the token is listed to exchanges.
Activity: 854
Merit: 108
May 28, 2018, 06:13:44 PM
The main purpose of token for Users is to use the token in the system that the ICO issuers provide, The ico organizers don't really need to give the tokens to users to make it's system useable, but they do that because that's their way to earn money, they sell the tokens for users and then the money they get is being used for development and social marketing( no to mention that a large amount of that money just goes as profit for organizers, and that's the way that most of them just exit the project without finishing because they already got their money in their hands).

That is why Bitcoin is superior and unique against Altcoins because it doesn't need to be a utility token just to promote and advertise well their commodities in order to attract investors to pour their capitals to their coins but the good thing of these tokens they can be traded to Bitcoin to gain but still it will be in favor of Bitcoin because they are selling altcoins and buying Bitcoin.
Activity: 434
May 28, 2018, 05:45:02 PM
Token, can say, is a digital document that gives the right to something and can not be faked. Absolutely any business can be tokenized.
Activity: 420
Merit: 100
May 28, 2018, 05:43:05 PM
The purpose of token is you can use it for any transaction payments, so definitely you can use it for what it really used and there is a lot of token which you can use to something that it has been used for so the token was created just for its needed.
Activity: 2744
Merit: 761
Burpaaa
May 28, 2018, 05:36:17 PM
I get this.
It is like shares of the company. Instead of just saying you have this part and putting it in a piece of paper then they will give you token instead.
There is no shareholders like the big companies, only those who will invest a lot will have the oppotunity to be like shareholders. This is better for me than thise kind.
It is just like an investment on that company, or a way to have an access into their project. Some company creates token for their project and some make token to let their company or their project known. Anyways, this should be useful.
Activity: 56
May 28, 2018, 05:24:13 PM
The ico organizers don't really need to give the tokens to users to make it's system useable, but they do that because that's their way to earn money, they sell the tokens for users and then the money they get is being used for development and social marketing( no to mention that a large amount of that money just goes as profit for organizers, and that's the way that most of them just exit the project without finishing because they already got their money in their hands).
Activity: 1400
Merit: 259
May 28, 2018, 05:20:10 PM
I get this.
Activity: 112
Merit: 1
May 28, 2018, 05:07:50 PM
this token in the future is expected to be of high value, depending on the success of the application developed by the ICO providers in solving the problem.

The token objective offers functionality over digital money. They can provide value to investors, beyond speculative returns. It can happen in many ways, though usually through repurchase (because dividend payments require regulatory issues). They can be used to hold votes by the community on key business decisions, or even technical changes to the platform.

A token is actually nothing more than a new term to make reference to a unit of value issued by a private entity.   Although tokens bear many similarities with bitcoins they have a value attached to them which is accepted by a community and are blockchain-based, they serve a much broader purpose. Tokens are more than a currency because they can be used in a broader range of applications.
Activity: 29
May 27, 2018, 04:41:51 PM
this token in the future is expected to be of high value, depending on the success of the application developed by the ICO providers in solving the problem.

The token objective offers functionality over digital money. They can provide value to investors, beyond speculative returns. It can happen in many ways, though usually through repurchase (because dividend payments require regulatory issues). They can be used to hold votes by the community on key business decisions, or even technical changes to the platform.
Activity: 560
Merit: 13
May 21, 2018, 02:15:05 AM

Thank you.
In my opinion, tokens are used by the developers of a project who wantns to raise funds using cryptocurrency. They made tokens in order for the investors to but their token. When an ICO has been successful, tokens will become altcoin because it will goes to an exchange. In addition, tokens can be dividend or utility of a project.
Activity: 378
Merit: 25
May 21, 2018, 12:59:20 AM

Thank you.

to simplify what tokens are, it is like a voucher that can be redeemed or used on a certain establishment who issued it, sort of a promotion to patronize their company, sometimes 3rd party company buys that voucher, that is where you earn a profit out of price surges. tokens are used to advertise a project, the more who buy tokens means more prospected clients.
Activity: 402
Merit: 250
May 21, 2018, 12:52:23 AM

Thank you.
Tokens are bounties products or rewards for the participants as well as the investors for supporting their project in which theses tokens have their own purpose and even own equivalent value in terms of Bitcoin because tokens are also known as the altcoins which you can obtain from joining and participating into bounties and they will give this as a reward for your job well done which can be traded for a Bitcoin value. Its prices depends upon the success and the budget allocation for it so tokens do have different price values.
well i agree with you. although these people keep on saying the same things over and over again. token is what we also called crypto or should we say alternate coin/alt coin, and it serves as the currency. other definitions are already being given by some people here, aside from that those are also the rewards as they have once you participated in their ICO or their sale or whatever they call it, those participants are maybe for bounties while some are investors.
Pages:
Jump to: