Pages:
Author

Topic: Pushpool - Tech Support - page 7. (Read 135173 times)

Activity: 556
Merit: 500
August 26, 2011, 03:17:09 AM
I ran export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/local/lib
and that fixed it. But I'll run that too.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
August 26, 2011, 03:03:33 AM
On my ubuntu server I got pushpoold compiled and installed but when I try to run it, it says can't locate libevent.so.5 file not found. I installed libevent according to the guide, I also found there is a shortcut for it in /usr/local/lib I'm not too sure what to do. I went into /etc/ld.so.conf and added a line "include /usr/local/lib/*.*" no go. Maybe i'm just being a linux noob  Roll Eyes

just run: sudo apt-get install libevent-dev
Activity: 556
Merit: 500
August 26, 2011, 01:52:41 AM
On my ubuntu server I got pushpoold compiled and installed but when I try to run it, it says can't locate libevent.so.5 file not found. I installed libevent according to the guide, I also found there is a shortcut for it in /usr/local/lib I'm not too sure what to do. I went into /etc/ld.so.conf and added a line "include /usr/local/lib/*.*" no go. Maybe i'm just being a linux noob  Roll Eyes
Activity: 67
Merit: 10
August 14, 2011, 09:25:13 PM

Thanks mate! I will give it a try and let you know. Cheers for the info.

Wes.
Activity: 175
Merit: 102
August 13, 2011, 11:43:08 AM

Hey guys,

Was wondering if you came across this before, my miner tries to connect but doesn't get any work. I can see when miner connects but get the following:

Connecting my miner.

JSON protocol request:
{"method": "getwork", "params": [], "id":1}

* About to connect() to 127.0.0.1 port 8333 (#0)
*   Trying 127.0.0.1... * TCP_NODELAY set
* connected
* Connected to 127.0.0.1 (127.0.0.1) port 8333 (#0)
* Server auth using Basic with user 'username'
> POST / HTTP/1.1
Authorization: Basic enRqdWg6dGVzdDEyMw==
Host: 127.0.0.1:8333
Accept: */*
Accept-Encoding: deflate, gzip
Content-type: application/json
Content-Length: 45

* Empty reply from server
* Connection #0 to host 127.0.0.1 left intact
[2011-07-14 01:27:16.074094] HTTP request failed: Empty reply from server
JSON protocol request:
{"method": "getwork", "params": [], "id":2}

* Connection #0 seems to be dead!
* Closing connection #0
* connected
> POST / HTTP/1.1

Any ideas what you think could be wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Wes.

I think it would be one of two things:

1. You're using the wrong bitcoin RPC credentials (I don't think so - you'd be seeing a 401 Authorization Required response) -
2. Pushpool is connecting on the wrong port. That's likely the problem. Make sure the rpc port specific in server.json is the same as the rpcport specified in bitcoin.conf.

Also make sure pushpool isn't listening on any ports that are the same as the bitcoin rpc port.
August 13, 2011, 11:38:34 AM
I've found about every 24 hours or so pushpoold will "lock up" and stop responding to everything. a killall -HUP doesn't help, I have to kill it and restart it and then everything works fine again. It's getting really bad. Does anyone have any tips?

Check "netstat -au"  and see how many TIME_WAIT handles you have open.  If that number exceeds your ufile limit, that would be why.

However, in my case, I implemented a patch to fix that problem and I'm still seeing it.

I think the RPC multithreading has some issues - I've observed that every once in awhile, it matches the wrong response to an outgoing request.
Activity: 67
August 13, 2011, 01:46:58 AM

Hey guys,

Was wondering if you came across this before, my miner tries to connect but doesn't get any work. I can see when miner connects but get the following:

Connecting my miner.

JSON protocol request:
{"method": "getwork", "params": [], "id":1}

* connected
> POST / HTTP/1.1

* Empty reply from server
* Connection #0 to host 127.0.0.1 left intact
[2011-07-14 01:27:16.074094] HTTP request failed: Empty reply from server
JSON protocol request:
{"method": "getwork", "params": [], "id":2}

* Connection #0 seems to be dead!
* Closing connection #0
* connected
> POST / HTTP/1.1

Any ideas what you think could be wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Wes.
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
August 12, 2011, 09:02:49 PM
I've found about every 24 hours or so pushpoold will "lock up" and stop responding to everything. a killall -HUP doesn't help, I have to kill it and restart it and then everything works fine again. It's getting really bad. Does anyone have any tips?
Activity: 78
August 10, 2011, 03:24:07 PM
my "rpc.target.rewrite" is set to true .
I will post at that thread you gave me thanks .
What do you think is better Mining farm or simplecoin ?
Thanks !

Keeping in mind I don't intend to run either one, if I were to choose one I'd choose simplecoin.  It's a bit more developed, cleaner.  I've looked at the code for both and the sites they produce.

For whatever my opinion on the subject is worth.

Thanks a lot dude !!!!!
August 10, 2011, 01:41:24 PM
Thanks !

Keeping in mind I don't intend to run either one, if I were to choose one I'd choose simplecoin.  It's a bit more developed, cleaner.  I've looked at the code for both and the sites they produce.

For whatever my opinion on the subject is worth.
August 10, 2011, 08:21:23 AM
Hello,
Thanks a lot guys !
How can i see using pushpoold how many workers are connected and the total m/hashes ?

How many workers are connected = up to you to define - the typical approach is you look at all the workers that have reported a share in a given time window, usually 10 minutes.  The number of distinct workers in that list is the count of 'connected' workers.

Workers don't actually "connect" - you can't think of it as a connection staying open.  Data is passed back and forth between pushpool and the miners in a send/receive/end manner, so the concept of 'connected' is not really what you are measuring.  You're just measuring recent active workers.

I have another problem with mining farm , i have a connected worker of 300 M/hashes and the front end doesn't recognize it , what should i do? Is it possible that pushpoold is not reporting about it ?

Can someone help please ?
Thanks !

It's possible pushpoold isn't reporting the shares - what is your  "rpc.target.rewrite" value set to in your Pushpool json config file?  Beyond that, it's a question for Xenland over at Mining Farm tech support - http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=18886.0

Thanks !
August 10, 2011, 07:38:02 AM
Hello,
Thanks a lot guys !
How can i see using pushpoold how many workers are connected and the total m/hashes ?

How many workers are connected = up to you to define - the typical approach is you look at all the workers that have reported a share in a given time window, usually 10 minutes.  The number of distinct workers in that list is the count of 'connected' workers.

Workers don't actually "connect" - you can't think of it as a connection staying open.  Data is passed back and forth between pushpool and the miners in a send/receive/end manner, so the concept of 'connected' is not really what you are measuring.  You're just measuring recent active workers.

I have another problem with mining farm , i have a connected worker of 300 M/hashes and the front end doesn't recognize it , what should i do? Is it possible that pushpoold is not reporting about it ?

Thanks !

It's possible pushpoold isn't reporting the shares - what is your  "rpc.target.rewrite" value set to in your Pushpool json config file?  Beyond that, it's a question for Xenland over at Mining Farm tech support - http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=18886.0
August 10, 2011, 06:00:20 AM
Hello,
Thanks a lot guys !

And i am thinking moving to simple coin, as i feel the mining farm has a problem in cronjobs
what do you think ?

Thanks !
August 07, 2011, 10:13:38 PM
I reinstalled my OS , so now it is fresh ubuntu 11 without directadmin ( i figured out that i had debian 6 )

and now i could reach this Smiley
Code:
root@server:/home/pool# ./pushpoold -E -F
[2011-08-06 15:06:54.903903] Listening on host :: port 8
[2011-08-06 15:06:54.904103] Listening on host :: port 8
[2011-08-06 15:06:54.904196] Listening on host :: port 8
[2011-08-06 15:06:54.904268] Listening on host 127.0.0.1
 port 8338
[2011-08-06 15:06:54.907270] initialized
and only this , but i can't get out to the shell command line , is this ok ? and how can i test my pool ? i think i have a worker test@test

It's ok for testing but you're not going to want to do that for production.  For instance I've just finished installing bitcoind and pushpoold as services, and setting up Monit to monitor and restart memcached, bitcoind and pushpoold should they go down.

They'll also start when the machine reboots.  Set and forget.

Nice thing about Monit is it has a web interface you can use for monitoring and service control. Very slick.

Edit:
I figured that i must connect using port 8344 , but i these errors
HTTP request failed: couldn't conncet to host.
And i get from the miner upstream RPC error.
The port i specified at the bitcoib.conf is 8332 .
Is this the problem ?

Edit2 : i rebooted my server. ran bitcoind
and now
i get initialized ,
but after some time i get
 HTTP request failed: Empty
reply from server.
and the miner cann't connect ,i changed nothing but rebooted :S
What is this ? i will try to play a little
Thanks
Thanks !

These indicate there's a port mismatch between pushpoold and bitcoind.  Make sure that the RPCport in bitcoind, is the one that pushpoold is connecting to.  This took a bit of figuring out for me when I first set these up, the variable names in the config files are not especially enlightening.

I actually have bitcoind open a different port that pushpoold connects to.  Then I have pushpoold expose 8332 to the web for miners.  No particular reason to do so except to maintain the convention of using 8332 for mining.
Thanks !
I fixed the problem , by making the same rpc port for the 3 files . ( the rpc url , the port in the bitcoin.conf and in blkmond.conf )

I did rpcallowip=*.*.*.*
Can i remove this without any problem letting anyone connecting to the pool ?
Thanks !

It's advisable to have rpcallowip only be the machines you actually want to allow to connect to bitcoind itself.  Thus, you can actually just comment out the whole line.  Bitcoin will always allow connections from the localhost, which is usually where pushpool is running.

If you have pushpool running on a different server, you should include that server's IP in rpcallowip.  You can add as many of those lines as you want, by the way.
August 07, 2011, 12:09:30 PM
I reinstalled my OS , so now it is fresh ubuntu 11 without directadmin ( i figured out that i had debian 6 )

Code:
 port 8338
and only this , but i can't get out to the shell command line , is this ok ? and how can i test my pool ? i think i have a worker test@test

It's ok for testing but you're not going to want to do that for production.  For instance I've just finished installing bitcoind and pushpoold as services, and setting up Monit to monitor and restart memcached, bitcoind and pushpoold should they go down.

Nice thing about Monit is it has a web interface you can use for monitoring and service control. Very slick.

Edit:
Is this the problem ?

and now
i get initialized ,
reply from server.
Thanks
Thanks !

These indicate there's a port mismatch between pushpoold and bitcoind.  Make sure that the RPCport in bitcoind, is the one that pushpoold is connecting to.  This took a bit of figuring out for me when I first set these up, the variable names in the config files are not especially enlightening.

I actually have bitcoind open a different port that pushpoold connects to.  Then I have pushpoold expose 8332 to the web for miners.  No particular reason to do so except to maintain the convention of using 8332 for mining.
Thanks !
I fixed the problem , by making the same rpc port for the 3 files . ( the rpc url , the port in the bitcoin.conf and in blkmond.conf )

I did rpcallowip=*.*.*.*
Can i remove this without any problem letting anyone connecting to the pool ?
Thanks !
August 06, 2011, 04:56:23 PM

Code:
 port 8338

Edit:
Is this the problem ?

and now
i get initialized ,
reply from server.
Thanks
Thanks !

August 06, 2011, 11:12:51 AM

Code:
 port 8338

Edit:
Is this the problem ?

and now
i get initialized ,
reply from server.
Thanks
Thanks !
Activity: 114
Bitcoin = Money for the people, by the people.
August 06, 2011, 06:57:37 AM
Thanks Furyan and Flowz !!!
Furyan your explanation helped me thousand times ! thanks . Even though the command didn't help, but i think it ruined the file , or i dunno .
I did this , made a text file in directadmin file manager and named it server.json and moved it to the pool directory, and it reads it ! Wow .
Nice .

I am only afraid of that the file permissions are for admin as seen in the directadmin file manager and not for root ...

Edit : I get this error in my directadmin

Error connecting to MySQL: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)

I think my Mysql server is down , once i started pushpoold this what happened . And now it can't connect to the SQL server.
strange ... what should i do ? I try to stop mysqld but it fails ...

Glad to help...

So, it's probably a bad idea to run pushpool as root.  Run pushpool as the same user as the owner of the server.json file.

I'm not sure about that mysql error.  It's supposed to run as the system account so I don't think it's a permissions problem.  It's probably dead but the PID file is still around.

What happens if you do

Code:
service mysqld stop
wait about 30 seconds
Code:
service mysqld start

Do NOT use "service mysqld restart".  Seems to be an odd problem with removal of the locking file.  I've had the same happen on my own server, restart doesn't work, you have to use stop and then start (even though restart does exactly the same thing, it's the timing of how close together the calls are).

Look what it gives :S
Code:
root@server:/tmp# service mysqld stop
Stopping mysqld:                [ FAILED ]
root@server:/tmp# service mysqld start
Starting mysqld:                [ OK ]
root@server:/tmp# ps xa | grep mysqld
23794 ?        S      0:00 sh -c /etc/init.d/mysqld rest
art                           >>/dev/null 2>>/dev/null

23795 ?        S      0:00 /bin/sh /etc/init.d/mysqld re
start
23865 ttyp0    S+     0:00 grep mysqld
root@server:/tmp# cd /var/run/mysql/
-bash: cd: [b]/var/run/mysql/: No such file or directory[/b]
I think something deleted this whole directory ? or is it located somewhere else ?
And when i start mysqld using directadmin it automatically shuts down :S I will google this to ease the pain hh
I don't know what happend but if those directories don't exist then you will probably want to reinstall MySQL..
Code:
# yum search mysql
Give us the output of that file and I'll take a look into it! Btw we need the mysql-dev or mysql-devel install so it should be in there..
August 06, 2011, 06:05:59 AM
'gethashespersec' and getinfo's 'hashespersec' are only for the internal, largely unused CPU miner inside bitcoind.

You must use submitted shares to calculate that.

Ah makes perfect sense, thanks.
August 06, 2011, 05:15:43 AM
yea,

cd /var/run/mysql/
-bash: cd: /var/run/mysql/: No such file or directory

that's what I get.  It's correct, too.

you mean to:

cd: /var/run/

then

ls mys*

if it's running you should see:

mysqld.pid

or you could avoid the whole cd thing and just type:

ls /var/run/my*

This is what i see,
Code:
root@server:/delete# cd /var/run/
root@server:/var/run# ls mys*
root@server:/var/run# ls mys
ls: cannot access mys: No such file or directory
root@server:/var/run# ls mys*
root@server:/var/run# ls /var/run/my*
root@server:/var/run#

I checked in Directadmin and it says that MySQL 5.5.9 is not running , i am trying the running commands , but nothing is available, something deleted it , i am trying to reinstall ...
What do you think ?
Thanks
Pages:
Jump to: