Pages:
Author

Topic: Putting a Person on a Block Chain - page 3. (Read 3873 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 253
July 05, 2014, 11:09:11 AM
finshaggy.. please put the weed away when you are watching transcendence.. whats next you want to pretend you thought it up first..

do something productive with bitcoin, your fantasies are not making bitcoin stronger..

LOL

First, I have never seen transcendence.
Second, I clearly stated where I got the idea. So clearly that someone else was able to go out and find the thread I was talking about even though they had never seen it before, so... Yeah.

Maybe get your head out of your ass. And stop smelling your own farts. For Bitcoin.
July 05, 2014, 11:06:56 AM
Technical and philosophical uncertainties aside, I don't thing a blockchain is a suitable medium for humanlike consciousness. A blockchain exists to lock down a state irrevocably, and state changes are encoded in new blocks referring to the old ones. If you think the Bitcoin blockchain is bloated. just try storing every neural operation in one... Besides, neural rewiring, malleability of memory etc. seem like pretty important parts of being a live person to me.

We'll just have to do with our memories of those lost for now.

Watch this. This guy is the CLOSEST IN THE WORLD to achieving Artificial Intelligence. And to me it seems like he is missing a block chain to make the computer more than a computer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MG_nOddk01E
July 05, 2014, 11:04:32 AM
My brother died a little over a year ago now, and his death made me wish that there was a way to have kept him alive digitally. I found a thread about putting a human consciousness on the block chain, but I can not find that thread anymore. So I thought I would make a new one.

What do you guys think about the possibility of a human consciousness being placed on a block chain?

First someone would have to create a block chain that could answer questions, as a model (and I have heard of people using block chains for file storage, so I do not see why that would be hard, and the Watson computer used Wikipedia to win Jeopardy.) Then once there was a block chain that could be mined for answers, then eventually someone could maybe find a way to imprint their actual human being into the block chain.

ECG and Transcranial Direct Current Stimulation are probably good things to look in to for this.

First of all, sorry for the loss...

Forget blockchain. It is not yet possible to store a human mind in a local machine, except for some sci-fi movie.

What u can do is mine a block and emboss his name in the header.

I don't expect to be able to put HIM on the block chain, that is just when I thought of it. I was just suggesting it for someone else, and for a possible AI.
July 05, 2014, 11:03:30 AM
stop viewing "transendance" movie ...  Roll Eyes

I have actually never seen that movie, lol.
July 05, 2014, 11:02:38 AM
Block-chain technology is not suitable for storing massive amounts of data. It's sole purpose is deciding the order of transactions and publishing them.

I was not aware of the 2013 thread on the same subject.

Thank you for finding that. I don't know why I couldn't.
July 05, 2014, 11:01:55 AM
Not quite sure the blockchain would be the funnest place to have your mind trapped in
Maybe a MMORPG playing a game forever or three dimesnional reality but Jepoardy bot is the closet we have (Watson) in AI
But if a robot passes the Turing test then it can be seen as intelligent.

I am not saying that I have cracked the code or solved for x or anything, I am just saying that a Blockchain could probably hold a mind better than any hardware and software or ANY hierarchy of systems without a blockchain.
vip
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145
July 05, 2014, 10:06:00 AM
finshaggy.. please put the Scooby-Dope away when you are watching transcendence.. whats next you want to pretend you thought it up first..

do something productive with bitcoin, your Frankenseeds are not making bitcoin stronger..

FTFY
legendary
Activity: 4270
Merit: 4534
July 05, 2014, 08:08:08 AM
finshaggy.. please put the weed away when you are watching transcendence.. whats next you want to pretend you thought it up first..

do something productive with bitcoin, your fantasies are not making bitcoin stronger..
legendary
Activity: 1615
Merit: 1000
July 05, 2014, 07:22:10 AM
Technical and philosophical uncertainties aside, I don't thing a blockchain is a suitable medium for humanlike consciousness. A blockchain exists to lock down a state irrevocably, and state changes are encoded in new blocks referring to the old ones. If you think the Bitcoin blockchain is bloated. just try storing every neural operation in one... Besides, neural rewiring, malleability of memory etc. seem like pretty important parts of being a live person to me.

We'll just have to do with our memories of those lost for now.
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 1209
The revolution will be digital
July 05, 2014, 07:19:32 AM
My brother died a little over a year ago now, and his death made me wish that there was a way to have kept him alive digitally. I found a thread about putting a human consciousness on the block chain, but I can not find that thread anymore. So I thought I would make a new one.

What do you guys think about the possibility of a human consciousness being placed on a block chain?

First someone would have to create a block chain that could answer questions, as a model (and I have heard of people using block chains for file storage, so I do not see why that would be hard, and the Watson computer used Wikipedia to win Jeopardy.) Then once there was a block chain that could be mined for answers, then eventually someone could maybe find a way to imprint their actual human being into the block chain.

ECG and Transcranial Direct Current Stimulation are probably good things to look in to for this.

First of all, sorry for the loss...

Forget blockchain. It is not yet possible to store a human mind in a local machine, except for some sci-fi movie.

What u can do is mine a block and emboss his name in the header.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1012
July 05, 2014, 07:10:55 AM
stop viewing "transendance" movie ...  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001
Let the chips fall where they may.
July 05, 2014, 04:41:15 AM
Block-chain technology is not suitable for storing massive amounts of data. It's sole purpose is deciding the order of transactions and publishing them.

I was not aware of the 2013 thread on the same subject.

Activity: 700
Merit: 500
July 05, 2014, 04:04:29 AM
Not quite sure the blockchain would be the funnest place to have your mind trapped in
Maybe a MMORPG playing a game forever or three dimesnional reality but Jepoardy bot is the closet we have (Watson) in AI
But if a robot passes the Turing test then it can be seen as intelligent.
July 05, 2014, 03:04:48 AM

Pages:
Jump to: