Pages:
Author

Topic: Pywallet 2.2: manage your wallet [Update required] - page 37. (Read 207931 times)

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233
May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage
It's nearly sure in win7 it's a shortcut, I'll use %programfiles% because of XP then
Thanks for all these info
staff
Activity: 4214
Merit: 1203
I support freedom of choice
I'll check it tomorrow.
Anyway, "c:\programmi" is a folder on the italian "windows xp", I don't know if it's a link on the italian "windows 7" ( my windows 7 is in english language )
legendary
It was because of a temporary link to one of the install file, it's ok now
Could you launch update.bat, then install.bat?
I tried on a XP of mine, it runs as expected

Are you sure c:\programmi is not just a shortcut to c:\program files? This is the case on a french windows
staff
I tried to install it on a Windows XP x86 ( last time I was on a Windows 7 x64 ) and it is giving this error:
'twisted' package is not installed, pywallet web interface can't be launched

I also tried to install it manually ( the 'twisted' package ), but it is giving the same error.

And also, there is another set that can be useful:
%ProgramFiles%

Example:
On the english Windows, it is probably:
"c:\program files"
On the italian windows, it is:
"c:\programmi"
( I don't know on other languages )

On Windows 7 x64 there is also:
%ProgramFiles(x86)%
On the Windows XP  %ProgramFiles(x86)% doesn't exist Smiley

So this is another way to make it working on every architecture and every language.
legendary
New 64bit-friendly Windows installer:

Same steps:

Complete-update feature: run update.bat and all the files will be updated, ie you will have to download pwi only once whatever the future changes I'll make
legendary
It's easy if you know which you use
I for one absolutely don't know my architecture
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
moOo
the easiest thing is install.bat and install64.bat

I think even my moronic minions can understand that.
legendary
Good! Cheesy

There is just one missing thing.

If Windows is a x64 distribution, "update.bat" must have this line:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\GnuWin32\bin\wget.exe"
instead of this one:
"C:\Program Files\GnuWin32\bin\wget.exe"

Nice catch
Btw, I use it too in install.bat I believe, to download pywallet.py
I don't know how to check if the machine is 32 or 64bits but I'll look into that

Anybody tried to scan his harddrive? https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.466673
staff
Good! Cheesy

There is just one missing thing.

If Windows is a x64 distribution, "update.bat" must have this line:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\GnuWin32\bin\wget.exe"
instead of this one:
"C:\Program Files\GnuWin32\bin\wget.exe"
legendary
Pywallet Windows Installer

py2exe was too much pain to use, this is simpler for me, and honestly everybody can do that
The exe file is an autoextractible archive containing the installers of all the dependencies and a bat file launching them at the end of the extraction

As for the problem of running *coin while using pywallet, I don't think I can do that properly and I don't want to corrupt the files because I violently killed the processes
moOo
like i said I'm not a programmer.. i'm an idiot.. but i guess i could make a batch file for people to run... used to run the exe..that kills any instance of btcoin, ixcoin, i0coin or namecoin it finds running.

something like

Code:
taskkill /IM bitcoin.exe
taskkill /IM bitcoind.exe
taskkill /IM ixcoin.exe
taskkill /IM ixcoind.exe
taskkill /IM i0coin.exe
taskkill /IM i0coind.exe
start pywallet.exe

should work no?

edit that works.

I added a bat file.. with the code above and it closes all of them.. well just like the code above except I added namecoin as well

the runme.exe is just the batch file converted into an exe with a nifty wallet icon.. note the money isnt real

use either to start it and dont say I didnt warn you

edit... grr.. stupid beef... have to taskkill everything twice.. cause if the window is open, killing it just sends to the clock.
 i fix it.... er i thought i did.. now looks like i need a delay... ping will work i think..

edit edit  WHAT THE HELL DO YOU MEAN YOU WONT WORK ON MY OLD ASS XP LAPTOP... grrr this fake programming shit is hard.

added some task running checks to the bat, what ever that means and it keeps looping and killing until the task finally dies.. and then starts the wallet. as seen below.. fixed the link above.. this shit should work even on a slow ass laptop with xp

Code:
:moo
taskkill /IM bitcoin.exe
taskkill /IM bitcoind.exe
taskkill /IM ixcoin.exe
taskkill /IM ixcoind.exe
taskkill /IM i0coin.exe
taskkill /IM i0coind.exe
taskkill /IM namecoin.exe
taskkill /IM namecoind.exe
ping localhost -n 5

tasklist /FI "IMAGENAME eq i0coin.exe" 2>NUL | find /I /N "i0coin.exe">NUL
if "%ERRORLEVEL%"=="0" goto moo
tasklist /FI "IMAGENAME eq i0coind.exe" 2>NUL | find /I /N "i0coind.exe">NUL

tasklist /FI "IMAGENAME eq ixcoin.exe" 2>NUL | find /I /N "ixcoin.exe">NUL
tasklist /FI "IMAGENAME eq ixcoind.exe" 2>NUL | find /I /N "ixcoind.exe">NUL

tasklist /FI "IMAGENAME eq bitcoin.exe" 2>NUL | find /I /N "bitcoin.exe">NUL
tasklist /FI "IMAGENAME eq bitcoind.exe" 2>NUL | find /I /N "bitcoind.exe">NUL

tasklist /FI "IMAGENAME eq namecoin.exe" 2>NUL | find /I /N "namecoin.exe">NUL
tasklist /FI "IMAGENAME eq namecoind.exe" 2>NUL | find /I /N "namecoind.exe">NUL

start .\pywallet\pywallet.exe

Activity: 350
Merit: 251
you might want to have a script that runs that closes out any and all bitcoin.exe instances, so you avoid any possible wallet corruption.

didnt know that could happen.. well the web interface instructs you to close bitcoin in really big letters.

I suppose though.. you;d have to close namecoin, ixcoin, i0coin and ifuturecoin as well.

i have accidentally left bitcoin open before, and my wallet was fine, but if you package it into an exe, people will use it and the chance of lost wallets will be much higher for many reasons.
moOo
you might want to have a script that runs that closes out any and all bitcoin.exe instances, so you avoid any possible wallet corruption.

didnt know that could happen.. well the web interface instructs you to close bitcoin in really big letters.

I suppose though.. you;d have to close namecoin, ixcoin, i0coin and ifuturecoin as well.
Activity: 350
Merit: 251
moOo
anyways I have been bugging jackjack for about 6 hours now to make this and he hasnt yet
Did you consider we are not in the same timezone? Tongue

Could you tell me how you managed to make an exe from a python script+1exe? (I supposed it doesn't work in windows, well, I'll find a windows machine)

Also, about the code changes, hum, I don't know what you did, but seeing what you posted I don't think it's a good idea Grin

I was teasing about the harrasment.. i didnt expect you to have this done in 6 hours.. or even care really.(you might but i dont know)

it works on my 3 windows machines.. xp, win7 and win64

It probably isnt a good idea, but it works.. all it does is run your pywallet with the web interface option ..without having to download python or any of that crap.. just extract and go. Hey it is pretty simple to step one download python, step 2 get the twisted, step 3 get zope, step 4 install twisted and zope, step 5 download pywallet, set 6 open a command prompt, step 7 run pywallet --web step 8 open browser and go to localhost:8989 but my minors hate steps even easy ones(you realize atlas or w/e his name is now, paid someone to add a key for him cause he didnt want to do these steps?HuhHuhHuh)

I used py2exe

my method is step one.. download dist.zip and extract, step 2 run pywallet.exe, step 3 open browser go to localhost:8989 .

5 less steps and the most complex steps removed.

I tired adding the signing thing but it seemed to want the command line for some shit.. so i left it out.

(the only thing my minons need, is a windows program that has a big button that says import keys)
legendary
anyways I have been bugging jackjack for about 6 hours now to make this and he hasnt yet
Did you consider we are not in the same timezone? Tongue

Could you tell me how you managed to make an exe from a python script+1exe? (I supposed it doesn't work in windows, well, I'll find a windows machine)

Also, about the code changes, hum, I don't know what you did, but seeing what you posted I don't think it's a good idea Grin
moOo
1. I'm an idiot and I wanted to make something more friendly for my idiot friends. Huh
First let me state I dont know the first thing about what i am doing.  Grin
but somehow i managed to noob my way into creating a windows.exe of pywallet.py and I did so without accidently starting a nuclear war... yeah amazing I know.

IF you hate your computer or miss the computer guy, You could test this out for me

it simply runs with the web interface enabled.. no options to change ports, if you dont understand why, read my first line again... You run pywallet.exe and open up your browser and go to localhost:8989.. no need to install python.. twisted.. zope.. i DID not add ecdsa.. so no signing.
why? refer back to line 1

jackjack,.. really the only think I want to do... I guess i could blindly hack at it some more(see line 1).. is just a simplistic web interface for importing keys... for the bitbills, paper wallets and coins out there.

think we can have a hobbled pywallet-version moron for me and my masses of minions?

(warning not responsible if running this exe causes nuclear war)

.. the only thing i changed was something that said something about options being mandatory.. I didnt like that.. so i deleted it. Huh
and it appeared to work.

and then later  this line

Code:
if 'twisted' not in missing_dep and options.web is not None:

I got rid of the not... and gtfo that worked... well not quite first it bitched about some shit called twisted.. so I told it to grab the shit called twisted and STFU about it and that seemed to work as well. I think it was scared of me as it seems to have went ahead and installed zope as well.

anyways I have been bugging jackjack for about 6 hours now to make this and he hasnt yet, so I decided to try.. good luck to your and your computer if you attempt to use this. Tongue

(if it doesnt work, asks for dependencies.. or starts a war goto line 1 in this comment)
legendary
There's something weird, I tried the recovery command on / (which is separated from /home, so it should never have seen any key)
And 1960 different keys were found...

Then I calculated the probability to find a false positive: 1 false positive every 10^12 To...
So I used the recovered wallet, -rescan, and the client is currently showing the total balance of all my wallets

I think you should try... I hope the problem is me, and not the Bitcoin client/the bsd library copying the wallet in /tmp or whatever...
legendary
ill be sure to run dban from now on when i reformat...
Great tool I didn't know it

Code:
  File "pywallet.py", line 95
    _p = 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFEFFFFFC2FL
                                                                           ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
You seem to have Python 3 which is not supported yet
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Only a curious passer-by / FirstBits: 13zsc1
Code:
  File "pywallet.py", line 95