Pages:
Author

Topic: Qora | 100% POS | Assets | Names | Voting | Open Source - page 3. (Read 113724 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

I want to make meme's for Qora when I'm bored, like I do for the D-O-G-E.

Someone come up with a cute cuddly mascot for Qora, I'll do the rest. Wink

The Qora Koala?
Not sure what else is close. Tongue

By the way, does Qora mean anything? Is it the plural of Quorum for example, referring to consensus or voting?

I love Koalas... how about where the double slash is for the Q you have this guy hanging off of it instead

legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000
Reality is stranger than fiction
It reminds me letter "Q" for unknown reason.

That's cute, for sure.

Maybe it reminds Q from the round face and the imaginary lips line forming the Q
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

It reminds me letter "Q" for unknown reason.
Activity: 351
Merit: 250
! IMPORTANT !

From the release of source code and afterwards, existing data and wallet folders won't be recognised by a new compiled Qora.jar file.
This mean that you cannot copy and paste your previous data and wallet folder and have them along with a newly compiled Qora.jar.
You can test it on your own by compiling a runnable jar file from the source published by qora https://github.com/Qora/Qora
So please, everyone save your seed before proceed with the new wallet version that it will be released tomorrow.
If you're not have saved your seed before using the new wallet version you will not be able to access your funds.

To save your seed, open the wallet, click on File\Debug and on Console tab type GET wallet/seed then write down your seed somewhere safe.
You will need it to recover your wallet from seed along with your password.

Activity: 363

At least we have that going for us (thanks to some video game?)!  Wink
The Qora Koala?

Wink  It's probably best we leave society with just one memecoin. Two may start a revolution.

By the way, does Qora mean anything? Is it the plural of Quorum for example, referring to consensus or voting?

No clue.

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

The Qora Koala?

Koala is nice..  Cheesy
i have no idea about the meaning or what the orig. devs purpose is. but personally Qora remind me of female version of "CORE". i like this name. short, easy to remember and unique.
Activity: 201

The Qora Koala?

Activity: 201
AT is ready to be tested by the entire team this weekend.A private testnet will be set for that.When we ensure that everything works properly and smoothly, AT will be released.
Also, if there are people patient enough, who have the time and the willing to help us with those tests in this private testnet please let us known.Slack will be used to coordinate it.

What we would like to achieve with this release is to update the network with the latest known peers, implement the latest updates and fixes that have been made and introduce a bit of "user-friendly wallet".

Excellent!  Hopefully we'll see AT in v.20 in a couple weeks. Smiley
Activity: 520
Merit: 522
Developer - EthicHacker - BTC enthusiast
What about satoshihack? Hackathon? did it finish?

Yes was completed a while ago.

too bad for me i ve missed it. anyway i ll wait the other one.

i am sorry you missed it. it will be one again THIS weekend! so i send you a PM to remind you then. and the next weekend i will make one again with QORA and BTC in the rewarding. also you can make the old hackathons for practice. so you can train for the coming Hackathon.

thank you
ca333
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1024
I am not a programmer and my english is not much good but i sm willing to help the team. Just please tell me what do i need to do for help.
legendary
Activity: 1428
On Monday, 6 of April a new wallet version is going to be released, v0.19
The release will include the following updates:
  • MapDB v 1.0.7
  • Name Payments
  • Automatic recreation of data folder in case wallet not closed properly.
Also Windows,MAC and Linux wallet versions will be released along with the regular - known wallet.

Any chance AT will be done in this release?

AT is ready to be tested by the entire team this weekend.A private testnet will be set for that.When we ensure that everything works properly and smoothly, AT will be released.
Also, if there are people patient enough, who have the time and the willing to help us with those tests in this private testnet please let us known.Slack will be used to coordinate it.

What we would like to achieve with this release is to update the network with the latest known peers, implement the latest updates and fixes that have been made and introduce a bit of "user-friendly wallet".

Can you please post here when you are testing. I will try to help with the testing.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Reality is stranger than fiction
Count me in for helping to perform tests on testnet!
Activity: 351
On Monday, 6 of April a new wallet version is going to be released, v0.19
The release will include the following updates:
  • MapDB v 1.0.7
  • Name Payments
  • Automatic recreation of data folder in case wallet not closed properly.
Also Windows,MAC and Linux wallet versions will be released along with the regular - known wallet.

Any chance AT will be done in this release?

Activity: 909
Merit: 663
Starting the client I got the following message:

java.lang.Exception: The application was not closed correctly!
   at a.a.start(Unknown Source)
   at Start.main(Unknown Source)
   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
   at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:483)
   at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.jarinjarloader.JarRsrcLoader.main(Unknown Source)
STARTUP ERROR: The application was not closed correctly!

I restarted my computer and even unzipped and started Qora again, but without success. Any idea how to get it run again?

Delete the data folder and let it resync. New wallet should fix this.

With the new wallet version v0.19 this should not happen again Wink.
legendary

too bad for me i ve missed it. anyway i ll wait the other one.
legendary

legendary
Starting the client I got the following message:

java.lang.Exception: The application was not closed correctly!
   at a.a.start(Unknown Source)
   at Start.main(Unknown Source)
   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
   at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:483)
   at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.jarinjarloader.JarRsrcLoader.main(Unknown Source)
STARTUP ERROR: The application was not closed correctly!

I restarted my computer and even unzipped and started Qora again, but without success. Any idea how to get it run again?

Delete the data folder and let it resync. New wallet should fix this.
legendary
Pages:
Jump to: