Author

Topic: Qora | POS | Assets | Names | Polls | Automated Transactions | Social Network - page 130. (Read 249434 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250
[ANNouncement] Here's the reply from poloniex on my ticket...

"Hi Jason Crowe,

Your request has been noted, as has your considered judgment of our ethics. We are forging blocks at the urging of the original developer, who felt the network would otherwise be too weak or unstable. If you feel the network would be better off without this, we are happy to stop, but it is a difficult call to make when there does not appear to be a working block explorer. Qora has a history of forking randomly, and given the current, upsetting state of the network, we really need an official working explorer before enabling deposits and withdrawals.

Best regards,

Tristan
Poloniex Support"

They, as you can see, said that the original developer had asked them to forge blocks to help the network...

What this means to me, is that we need to get MORE people forging outside of poloniex. This is the major issue with the coin.

So, everyone who supports QORA, PLEASE START A WALLET AND GET IT FORGING...

I may even start a giveaway to provide coins for forging, as well as the QrowdFunds.

I have pointed out the internal block explorer to poloniex, and hopefully that will be enough for them to re-enable deposit and withdrawal, however, I will also be getting some hosted wallets going, so that I can provide a link to the internal blockex that can be accessed from anywhere. I could put this on qora.org and/ora nother QORA related domain.

I will keep you all posted, but please, GET WALLETS RUNNING! We MUST increase the stability of the network so that we can continue with the plans we have. Thank you!

The good thing here, is that polo isn't being unethical, they're doing something that was asked of them, which is good, and they will stop when we are successful in making the network stronger. So let's do it!

Thanks for the update! Will get going to forge. the irony is..... all my qora is in polo. is there a working faucet?
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
Been forging for about a week now. Have coins in polo as well but like someone else posted here I cannot get the faucet to deposit coins and I am using the standard wallet.

address: QNAr1B9gvr3tqrpTArjC7otAW86CTKppvY

Thanks.
Activity: 194
Merit: 101
Same...running wallet, but coins stuck in polo
Activity: 560

"Hi Jason Crowe,

Your request has been noted, as has your considered judgment of our ethics. We are forging blocks at the urging of the original developer, who felt the network would otherwise be too weak or unstable. If you feel the network would be better off without this, we are happy to stop, but it is a difficult call to make when there does not appear to be a working block explorer. Qora has a history of forking randomly, and given the current, upsetting state of the network, we really need an official working explorer before enabling deposits and withdrawals.

Best regards,

Tristan
Poloniex Support"

They, as you can see, said that the original developer had asked them to forge blocks to help the network...

What this means to me, is that we need to get MORE people forging outside of poloniex. This is the major issue with the coin.

I may even start a giveaway to provide coins for forging, as well as the QrowdFunds.

I have pointed out the internal block explorer to poloniex, and hopefully that will be enough for them to re-enable deposit and withdrawal, however, I will also be getting some hosted wallets going, so that I can provide a link to the internal blockex that can be accessed from anywhere. I could put this on qora.org and/ora nother QORA related domain.

I will keep you all posted, but please, GET WALLETS RUNNING! We MUST increase the stability of the network so that we can continue with the plans we have. Thank you!

The good thing here, is that polo isn't being unethical, they're doing something that was asked of them, which is good, and they will stop when we are successful in making the network stronger. So let's do it!

This will be the good start... opening now my wallet and ready to forge.
QOra address : QQCu5BCpEZp5HaLx8NT9n1Lh2jn568AXog

Let us all help on forging outside exchange, maybe we can have a list of these people who can dedicate on forging and helping the network.

Same here my wallet is running 24/7 on amazon aws now and ready for forging but i can't withdrawal my QORA funds on poloniex.
Donations are welcome : QjnHyHkFzhS6Kyd59rQkPUhNkLXqdzrQUH
Thanks
Activity: 574
Merit: 259
Deal Coin - P2P Lending Eco-system

"Hi Jason Crowe,

Best regards,

Tristan
Poloniex Support"

I just opened my wallet !

Can't wait to forge with you guys, I can do it all day everyday.

Here is my wallet : QcGUgXArZ2DTG6zt9uH3bq3Ux1s4pFTung
Activity: 1162
Merit: 500
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
How does this new Proof-of-Stake algorithm work ? What is the weight and the % stake return ?
Activity: 67
Merit: 10
I was trying this for a while, but catch-22: how do we get coins to forge with, if withdrawals are disabled, and network flaky (it took me a couple weeks to get synchronized the first time, because it *starts over* if it doesn't get to the top of chain.  Just be patient and let it run.  And maybe turn off your other coins for a while).

I hear the network sync issues have been addressed in latest code?  (at least make it not start over) Might be better to roll out a version easier to sync, as a first step in this effort.

Is the forging proportional  to the number of coins you have?  Poloniex is holding 2.5B...  so are we going to make a dent?

Donations welcome, and I'll try to keep it online 24/7:

Qora:  QNSGh4gjYnpkoFwwLQDyXJxf9gkCnusJCH

legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

"Hi Jason Crowe,

Best regards,

Tristan
Poloniex Support"

This will be the good start... opening now my wallet and ready to forge.
QOra address : QQCu5BCpEZp5HaLx8NT9n1Lh2jn568AXog

Let us all help on forging outside exchange, maybe we can have a list of these people who can dedicate on forging and helping the network.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072
https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org

"Hi Jason Crowe,

Best regards,

Tristan
Poloniex Support"

legendary
Activity: 3724
Merit: 3063
Leave no FUD unchallenged
Looks like a good time to take advantage of the QORA/XMR market on Polo.  Monero's on a bit of a pump, which might not last long, so you get a better buy rate for Qora than normal.
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1020
★ Ⓚ KORE TEAM Ⓚ ★

Could someone look into researching what other projects out there might be cloning QORA,...etc.

MikeMike

"Hello,

The QORA wallet has been locked from being able to withdrawal for some time now.
Could I receive all information of what issues you may be having with it.

It has been claimed Polo is staking Depositors QORA coins in their main wallet.
Is this true and is this proper business etiquette for a coin exchange to be doing?
This is the first I have heard of an exchange mining the coins they are holding.

I look forward to your prompt reply.
If there is anything you need please ask.

Thanks for your putting the proper attention to remedy this unfortunate situation
that is causing much concern.

Most Sincerely
and Kind Regards,"

Thanks for doing this Mike!
legendary
★ Ⓚ KORE TEAM Ⓚ ★

"Hello,

The QORA wallet has been locked from being able to withdrawal for some time now.
Could I receive all information of what issues you may be having with it.

It has been claimed Polo is staking Depositors QORA coins in their main wallet.
Is this true and is this proper business etiquette for a coin exchange to be doing?
This is the first I have heard of an exchange mining the coins they are holding.

I look forward to your prompt reply.
If there is anything you need please ask.

Thanks for your putting the proper attention to remedy this unfortunate situation
that is causing much concern.

Most Sincerely
and Kind Regards,"
legendary
★ Ⓚ KORE TEAM Ⓚ ★
Any update on when polo will be fixed? Been long now Undecided

it's  really up to Polo. pretty weird that Polo is saying that it's under maintenence when they are the ones forging majority of the blocks.

So..... what's  going on ?

Could the entire QORA Community send in support tickets to polo requesting an answer to why
the wallet is under maintenance and why they are mining coins that are not theirs.
Tweet them and farcebook them.

Could they have an incorrect wallet version?
They could provide some answers since it has been awhile.
Is this proper business etiquette for them to be mining the coins?

not good for polo to do this such things, qora is a good project that i'm supporting right now so please dev give us the tweet and
i will re tweet that as well to inform polo about this matter.

Just lending a hand...

https://twitter.com/Poloniex

https://www.facebook.com/poloniex

https://poloniex.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/new

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540

it's  really up to Polo. pretty weird that Polo is saying that it's under maintenence when they are the ones forging majority of the blocks.

Could the entire QORA Community send in support tickets to polo requesting an answer to why
the wallet is under maintenance and why they are mining coins that are not theirs.

not good for polo to do this such things, qora is a good project that i'm supporting right now so please dev give us the tweet and
i will re tweet that as well to inform polo about this matter.
legendary
★ Ⓚ KORE TEAM Ⓚ ★

Activity: 169
Merit: 100
Searching for qora led to 4-5 different threads if possible ask mods to delete the others for a new user is hella confusing.
This would be good indeed! I too came across like 4 dead ones.
Also, the first step in progress for Qora would be this poloniex problem...

If burst was almost dead, the developers did a great job. Burst has a very active community and a lot of projects going on. Very curious to see what Crowetic and team have in store for Qora.
One question @crowetic, what other coins beside Qora and Burst are you involved in?

it's  really up to Polo. pretty weird that Polo is saying that it's under maintenence when they are the ones forging majority of the blocks.

So..... what's  going on ?
legendary
Activity: 1030
Merit: 1000
Activity: 1302
Merit: 540
The issue with QORA is that the Block Chain is broken and needs to be reissued to allow deposits and withdrawals to be made on POLO

So qora blockchain isn't working well, right? It harms the market, and polo usually delist unstable blockchain coins. Like last time polo delisted Gemz there due to the blockchain issue.

The blockchain is working perfectly, but I found a small bug in the zipped wallet that stopped the light wallet working.

https://github.com/Qoracoin/Qora/releases/download/0.26.0/Qora_v0.26.0.zip

After installing and running the light wallet it synced, but never opened in the toolbar, so I couldn't open my wallet. However, I could see it had synced by opening this link which shows my wallet's block explorer.

http://127.0.0.1:9090/index/blockexplorer.html

The small bug preventing my wallet working properly was in the run-light-wallet.bat file in the Qora folder.

If you right click it, then select edit a notepad window opens showing you its contents. After I deleted -Dnogui from the fifth line down (shown in red below) and saved the file my wallet started working perfectly

set PARAM=-Xms512m -Xmx1024m -Dnogui -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -jar Qora.jar

I downloaded the data folder available from either of the links below, unzipped it, and put it in the Qora folder to speed up the sync time. I found it had synced in about two hours with the added data folder.

http://qora.co.in/data/data_20160528_122841_220996_v0260.zip (634.99 mb)

http://qora.co.in/data/data_20160528_122841_220996_v0260.7z (197.02 mb)

The Block Chain's not broken, there is just a small bug in the run-light-wallet.bat file that you double click to start the light wallet.

Thanks for sharing this, its a good help, now I am back on track on my qora wallet.

is there qora dev still alive?

The original dev is no longer part of the project, however, I do have 3 of the original team still part of our expanded team with BURST and our other coins.

That's  good to hear. Some question though, given that the 3 devs are part of the extended team of burst, where would their focus be? There isn't a dev that's  willing to step up to lead Qora? or will there be a possibility of merging these two coins?
or if burst enables sidechain functionality, qora can be under it?
good point of question mate the community needs to know what is the place of qora project as of now with the new dev and the possibility
of merging to burst project i also wants to know since i'm holding little amount of this coin project dev. thanks.
Jump to: