Pages:
Author

Topic: [QRK] 120,000 QRK Bounty for New Logo - page 17. (Read 39037 times)

legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015
November 28, 2013, 05:30:48 AM
Countdown Updated.

Submissions are due Midnight New Years US EST.

Please have them submitted in this thread before then.

Smiley
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
November 28, 2013, 04:38:12 AM
I'm a little confused, lol....too much going on but too bland? I can fiddle around with it but the idea of the flying R & K is to symbolise the atom. Maybe I'll just have a think and see if I can come up with something completely different
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
November 28, 2013, 12:12:55 AM
No offense but that logo has no appeal to your average investor scrolling through the long list of "coins". Too much going on and too bland, just my 2 Quarks.

well thats kind of what I mean.  the orbits were too busy (too much going on) and it did need more of an elegant look (too bland).  But I like the idea of the symbol we could utilize.

Actually the more I think about it the less I question it, for this reason:  To write the symbol by hand it will look too much like a 0 or a O.  Worse yet, its would be the same as an upside down "power on" symbol.  The graphic itself is good as a symbol, IMO, since its got a wide border, but that will be rough to replicate by hand.

Regardless though, I like the idea of a symbol, not on an extruded looking coin like all the others, to represent the quark.  Sure, the symbol itself could be extruded graphically if so desired, though of course when written manually itd only have a 2D effect.

ETA:  lols and those 2 quark you gave us is not quite worth 1cent ATM.  Maybe tomorrow?Huh  Hope so..
EETTAA:  and is quark both the singular AND plural form?  I like it that way, personally
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
Bayern
November 28, 2013, 12:01:40 AM
I decided to keep it just as Quark rather than QuarkCoin, kinda like Visa to Mastercard. I can do a physical coin (am thinking a simple white plastic token with the QRK logo somewhat similar to the coin) but that'll take a little bit of time. I can do the accepted here horizontal rather than vertical, but figured I'd do something different

edit : neatened up pic

This one is best by far.  And I mean FAR; dont mean to be rude, but the others are crap.

What this one has going for it is this..  a symbol.  That Q with the vertical squiggly can easily serve utility as the symbol for this currency.  Like $ is for the dollar.

And another thing.

Stop
Calling
It
A
COIN

Another way to differentiate.  Its not a coin.  None of these other things are really coins either.  OK So were not the first to do this (cryptogenic bullion, bitbar, bytebar, etc) but we can even move away from that.

The term 'quark' brings to mind particles of the universe.  hmm... universe.  universal.  A universal currency.  OK bingo now we're on to something.

From now on.  just quark.  drop the 'coin'.

Im sold on the market performance.  But still dont see what this cryptocurrency brings to the table.  "Secure" hashing?  Are all the others somehow LESS secure?  If most of the coins are in the hands of a small few, better start pumping them out slowly so as to distribute it out, if you want it to go big, and eventually be in use to buy things other than just traded back and forth like litecoin.  Just not gambling shit.  PLEASE GOD NOT THAT.  Thats when you your coin has no future, if you primarily use it for gaming.

ETA except for the orbiting stuff.  Your to a good start with that Q but the squigglies are too busy.  something more elegant yet simple maybe
EETTAA  that Q with the vertical line isnt used for anything else is it?

No offense but that logo has no appeal to your average investor scrolling through the long list of "coins". Too much going on and too bland, just my 2 Quarks.
Activity: 938
Merit: 500
November 27, 2013, 11:51:05 PM
what is the first word people think of when they think crypto currency "bitCOIN", it  is a a great way to convey its money with just a name, i wouldnt be so quick to dismiss that.

J

P.S.  the creator called it QuarkCoin
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
November 27, 2013, 11:48:01 PM
I decided to keep it just as Quark rather than QuarkCoin, kinda like Visa to Mastercard. I can do a physical coin (am thinking a simple white plastic token with the QRK logo somewhat similar to the coin) but that'll take a little bit of time. I can do the accepted here horizontal rather than vertical, but figured I'd do something different

This one is best by far.  And I mean FAR; dont mean to be rude, but the others are crap.

What this one has going for it is this..  a symbol.  That Q with the vertical squiggly can easily serve utility as the symbol for this currency.  Like $ is for the dollar.

And another thing.

Stop
Calling
It
A
COIN

Another way to differentiate.  Its not a coin.  None of these other things are really coins either.  OK So were not the first to do this (cryptogenic bullion, bitbar, bytebar, etc) but we can even move away from that.

The term 'quark' brings to mind particles of the universe.  hmm... universe.  universal.  A universal currency.  OK bingo now we're on to something.

From now on.  just quark.  drop the 'coin'.

Im sold on the market performance.  But still dont see what this cryptocurrency brings to the table.  "Secure" hashing?  Are all the others somehow LESS secure?  If most of the coins are in the hands of a small few, better start pumping them out slowly so as to distribute it out, if you want it to go big, and eventually be in use to buy things other than just traded back and forth like litecoin.  Just not gambling shit.  PLEASE GOD NOT THAT.  Thats when you your coin has no future, if you primarily use it for gaming.

ETA except for the orbiting stuff.  Your to a good start with that Q but the squigglies are too busy.  something more elegant yet simple maybe
EETTAA  that Q with the vertical line isnt used for anything else is it?
Activity: 1666
Merit: 292
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
November 27, 2013, 10:54:57 PM
ℚ Quarkcoin 

ℚ     U+211A (alt-08474)   DOUBLE-STRUCK CAPITAL Q = the set of rational numbers

This is the best logo!!!!

and +1 for me for the new ℚ symbol Smiley
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
November 27, 2013, 10:51:36 PM
ℚ Quarkcoin 

ℚ     U+211A (alt-08474)   DOUBLE-STRUCK CAPITAL Q = the set of rational numbers

Great thought! I think we have no options left. But I too think it should be simplified though.
Activity: 420
Bayern
November 27, 2013, 10:37:07 PM
We have our first ASCII character: ℚ — thanks Mjbmonetarymetals!

Bitcoin has BTC and now Quarkcoins has ℚ. Smiley

That association will help investors see that QRK has a community as strong as BTC.

We MUST receive more entries that make use of an ASCII character guys.

Keep them coming!

Its not only about ASCII characters
Activity: 90
Merit: 10
November 27, 2013, 10:10:47 PM
We have our first ASCII character: ℚ — thanks Mjbmonetarymetals!

Bitcoin has BTC and now Quarkcoins has ℚ. Smiley

That association will help investors see that QRK has a community as strong as BTC.

We MUST receive more entries that make use of an ASCII character guys.

Keep them coming!
Activity: 519
Merit: 253
November 27, 2013, 09:54:14 PM
So is the deadline Dec 4 or Jan 1? Makes a big difference on my end.

legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061
Smile
November 27, 2013, 09:46:10 PM
really great designs everyone
Activity: 381
November 27, 2013, 09:45:59 PM
Activity: 90
Merit: 10
November 27, 2013, 09:17:54 PM
ℚ Quarkcoin 

Great work! The first submission with an ASCII character! That is AWESOME, great work! Smiley

Does anybody want to buy some ℚs — It works! Great research! Smiley (I was thinking of designing one from scratch, but this looks great)

Now, if you don't mind my critique, this logo needs to be simplified. There's too much going on. Make it black and while, and if looks good in black and white, then it will look good ANYWHERE and EVERYWHERE. Also, be sure it looks good in a very small size.
Activity: 406
November 27, 2013, 09:08:28 PM
I will create a logo design sometime this week if I remember.  Grin
Activity: 355
November 27, 2013, 09:04:44 PM

My buddy designed this logo but he can't post here, i think it looks amazing and honestly makes me want to buy more QRK. Very crisp professional

Designed by NurvNurv

Original Post Here
 http://quark.freeforums.net/thread/19/new-logo

I really like this but it makes me think it belongs on a pack of crayons or markers.

and the winner is...
legendary
Activity: 1096
Merit: 1067
November 27, 2013, 09:03:37 PM
ℚ Quarkcoin 

legendary
Activity: 912
Merit: 1000
November 27, 2013, 08:57:59 PM

I have been against a logo change but this is pretty awesome.  Simple yet Bold.  Easy to make into a Font. I like that the Q's tail is internal.
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
November 27, 2013, 07:38:16 PM
http://oi43.tinypic.com/2mnjihw.jpg

Activity: 381
November 27, 2013, 07:11:41 PM
Pages:
Jump to: