Pages:
Author

Topic: [QRK] 120,000 QRK Bounty for New Logo - page 18. (Read 39037 times)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0
November 27, 2013, 07:00:17 PM
I'm working on a logo redesign, but I just thought I'd point out that a flat version of the original logo is very similar to the Adobe Air logo. Might be close to copyright infringement if Quark really flys

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=adobe+air&client=firefox-a&hs=kL&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=bXmWUtbsAYHniAfJ_IDACA&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1440&bih=655
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
November 27, 2013, 06:51:27 PM

http://i.imgur.com/CQZTZyM.png

My buddy designed this logo but he can't post here, i think it looks amazing and honestly makes me want to buy more QRK. Very crisp professional

Designed by NurvNurv

Original Post Here
 http://quark.freeforums.net/thread/19/new-logo

I really like this but it makes me think it belongs on a pack of crayons or markers.

Hey, quality markers are really expensive  Kiss
legendary
Activity: 1229
Merit: 1001
November 27, 2013, 06:27:37 PM

My buddy designed this logo but he can't post here, i think it looks amazing and honestly makes me want to buy more QRK. Very crisp professional

Designed by NurvNurv

Original Post Here
 http://quark.freeforums.net/thread/19/new-logo

I really like this but it makes me think it belongs on a pack of crayons or markers.
Activity: 90
Merit: 10
Activity: 490
Merit: 250
November 27, 2013, 05:42:49 PM
This may sound like a silly question, but how easy is to create a new type-able symbol like BTC? Does anyone here know how to do that?

EDIT: How silly of me, should have google-it first. I just found this: http://bit.ly/o3YXq
November 27, 2013, 05:28:16 PM
My vote is with the original - there were some nice black and white ones -

I believe we should vote after the deadline... some of us haven't posted yet.  Please confirm deadline.

thnx   Smiley

+1

A confirmation to the deadline is most welcome. If possible, append to the thread title.
November 27, 2013, 05:26:57 PM

Personally I like the original logo best so far at least.

You know, it looks WAY TO MUCH like the Ripple logo, and that sucks. Sad

I think there's a better way, something more like Bitcoin and Litecoin. Something as simple as that, would make people look at Quarkcoin, and compare it with Bitcoin, not Ripple. Subconsciously, investors would choose something they already believe it's good.

I'm working on a solution, but not sure if I'll have the time to finish before the deadline. An extension to the deadline is most welcome.
November 27, 2013, 05:11:33 PM
If Quark is to be a currency like the Dollar Pound Yen etc then making an overly complicated logo is counterproductive.

You want a logo that can be used as a symbol in a font.  Current logo already meets that.  The current logo in black can be shrunk right down to be used like $ or BTC followed by numeric digits. 

For an example of what I am talking about check out page ~73 on the Bottlecaps thread where a user modified an amazon.com page to have items for sale in Bitcoin, US$ and Bottlecaps (and a proposed Cappachino name change).

The issue with the current logo is that will not reduce appropriately, and any other fancy alternative will have the same problem. Keep it simple guys, think Bitcoin, think Litecoin. See what is already working, then explore concepts on how to bring that to Quarkcoin. That is the recipe for success.

I must say that achieving that sort of simplicity is not easy, I know, I do that for a living, but is essential to get Quarkcoins mainstream. It's all about making the QRK brand easy to digest, and obviously, using good design to add value to the project.

If the project doesn't receive any submission of a high standard, we should consider extending the date a bit further, and even raising the bounty to attract more professional entries. Don't underestimate the power of design.

I'll put some time into this myself, but I would also love to see other people's submissions too.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061
Smile
November 27, 2013, 04:18:57 PM
My argument for a logo change

I do like the current logo and if considered original would be best

Not to say my logo is any good but something for the developers to consider so as they can choose the right logo

http://www.logodesignteam.com/what-you-need-to-know-about-logo-design.html

ripple logo

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
‘Try to be nice’
November 27, 2013, 03:51:20 PM

Can be changed to any color / bg

these are cool - but the original in B/W is very similar
‘Try to be nice’
November 27, 2013, 03:50:25 PM
My vote is with the original - there were some nice black and white ones -
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
November 27, 2013, 03:36:53 PM
If Quark is to be a currency like the Dollar Pound Yen etc then making an overly complicated logo is counterproductive.

You want a logo that can be used as a symbol in a font.  Current logo already meets that.  The current logo in black can be shrunk right down to be used like $ or BTC followed by numeric digits.  

For an example of what I am talking about check out page ~73 on the Bottlecaps thread where a user modified an amazon.com page to have items for sale in Bitcoin, US$ and Bottlecaps (and a proposed Cappachino name change).

I agree completely. Also, making a good & consistent serie of logo + physical + ascii charachter + banners takes times, and now that the bounty is really interesting, you should extend the deadline to end of december to let real graphists work on it (no offense to the already submitted ideas Wink
legendary
Activity: 912
November 27, 2013, 03:27:28 PM

You want a logo that can be used as a symbol in a font.  Current logo already meets that.  The current logo in black can be shrunk right down to be used like $ or BTC followed by numeric digits. 

‘Try to be nice’
November 27, 2013, 03:16:02 PM
I think I'm out. These types of competitions are generally frowned upon by the design community and with the moving goal posts and deadlines I don't think I can invest any more of my time into this I'm afraid.

If you don't get a suitable entry I would be happy to work for Quark on all or any of the elements outlined, perhaps just reworking the current logo. Feel free to get in contact via my portfolio http://ohcg.co.uk/

Best of luck.

stay in with us do you do any Web work ? as well - FLip does - too -
Down to collaborate Smiley.

We should have a community poll on what the coin will be called. Smiley

Should the project change name? NO, NO WAY, don't do that, that would be a HUGE mistake.

Quark is a BRILLIANT name for a crypto currency, and here is WHY:

1. It is immediately recognisable by geeks. Both, physicists and treekies! (That is a way to differentiate in the midst of so many randomly named coins)

2. In the physicist world, a quark is a elementary particle. Metaphorically, we could say there's no crypto currencies without QRKs. Quarks are essential to have.

3. Also, quarks are the only elementary particle in the Standard Model to experience all four fundamental interactions. Metaphorically: +, -, *, and /.

4. It has a meaning directly related to currency. It's the name of a character that has ACCUMULATION OF PROFIT as a life purpose. That in my own opinion is the most amazing reason to stick with it. It's a subconscious reminder, for investors, that this is a good coin for profits. I love this one.

3. Finally. What about the hassle and disturbance and surely depreciation that will follow with a name change? Why do that with such an AWESOME name?

Just in case you want to know my credentials. I'm a logo designer and branding is my field of expertise, and the above is my professional opinion.

Really, you have a winner name here. All it needs to grow is to keep up the good work and a growing community rallying behind it.

Please, feel free to ask anything, I will be more than glad to answer. Smiley

+ 1

its a Charm Quark ha ha 
Activity: 126
November 27, 2013, 03:09:40 PM

EDIT: I think I won =), although I wish I could say I actually made this.
November 27, 2013, 02:21:21 PM
I think I'm out. These types of competitions are generally frowned upon by the design community and with the moving goal posts and deadlines I don't think I can invest any more of my time into this I'm afraid.

If you don't get a suitable entry I would be happy to work for Quark on all or any of the elements outlined, perhaps just reworking the current logo. Feel free to get in contact via my portfolio http://ohcg.co.uk/

Best of luck.

stay in with us do you do any Web work ? as well - FLip does - too -
Down to collaborate Smiley.

We should have a community poll on what the coin will be called. Smiley

Should the project change name? NO, NO WAY, don't do that, that would be a HUGE mistake.

Quark is a BRILLIANT name for a crypto currency, and here is WHY:

1. It is immediately recognisable by geeks. Both, physicists and treekies! (That is a way to differentiate in the midst of so many randomly named coins)

2. In the physicist world, a quark is a elementary particle. Metaphorically, we could say there's no crypto currencies without QRKs. Quarks are essential to have.

3. Also, quarks are the only elementary particle in the Standard Model to experience all four fundamental interactions. Metaphorically: +, -, *, and /.

4. It has a meaning directly related to currency. It's the name of a character that has ACCUMULATION OF PROFIT as a life purpose. That in my own opinion is the most amazing reason to stick with it. It's a subconscious reminder, for investors, that this is a good coin for profits. I love this one.

3. Finally. What about the hassle and disturbance and surely depreciation that will follow with a name change? Why do that with such an AWESOME name?

Just in case you want to know my credentials. I'm a logo designer and branding is my field of expertise, and the above is my professional opinion.

Really, you have a winner name here. All it needs to grow is to keep up the good work and a growing community rallying behind it.

Please, feel free to ask anything, I will be more than glad to answer. Smiley
Activity: 1036
Merit: 504
Becoming legend, but I took merit to the knee :(
November 27, 2013, 10:52:21 AM
Im no designer but heres my simplilistic logo

and

Pages:
Jump to: