Pages:
Author

Topic: [QRK] 120,000 QRK Bounty for New Logo - page 3. (Read 39016 times)

Activity: 77
Merit: 10
January 11, 2014, 09:47:29 AM
All these opinions.. For sure there's plenty to argue about. It's impossible to please everyone. Just let the man decide and leave it with that! In the end he's the one providing the funds..
Activity: 295
Merit: 250
Graphic Designer
January 11, 2014, 09:28:15 AM
@gjeric and @Lanochka: How am I wrong? Check page 4!!!

Perhaps it would have been better to include this in the opening post, but it just wasn't.. Many did exactly what was asked for so it shouldn't be such a big deal. In my case I've put -A LOT- of extra effort in delivering all the required elements! This will be the same for all the others that submitted a complete entry. Perhaps it's best to divide the 120k over each category. Everyone should have a fair chance! It's up to FlipPro to decide what to do.. I'm sure he figures out something!

SUBMISSION SHOULD INCLUDE REPLICA OF COIN FOR FULL PAYMENT OF BOUNTY. SUBMISSION SHOULD ALSO INCLUDE "QUARK ACCEPTED HERE" LOGO.

It was an extremly bad idea to post aditional reqirement NOT in the first post. It's not the strict rule to use only first post for rules description, TC can decide how it should go, but anyway it wasn't posted neither here, not on quarktalk (and it was possible and easy to edit first post at anytime, so it's quite odd that FlipPro haven't made it). So a LOT of those who took a part in this contest have never seen this "extra" post with adition rule before. It's up to FlipPro to decide what to do next, but it would be strange desition to use this rule for filtering 80% of submited logos Shocked

Exactly, and whoever wins can just make this additional designs. I'll be happy to do a 3D render of Quark coin, like I did for Lottocoin.

emu
Activity: 69
stupidity manager
January 11, 2014, 09:19:27 AM
old logo is epic, no need to change at all
Activity: 70
:)
January 11, 2014, 08:56:10 AM

Perhaps it would have been better to include this in the opening post, but it just wasn't.. Many did exactly what was asked for so it shouldn't be such a big deal. In my case I've put -A LOT- of extra effort in delivering all the required elements! This will be the same for all the others that submitted a complete entry. Perhaps it's best to divide the 120k over each category. Everyone should have a fair chance! It's up to FlipPro to decide what to do.. I'm sure he figures out something!

SUBMISSION SHOULD INCLUDE REPLICA OF COIN FOR FULL PAYMENT OF BOUNTY. SUBMISSION SHOULD ALSO INCLUDE "QUARK ACCEPTED HERE" LOGO.

It was an extremly bad idea to post aditional reqirement NOT in the first post. It's not the strict rule to use only first post for rules description, TC can decide how it should go, but anyway it wasn't posted neither here, not on quarktalk (and it was possible and easy to edit first post at anytime, so it's quite odd that FlipPro haven't made it). So a LOT of those who took a part in this contest have never seen this "extra" post with adition rule before. It's up to FlipPro to decide what to do next, but it would be strange desition to use this rule for filtering 80% of submited logos Shocked
Activity: 98
January 11, 2014, 08:52:32 AM

devide would be silly. 1 person gets it all.
January 11, 2014, 08:34:12 AM

"QuarkCoin"

"Coin"

"Quarkcoin Accepted Here"

"Physical"

Activity: 308
Merit: 251
Giga
January 11, 2014, 08:20:57 AM
soo no body won? lol
January 11, 2014, 07:54:31 AM
@FlipPro: You asked us to design different elements (logo+text, quark accepted button, coins, physical coins and perhaps even an ascii-character). Many designers have submitted designs where some of these elements are missing. In many cases, they focussed on a single element and in some they cases provided variations of this element (which is nice!). To me it seems fair to split the voting into different categories. Community can then pick a favorite design for each category.

Categories:
hard:
- best logo + text (or separate as many have not included text)
- best quark accepted button
- best coin
- best physical coin
- best ascii character
soft:
- best overall originality
- best overall creativity
- best overall quality

Split results in a 50% vote for community and 50% vote for competition funders.

Not only is this way of voting fair. The end-results will give you an idea of what community is looking for. It could very well be a combination of designs from different designers. I think the design-phase doesn't necessarily have to end here..

My 2 coins..

Dear  martijnp,

You are wrong, it wasn't in original requirements. Here is the original task from TC:

As you can see, there is no requirement for: text, quark accepted button, coins, physical coins and perhaps even an ascii-character. And the goal is: "The creation of a NEW LOGO, not just all design." It was revard for LOGO only. And there is one more bounty 300k qrk for all stuff you mentioned.

Activity: 295
Merit: 250
Graphic Designer
January 11, 2014, 07:53:42 AM
martijnp, its a logo contest and not a bunch of additional stuff... just focus on logo and don't complicate it more then it already is.
January 11, 2014, 06:38:25 AM
@FlipPro: You asked us to design different elements (logo+text, quark accepted button, coins, physical coins and perhaps even an ascii-character). Many designers have submitted designs where some of these elements are missing. In many cases, they focussed on a single element and in some they cases provided variations of this element (which is nice!). To me it seems fair to split the voting into different categories. Community can then pick a favorite design for each category.

Categories:
hard:
- best logo + text (or separate as many have not included text)
- best quark accepted button
- best coin
- best physical coin
- best ascii character
soft:
- best overall originality
- best overall creativity
- best overall quality

Split results in a 50% vote for community and 50% vote for competition funders.

Not only is this way of voting fair. The end-results will give you an idea of what community is looking for. It could very well be a combination of designs from different designers. I think the design-phase doesn't necessarily have to end here..

My 2 coins..
January 10, 2014, 08:11:07 PM
Hello people)

I've (user lana ) published my variant of logo on Quartalk in time (before 01.01.2014), but I'm not posted them here.

So, I`ll post logos now:

legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015
January 10, 2014, 06:07:54 AM
Fixed Smiley.

Also extended the signup time for the poll.

Smiley
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
January 09, 2014, 03:12:46 PM

Got now rights to add a text. Can´t post anything. Anyone else ?

Im unable see any names or add one.
I'm in the same boat Sad
legendary
Activity: 1096
Merit: 1067
January 09, 2014, 01:17:14 PM
If you are a designer who has submitted a LOGO in this thread PLEASE write down your name in this document so that I can include you in the final community vote.

Thank You

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1y4aEU57UUbQ4McBPNYZK8ydzwrCCpOBBK5ikevdB0Aw/edit?usp=sharing

Deadline: 1/12/2014

P.S Sorry for the lateness, technical issues have definitely crippled out abilities to execute this in a timely fashion.

I'm unable to see any names or add one.
Activity: 32
January 09, 2014, 11:22:50 AM
Great initiative @actuality!

Perhaps better wait replacing logo's until winner of the contest is announced and the winning logo is approved by the foundation (if it needs approval).. Wink

Haha I thought this contest was dead until I came on here to post!

Despite submitting my own logo to this competition I believe now the logo should stay as it is (or a slight variation as seen on the flyers) - bit too late in the day now to be changing it up in my opinion.
January 09, 2014, 11:16:37 AM
If you are a designer who has submitted a LOGO in this thread PLEASE write down your name in this document so that I can include you in the final community vote.

Thank You

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1y4aEU57UUbQ4McBPNYZK8ydzwrCCpOBBK5ikevdB0Aw/edit?usp=sharing

Deadline: 1/12/2014

P.S Sorry for the lateness, technical issues have definitely crippled out abilities to execute this in a timely fashion.

January 09, 2014, 11:16:01 AM
Great initiative @actuality!

Perhaps better wait replacing logo's until winner of the contest is announced and the winning logo is approved by the foundation (if it needs approval).. Wink
Activity: 32
January 09, 2014, 11:10:56 AM
Hey guys, I have been doing a bit of work with Kings over at the Quark Foundation and have put together a couple of flyer designs for him and ended up using some of the logos submitted in this thread. Here is the link:

http://quarkfoundation.cc/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=60#p389

If anyone objects to me using their logo's drop me a PM and I'll find some sort of substitution.
January 09, 2014, 08:12:08 AM
can´t add a comment :/ ?
any advice how it´s done?

thank you
greetings
January 09, 2014, 07:32:36 AM
Tnx for update! Document seems to be read only! Or am I missing something..?

Perhaps it's handy to put a link (to your entry in this thread) next to your name. And for readability perhaps an idea to let designers fill in a spreadsheet instead of document..
Pages:
Jump to: