Pages:
Author

Topic: [QRK] 120,000 QRK Bounty for New Logo - page 6. (Read 39016 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
December 26, 2013, 06:12:25 PM

Why am I seeing this logo already on a official twitter, FB page and quarkcoin.cc? Am I missing something?

You're not. It's very close to the original logo, which everyone likes and still uses (which is what you're seeing on those sites).

In my opinion, this contest will fizzle out because it's too late to change the Quark logo now. It either had to be done very early after launch, or MUCH later down the road when the brand has its own legs and doesn't rely on the logo as much. Right now, changing the logo will only confuse people.

But that's just my 2 cents.
Activity: 295
Graphic Designer
December 26, 2013, 03:20:21 PM

Why am I seeing this logo already on a official twitter, FB page and quarkcoin.cc? Am I missing something?
Activity: 32
Merit: 10
December 25, 2013, 07:39:25 PM
Not sure how alive this competition is, however thought I'd throw a concept out there I've been playing with:

Having looked through these logo threads I am surprised there has not been more emphasis on the security aspect of Quark in the concepts - what I believe to be one of it's key features defining it as a solid cryptocurrency. I've tried to incorporate that idea in the most elegant fashion into the coin design (whilst including the shape that has become synonymous, for some, with Quark).

Anyway here it is:

If there is interest I might go ahead and throw together some website concepts as well.

Cheers.

Any donations welcome  Smiley

QRK - QbRABzQwvdiySaSN7rFZS2upeyYH3qvshA
BTC - 1y7zmPigPdrBwCf8xwLtHGfu5bNZuZ7Rj
legendary
Activity: 1096
Merit: 1067
December 25, 2013, 02:42:42 PM
Activity: 588
Merit: 251
December 24, 2013, 08:43:01 AM
I did some polish on my concept.

The contest host has moved the contest over to QuarkTalk but that site seems to be having troubles
Activity: 1316
Merit: 593
December 22, 2013, 09:24:12 PM

Is it possible to show animated gifs on forum?

Activity: 1316
Merit: 593
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
Activity: 938
Merit: 500
December 21, 2013, 09:53:56 PM
I thought it had been decided that they wont be changing the Logo since its what everyone knows quark by now, i wonder why people are still submitting entries.

j
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124
Invest in your knowledge
December 21, 2013, 09:39:45 PM
that's pretty badass @Darkstyle
Activity: 205
Merit: 100
December 21, 2013, 09:34:36 PM
i like it
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
December 19, 2013, 05:43:20 PM
Gonna throw my hat into the ring as well Smiley

http://i.imgur.com/TCpYAoa.jpg

And donations welcomed: QMKZCi3FwM5K3MfVW1A7enPtjUXLjuWDWr

Thanks!
Activity: 77
December 18, 2013, 11:41:11 AM

My personal opinion is a balance between the two perceptions and that's just me being honest .

Take this earthy look and adapt it to the original design in some way , id like to actually see that .

Tnx! Will do just that..
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
‘Try to be nice’
December 18, 2013, 09:38:54 AM
Hi there,

Here's a preview of my most recent revision, including one side of the physical coins.
Will add some more variations and buttons soon.

Let me know what you think! Thanks.

Heeey i got to say i love those soft colors !   - and even that Q looks nice - ^^^ i really like that colour theme its where Quark is at , with a Grass roots type currency -

Thanks for your feedback! Really pleased about the way you interpret the colors.

Have to admit I'm struggling a bit here! I've been trying hard to come up with a fresh and crisp *new* logo for Quark, representing everything it stands for. As far as I know, this is the primary objective of this logo contest. On the other hand I noticed some *influencing* people prefer the current logo as is, without too much change, or at least a clear reference to it's predecessor. Wink Although I'm pleased with my logo, it doesn't serve both camps!

So what to do? Stick to the original objective of this contest or focus on finding a balance between the two perceptions instead?

I will finalize my submission next week or so..

Thanks!

My personal opinion is a balance between the two perceptions and that's just me being honest .

Take this earthy look and adapt it to the original design in some way , id like to actually see that .
Activity: 77
December 18, 2013, 08:08:10 AM
Hi there,

Here's a preview of my most recent revision, including one side of the physical coins.
Will add some more variations and buttons soon.

Let me know what you think! Thanks.

Heeey i got to say i love those soft colors !   - and even that Q looks nice - ^^^ i really like that colour theme its where Quark is at , with a Grass roots type currency -

Thanks for your feedback! Really pleased about the way you interpret the colors.

Have to admit I'm struggling a bit here! I've been trying hard to come up with a fresh and crisp *new* logo for Quark, representing everything it stands for. As far as I know, this is the primary objective of this logo contest. On the other hand I noticed some *influencing* people prefer the current logo as is, without too much change, or at least a clear reference to it's predecessor. Wink Although I'm pleased with my logo, it doesn't serve both camps!

So what to do? Stick to the original objective of this contest or focus on finding a balance between the two perceptions instead?

I will finalize my submission next week or so..

Thanks!
Activity: 149
December 17, 2013, 09:56:53 AM
Guys i am quite new to the cryptocurrencies world, but in this short time i slowly felt in love with the original logo.
i think there's absolutely no need to change it, it's great, fresh, recognizable and unique among all the other coin logos.
the only thing, i'd suggest to renew it with a more flat feel, for example i would have a flat spot in the middle instead of the metallic feel, take off the shadows effects, and most of all a thinner external circle, too bold now

So this is what i meant, just a minor simple restyling:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Oh by the way, im not here for the contest!
im here to say 'NO NEED TO CHANGE LOGO' Smiley
Activity: 149
December 17, 2013, 09:48:33 AM
Guys i am quite new to the cryptocurrencies world, but in this short time i slowly felt in love with the original logo.
i think there's absolutely no need to change it, it's great, fresh, recognizable and unique among all the other coin logos.
the only thing, i'd suggest to renew it with a more flat feel, for example i would have a flat spot in the middle instead of the metallic feel, take off the shadows effects, and most of all a thinner external circle, too bold now

So this is what i meant, just a minor simple restyling:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Activity: 588
Merit: 251
December 17, 2013, 08:26:58 AM
Not a lot of time to create a 3D render of this but here is my submission:

Activity: 364
December 17, 2013, 08:26:32 AM
My submission

Looks familiar, doesn't it?

Activity: 126