Pages:
Author

Topic: Quarantine measures in China, Shanghai - page 2. (Read 376 times)

Activity: 1764
Merit: 584
April 29, 2022, 10:49:35 AM
snip
Yup, it's getting worse and worse overtime, it's practically inevitable to have zero infections, thus, chances are that the quarantine measures will get stricter as time passes by, since cases are bound to increase, due to the very contagious Omicron variant.

On top of that, the supply chain will be disrupted once again, it happened the last two years with Covid-19, it's happening now with the Ukrainian - Russian war, this is just the icing on the cake.

Last I checked in the news the official deathtoll in Shanghai was around 20. Even with conspiracy theory that they were just locking up people to disrupt the supply chain (or refocus the industry for war in Taiwan and they don't want civilians running around), I don't buy those numbers. And we only managed to find out the situation in Shanghai, apparently they were locking down the same way throughout. The Philippine ambassador who just arrived from his home country died in quarantine in Huangshan and they wouldn't reveal the reason, which is telling. The man is in his 70s, if it's not a covid death they can just say so.
Activity: 1582
Merit: 758
April 27, 2022, 04:47:19 AM
Apparently they are "very serious" this time. In one vid I saw, they even built fences around a few block of buildings to keep the people inside. Probably not as terrifying as welding the doors of units shut but still...

The People's Republic of China has locked down Shanghai and even other parts of China (I work with some people from Shenzhen) for many purposes outside of the guise that is a pandemic "safety" reasons. It is for cracking down on dissenters that would disagree with the government and their oppressive measures. And most importantly, to shift production from a peacetime economy to a wartime economy hence taking over Taiwan and leveraging the Solomon Islands for further conquests.

Australia ‘Disappointed’ After Solomons Signs China Pact

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-04-20/australia-deeply-disappointed-after-solomons-signs-china-pact

Shanghai Lockdown the real reason:

http://198.46.190.126/videos/chinawar.mp4

I did saw several theories about it. It also have the effect of disrupting the global supply chain and I'm assuming that'll figure later with several food warehouses in the US "accidentally" erupting into flames within a few days of each other.
Yup, it's getting worse and worse overtime, it's practically inevitable to have zero infections, thus, chances are that the quarantine measures will get stricter as time passes by, since cases are bound to increase, due to the very contagious Omicron variant.

On top of that, the supply chain will be disrupted once again, it happened the last two years with Covid-19, it's happening now with the Ukrainian - Russian war, this is just the icing on the cake.
Activity: 1764
Merit: 584
April 26, 2022, 11:35:04 AM
Apparently they are "very serious" this time. In one vid I saw, they even built fences around a few block of buildings to keep the people inside. Probably not as terrifying as welding the doors of units shut but still...

The People's Republic of China has locked down Shanghai and even other parts of China (I work with some people from Shenzhen) for many purposes outside of the guise that is a pandemic "safety" reasons. It is for cracking down on dissenters that would disagree with the government and their oppressive measures. And most importantly, to shift production from a peacetime economy to a wartime economy hence taking over Taiwan and leveraging the Solomon Islands for further conquests.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-04-20/australia-deeply-disappointed-after-solomons-signs-china-pact

I did saw several theories about it. It also have the effect of disrupting the global supply chain and I'm assuming that'll figure later with several food warehouses in the US "accidentally" erupting into flames within a few days of each other.
Activity: 38
Merit: 21
April 25, 2022, 03:24:39 PM
It is very sad to read and see that some countries are still seriously being plague by covid after the breakout. China's situation has been one of worse so far, and it's effect is widespread even to the economic sector. Buying of goods and procurement of materials from China has become difficult again, a problem facing people who are business oriented and depend on China for supply.
copper member
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1899
Amazon Prime Member #7
April 24, 2022, 05:29:28 PM
China was the first country to come up with lockdown measures, however, I don't recall them being so harsh. This situation has gone out of control, the measures weren't so absurdly strict, they're dragging people out of their homes and euthanizing pets, that's ridiculous.

In early 2020, people were being sealed in their homes. There are reports of some people starving to death.

The Chinese government controls what information leaves its country the overwhelming majority of the time. I don't think it is an accident that specific videos about the lockdowns are "leaking" to the outside world now.

In early 2020, Chinese citizens were locked inside their apartments, and people starved to death. The "lockdowns" employed by the West was something exported from China. Prior to covid, "lockdowns" were not considered to be something health officials considered to prevent the spread of contagious viruses.

Lockdowns actually work, just not in any colloquial sense or under democratic republics. If you can physically isolate people within their homes and enforce isolation, then the virus can't spread. The issue with any lockdown the West tried was people were still mobile. People still went to the grocery store, to work, out with friends etc and then most transmission would end up happening in the home. The CCP, like with most communists, are okay with letting people die and violating basic human rights, so confining people to their homes and not allowing them to leave even to go to the grocery store was as close to a true lockdown as possibly obtainable. China lied about their numbers, but there was reporting when Wuhan and other regions went into lockdown and when cities began opening up again back in 2020. Seemed like China may be successful in their lockdown strategy as long as they can drive people to to near suicide by physical isolation. If people starve to death, that's just a bonus to them.

To think there were authoritarians that wanted to adopt China's method.
No, I don't think the lockdowns ever worked in China.

Even in China, people are allowed to go out to get groceries, although it is regulated. China is more densely populated, so if one person is infected in an apartment building, there is the potential that many others will also get infected via the ventilation system. If one person is infected goes to the grocery store, others at the store may also get infected, and they may spread the virus to others in their own apartment building.

There are also too many other means of transmission that lockdowns will not prevent. For example, the Chinese economy relies too heavily on exports to not allow people from entering into the country (and into certain areas) to pick up goods intended for export. These people can potentially transmit covid to others.
April 21, 2022, 04:04:05 PM

What are your thoughts regarding this matter?

Well, not sure if a 0 case policy is something that can be maintained at all, lockdown or not. The bigger issue is it's causing issues in the Chinese economic system as well as social structure. People have been locked in their homes, distributed little amounts of food, and children being taken from their families (because they are infected) and taken to lengthy hospital stays. Some of those things are changing, but this is a completely ridiculous, however, expected behavior by the Chinese government. The common people are struggling since the pandemic started and this seems to be the last nail in some of their caskets.
Well, it did work up until the Delta variant, China had very few cases till the Omicron variant appeared. It was kind of expected, since after so many mutations, the virus becomes more contagious, but less deadly at the same time, thus, it was bound to happen sooner or later. I don't get all this fuss about China's government policy of zero cases, eventually, we'll have to live with the virus, it's not that big of a deal.
legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1514
April 21, 2022, 02:33:45 PM
In early 2020, Chinese citizens were locked inside their apartments, and people starved to death. The "lockdowns" employed by the West was something exported from China. Prior to covid, "lockdowns" were not considered to be something health officials considered to prevent the spread of contagious viruses.

Lockdowns actually work, just not in any colloquial sense or under democratic republics. If you can physically isolate people within their homes and enforce isolation, then the virus can't spread. The issue with any lockdown the West tried was people were still mobile. People still went to the grocery store, to work, out with friends etc and then most transmission would end up happening in the home. The CCP, like with most communists, are okay with letting people die and violating basic human rights, so confining people to their homes and not allowing them to leave even to go to the grocery store was as close to a true lockdown as possibly obtainable. China lied about their numbers, but there was reporting when Wuhan and other regions went into lockdown and when cities began opening up again back in 2020. Seemed like China may be successful in their lockdown strategy as long as they can drive people to to near suicide by physical isolation. If people starve to death, that's just a bonus to them.

To think there were authoritarians that wanted to adopt China's method.
Activity: 728
Merit: 266
April 21, 2022, 06:21:03 AM
               I for one never really heard about this anywhere here in my country be it on local social media or news on the television. I never would've been informed about this if not for a friend who teaches english as second language online to chinese children. She told me about lockdowns happening there a couple weeks back which she heard from her own students themselves. I'm guessing that China is trying to not let this news spread or maybe it's because of the coming elections in my country. Maybe the media are too focused on the elections right now so they didn't tackle about this? Anyway, the way op expressed this js pretty scary.
Activity: 616
Merit: 161
April 21, 2022, 05:33:26 AM

What are your thoughts regarding this matter?

Well, not sure if a 0 case policy is something that can be maintained at all, lockdown or not. The bigger issue is it's causing issues in the Chinese economic system as well as social structure. People have been locked in their homes, distributed little amounts of food, and children being taken from their families (because they are infected) and taken to lengthy hospital stays. Some of those things are changing, but this is a completely ridiculous, however, expected behavior by the Chinese government. The common people are struggling since the pandemic started and this seems to be the last nail in some of their caskets.
Activity: 478
Merit: 66
April 20, 2022, 07:56:37 PM

April 20, 2022, 07:03:06 PM
When the pandemic started, China wasn't that paranoid about new infections, what changed now?

They locked down Wuhan early on. Foreign travel was severely restricted. I don't think anything really changed, they always had the intent to contain it completely.

New mutation or not, it's not sensible to have such strict measures, when the rest of the Western world is easing measures.

I can't argue that it's sensible - most of the actions of the Chinese government don't make sense to me, and starving their citizens is definitely one of those things.

But the immunity levels are most likely very different between China and the West where almost everyone had some strain of COVID.
Certainly, they did have strict policies since the beginning, but I don't recall seeing such action taken against their citizens. They've literally locked them up, with no access to anywhere, while the government is distributing food that to me, doesn't look enough for a household.
Certainly, they didn't have as many infections as Europe and USA, but it looks incredibly cruel to see such practices.
China did not report having as many infections as Western countries did. The Chinese government also lies. I draw different conclusions than you.
China was the first country to come up with lockdown measures, however, I don't recall them being so harsh. This situation has gone out of control, the measures weren't so absurdly strict, they're dragging people out of their homes and euthanizing pets, that's ridiculous.

Certainly, it was the first country to lie about Covid-19, if it wasn't for their cover-up during the early stages of the pandemic, we would have avoided many deaths in Italy and other European countries, who were severely affected.
Activity: 2310
Merit: 757
Bitcoin = Financial freedom
April 18, 2022, 09:33:25 PM
China has been like that all the times so there is no wonder in my opinion but I saw some news that new variant started to spread not really serious restrictions from any other countries yet, suspicious its been there all the time even Trump used to call it as China virus but nothing came out and people used to it so as of now we can consider this as precaution from China so avoid spread and their government used to follow it.

Seems more like they created the Covid virus to fight the united states' economy.
And since they are big seller's to China, they produced and sold equipment to the United States to tripple it's economy.
Now it's back for them.ohh karma! Undecided
There is no borders for the virus, we all know how fast it can spread and now I can see the 4th wave on most of the mainstream media, didn't see it personally but it started somewhere so if it's real soon we can see the cases all over the world not just in China so they are preparing while others lessen the restrictions so possibly still they can make profits by doing the same thing again if it spreads.
copper member
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1899
Amazon Prime Member #7
April 17, 2022, 05:47:58 PM
When the pandemic started, China wasn't that paranoid about new infections, what changed now?

They locked down Wuhan early on. Foreign travel was severely restricted. I don't think anything really changed, they always had the intent to contain it completely.

New mutation or not, it's not sensible to have such strict measures, when the rest of the Western world is easing measures.

I can't argue that it's sensible - most of the actions of the Chinese government don't make sense to me, and starving their citizens is definitely one of those things.

But the immunity levels are most likely very different between China and the West where almost everyone had some strain of COVID.
Certainly, they did have strict policies since the beginning, but I don't recall seeing such action taken against their citizens. They've literally locked them up, with no access to anywhere, while the government is distributing food that to me, doesn't look enough for a household.
Certainly, they didn't have as many infections as Europe and USA, but it looks incredibly cruel to see such practices.
China did not report having as many infections as Western countries did. The Chinese government also lies. I draw different conclusions than you.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1338
Slava Ukraini!
April 17, 2022, 05:12:43 PM
When whole world finally learned that lockdowns isn't solution, especially in long term, China continue their zero cases policy. While in most part of world majority of people already have immunity either after getting infected or getting vaccine (or both) and we can live normal life without thinking about covid related restrictions, China still continue to keep their peope in the bubble. And I don't see any other reason of these lockdowns than thotal control of people. Because 2 years was enough to learn that lockdowns don't eliminate covid, it can only reduce spread of it.

Well countries surrounding China should be happy they are adopting the zero  tolerance because if not, covid of any variant could spread once again. The Chinese are confident that way though, they are more cooperative to their government than trying to impress their neighbors that they can fight back the police or so. It may look like concentration camp but its for the best. People just have to follow what authorities are doing for it to be over.
I'm not sure why neighbours of China should be happy. They all covid in their countries with multiple variants, no matter China have strict lockdown or no. Like in 2020 when China imposed lockdown, but it didn't helped and covid spread out to whole globe.
Concentration camps for the best - it's easy to say it when you don't live in China. And the way China is fighting with Covid - it won't be over anytime soon.
BTW, Australia had similar Covid policy with concentration camps, but I think they already started to change their attitude.
April 17, 2022, 02:48:12 PM

Well countries surrounding China should be happy they are adopting the zero  tolerance because if not, covid of any variant could spread once again. The Chinese are confident that way though, they are more cooperative to their government than trying to impress their neighbors that they can fight back the police or so. It may look like concentration camp but its for the best. People just have to follow what authorities are doing for it to be over.
Countries surrounding China will be happy for the Chinese government adopting zero-tolerance cause no one wants the previous spread of the virus that happened in Wuhan to repeat again but there's always a way to do something which all the country's citizens will obey the government order rather than locking people inside their homes and forcing them to take a daily test.
A new mutation could possibly be more transmitting, but it certainly won't be as deadly, no point in taking such measures. If this situation continues, we'll face serious logistic and supply chain issues. There aren't any advantages with this policy.
Activity: 686
Merit: 21
April 17, 2022, 01:10:16 PM
China has been like that all the times so there is no wonder in my opinion but I saw some news that new variant started to spread not really serious restrictions from any other countries yet, suspicious its been there all the time even Trump used to call it as China virus but nothing came out and people used to it so as of now we can consider this as precaution from China so avoid spread and their government used to follow it.

Seems more like they created the Covid virus to fight the united states' economy.
And since they are big seller's to China, they produced and sold equipment to the United States to tripple it's economy.
Now it's back for them.ohh karma! Undecided
Activity: 1162
Merit: 78
April 17, 2022, 12:32:35 PM
Countries surrounding China will be happy for the Chinese government adopting zero-tolerance cause no one wants the previous spread of the virus that happened in Wuhan to repeat again but there's always a way to do something which all the country's citizens will obey the government order rather than locking people inside their homes and forcing them to take a daily test.
Activity: 2310
Merit: 757
Bitcoin = Financial freedom
April 17, 2022, 11:50:39 AM
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
April 17, 2022, 10:09:55 AM

April 17, 2022, 05:35:21 AM
IIRC Chinese vaccine wasn't very effective but they were able to contain early infections so the "survivors" immunity isn't widespread either. In these conditions the consequences of a COVID wave could be quite severe, depending on which strain they're getting. Like the first wave e.g. in Italy.

I think they're fucked either way, lockdown or no lockdown. But the rationale for the lockdown could be to avoid overwhelming the hospitals. Implemented in a typical for China totalitarian fashion. I've seen reports they're exterminating pets.
Vaccines aren't supposed to prevent inflections, still, their effectiveness could be worse than the ones we have in Europe and US, but still doesn't make sense. When the pandemic started, China wasn't that paranoid about new infections, what changed now?

This situation will have serious effects in the supply chain, we were f*cked with Covid the past two years, the war hasn't stopped, and now China is implementing policies like these.

Pages:
Jump to: