Pages:
Author

Topic: Quarantine measures in China, Shanghai - page 3. (Read 374 times)

Activity: 2800
Merit: 595
https://www.betcoin.ag
April 17, 2022, 02:06:06 AM
What are your thoughts regarding this matter?
I think this is a China's policy of "zero tolerance" for covid-19, brought to the point of absurdity, and maybe a little more trade war with the United States.

Video of fishing with a drone in Shanghai so as not to starve to death.

Well countries surrounding China should be happy they are adopting the zero  tolerance because if not, covid of any variant could spread once again. The Chinese are confident that way though, they are more cooperative to their government than trying to impress their neighbors that they can fight back the police or so. It may look like concentration camp but its for the best. People just have to follow what authorities are doing for it to be over.

If you are however some sort of a conspiracy theorist, you may really have to be suspicious that it took so long for them to contain this variant unlike in the 2020. OR was it true already that they are just gagging the supply chain so the countries relying to the products from them will experience scarcity.  Its all that we could speculate, nothing more or less.
copper member
Activity: 2072
Merit: 901
White Russian
April 17, 2022, 01:48:59 AM
I think this is a China's policy of "zero tolerance" for covid-19, brought to the point of absurdity, and maybe a little more trade war with the United States.

Video of fishing with a drone in Shanghai so as not to starve to death.
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276
April 16, 2022, 11:39:52 PM

Europe and the U.S. are already slotted for self-destruction making it a great time for China to add further to their woes (or their people's/national business's woes) by having an embargo.  Doing the supply shut-off with a covaids hoax alleviates some of the trade-war diplomatic problems.  'Fighting covid; what can we do?'  When they come back on-line (and celebrate with mass public swimming events) there will be vastly less competition globally.  Then they can sell crappy Chinese shit for German prices...for decades.

Internally Shanghai has always been more productive than Beijing so their has been tension between the two.  Beijing always wins because they've got the seat-of-govt status and make the rules.  Probably starving out Shanghai and beating the Shanghai-ese peeps into the ground is one more example of Beijing fucking Shanghai in the ass because Beijing is non-competitive otherwise.  My guess.

Earlier I posited that the Chinese should use their (upcoming) takeover of Taiwan to steal the ROC govt and seat them in Beijing, Taiwan being a much better society in almost any conceivable way.  A better idea would seem to me to be for Shanghai, Hong-Kong, and maybe even Canton and Chengdu, to team up with Taiwan and roll back the mistake 'the people' made back in 1949.  Hopefully before the 'great reset' folks (who built up CCP in order to parasitize the country once they collapsed the West) put the 'great leap forward' mortality figures to shame.

legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
April 16, 2022, 09:46:44 PM
IIRC Chinese vaccine wasn't very effective but they were able to contain early infections so the "survivors" immunity isn't widespread either. In these conditions the consequences of a COVID wave could be quite severe, depending on which strain they're getting. Like the first wave e.g. in Italy.

I think they're fucked either way, lockdown or no lockdown. But the rationale for the lockdown could be to avoid overwhelming the hospitals. Implemented in a typical for China totalitarian fashion. I've seen reports they're exterminating pets.
Activity: 1582
Merit: 758
April 16, 2022, 07:09:17 PM
Hello there,
Didn't see any topics referring to this matter, have you seen what's happening in China? The government has locked people inside their homes, forcing them to have daily testing, police is separating them into quarantine camps (more like concentration camps) if test comes out positive or if experiencing symptoms, even mild. It's astonishing, that all countries are easing measures, since it's yet to be proven whether lockdowns were actually effective, China on the other hand is adopting zero case policies.

This type of lockdown didn't even occur at the start of the pandemic, where the virus was way more deadlier than it is now, after going through numerous mutations, without having medication and vaccines, which enable us to have very limited casualties, compared to 2 years ago.

Not only is it saddening, but also suspicious, is China hiding something else, or is it just being paranoid, imposing tyranny over its citizens? Let me also point out that China has a history of lying to organizations such as WHO about the severity of such infectious diseases (same thing happened with both Covid and SARS).

Pages:
Jump to: