Pages:
Author

Topic: Question about different investment other than Ponzi schemes. - page 2. (Read 2565 times)

legendary
Activity: 1399
Merit: 1004
northern exposure
I'm looking at buying a Sr/Hero/Legendary account and use signature campaigns to make money. Question is, what are good accounts going for now and days? What sig campaigns pay the most money as of right now? Do you think sig campaigns are going to last for a long time?

Everything related to this topic is most certainly welcome and appreciated  Smiley

i understand that you want to do that, i mean to buy an account, but beleive me, the best thing you can do is to "lvling" your current one you will enjoy it and learn a lot while you did it.

btw i would suggest you to dont pay so much for an hero account.

But if I were to get a hero account with good posting and no negative feedbacks on it to for .55 BTC I could make my money back in a month essentially.. ?

thats the point, you can check this subforum -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=52.0 and check if thats profitable for you.
Activity: 1873
Merit: 840
Keep what's important, and know who's your friend
the highest rate was from bit-x , but now there is a limit, i beliebe there is no more good campaign, if you are lucky with an hero you can do 0.5 in one months, without much post needed

it's not profitable like it was in the good old day, for thi reason i would suggest to not pay much for your senior/hero account, try to find a good compromise around 20% discount of the standard prices

But if I were to get a hero account with good posting and no negative feedbacks on it to for .55 BTC I could make my money back in a month essentially.. ?
legendary
Activity: 2954
Merit: 4158
Thanks for the reply! Yeah I've already downloaded multibit HD as a wallet, but I thought that I would need to run a node if I were to have that account connected to bitcoin's block chain?

I have a macbook pro, so running a full node would take a lot of my memory and stuff... I guess the main thing is, is that I'm confused as to how I can connect my multibit HD wallet to the blockchain on a mac? Also in your opinion is that wallet a secure offline wallet?

I see you are new, that's OK, just read, do research and ask questions.

We say that you are running a node if you have a Bitcoin Core wallet, downloaded on your computer, and synchronized, or up to date. That's running a node! You won't be doing this since your computer will be hit heavily on resources. And that's OK as well.

Multibit is a light weight wallet, with such a design that it doesn't need the whole blockchain in order to work. It synchronizes from servers and validates your transaction without a whole copy of the blockchain. That's all you need to now for now. Google if you want to know the difference between the lite weight and full node Bitcoin wallets.

Multibit is not an offline wallet. That's an online wallet. Offline wallets are paper wallets, hardware wallets, physical Bitcoins, etc..

Ok so I just downloaded bitcoin core and it's synchronizing right now as we speak. But if I were to take my computer with me to work tomorrow and it's not connected to wifi the entire time bitcoin core is synchronizing, does that ruin the progress and you have to start all over again?  Also when it's synchronizing, is that when it's supposed to use 20 GB of my memory? Because when I downloaded it and checked to see what my memory looked like after, it doesn't have anything marginally close to 20 GB downloaded. 

Also, when I end up getting a good amount of BTC down the road and start not feeling so secure about bitcoin core and it's security... would it be better to buy a cold wallet to store everything in? And if so, what's the best for the price?

Thanks... sorry I keep bugging you with all these questions  Roll Eyes
Bitcoin Core would not be able to synchronize if it isn't connected to the internet as it cannot get new blocks from peers. You can just connect to internet and it would continue to synchronize. As it is synchronizing, the memory space occupied would gradually increase till around 40-50GB. I personally don't prefer Bitcoin Core as it takes up too much memory space. I would prefer a light wallet like electrum or multibit. They offer the basic features while offering simplicity.

Any open sourced wallet is more or less secure enough. The only insecurity is the possible malware in your macbook. Cold storage would ultimately offer the best security. I personally think that it is not worth to get a hardware cold storage. You can easily get a old laptop/computer, wipe it and print a paper wallet by downloading the script from bitaddress.org and disconnect from internet, add a passphrase to the wallet if you like. You can easily print it out afterwards and use mycelium to use it. If possible, you can wipe the memory cache from the printer to prevent possible theft if someone decides to check the cache of your printer.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
the highest rate was from bit-x , but now there is a limit, i beliebe there is no more good campaign, if you are lucky with an hero you can do 0.5 in one months, without much post needed

it's not profitable like it was in the good old day, for thi reason i would suggest to not pay much for your senior/hero account, try to find a good compromise around 20% discount of the standard prices
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Move On !!!!!!
Thanks for the reply! Yeah I've already downloaded multibit HD as a wallet, but I thought that I would need to run a node if I were to have that account connected to bitcoin's block chain?

I have a macbook pro, so running a full node would take a lot of my memory and stuff... I guess the main thing is, is that I'm confused as to how I can connect my multibit HD wallet to the blockchain on a mac? Also in your opinion is that wallet a secure offline wallet?

We say that you are running a node if you have a Bitcoin Core wallet, downloaded on your computer, and synchronized, or up to date. That's running a node! You won't be doing this since your computer will be hit heavily on resources. And that's OK as well.

Multibit is a light weight wallet, with such a design that it doesn't need the whole blockchain in order to work. It synchronizes from servers and validates your transaction without a whole copy of the blockchain. That's all you need to now for now. Google if you want to know the difference between the lite weight and full node Bitcoin wallets.

Multibit is not an offline wallet. That's an online wallet. Offline wallets are paper wallets, hardware wallets, physical Bitcoins, etc..

Ok so I just downloaded bitcoin core and it's synchronizing right now as we speak. But if I were to take my computer with me to work tomorrow and it's not connected to wifi the entire time bitcoin core is synchronizing, does that ruin the progress and you have to start all over again?  Also when it's synchronizing, is that when it's supposed to use 20 GB of my memory? Because when I downloaded it and checked to see what my memory looked like after, it doesn't have anything marginally close to 20 GB downloaded. 

Also, when I end up getting a good amount of BTC down the road and start not feeling so secure about bitcoin core and it's security... would it be better to buy a cold wallet to store everything in? And if so, what's the best for the price?

Core will be updating when you are connected to the Internet, when you are not it won't synchronize. When you connect again, it will start where it stopped the last time. In other words, you won't lose your progress.

It takes time to download the full blockchain, and it's not 20GB, but close to 40GB the last I checked. It depends on how strong your computer is and how good you Internet connection is. It might even take few days.

Yes, when you get good amount of bitcoins you should invest in hardware wallet or just save the for free in paper wallets. Hardware and paper wallets have their advantages and disadvantages. Here are the threads to compare:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/trezor-vs-paper-wallets-1164141

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/overview-bitcoin-hardware-wallets-secure-your-coins-899253
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
Also I have another quick question... where can I buy BTC at the cheapest rates?  Xapo and circle have ~$3 charge per BTC, and I'd prefer to get all that I can out of buying some.

Maybe try localbitcoins.com and/or check the currency exchange section for sellers of bitcoins
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
Ponzis are not investments.  Coins don't come from nowhere.  If the owner is taking a profit (in fact, even if he is not) the ponzi will eventually fail on itself, guaranteed.

Also I have another quick question... where can I buy BTC at the cheapest rates?  Xapo and circle have ~$3 charge per BTC, and I'd prefer to get all that I can out of buying some.
Move On !!!!!!

A few signature campaigns have been on for over an year (maybe even two). Raise your own account up (Full Member only takes a few months, and it's worth it) and don't worry; the campaigns will all still be here.

Also, while you're raising your own account, you'll learn a lot of things along the way. Tip: no one likes a high-ranked member who doesn't know jack.

Ok I guess I'll get a head start in learning things on here then...

What things should I know about btc, alt, bitcointalk, money making strategies, etc. that you think makes investing your time on Bitcointalk more worthwile?

What I know as of right now:

1) There are tons of shit coins out there to try and pump and dump for profit.  Only a couple are legit (Monero, LTC, and maybe etherum and a few others?)

2) Ponzi schemes seem to be the most popular scam on this forum for investments

3) Always use escrow when making big investment purchases or something with high value.

4) Signature campaigns is essentially the easiest way to earn a decent amount of BTC, rather than faucets.

5) Don't post shit comments with one word or one number responses. (thanks @notlist3d  Grin)

6) Mining CPU or GPU isn't profitable any more

Can't think of any more... would any body like to add on to my list?

I have questions about:

1) Security of online wallets (i.e. Xapo, Circle, etc.)

2) Potential of 3 or 4 coins being heavily valued in the next 4-5 years

3) Necessity of running nodes and how to

Thanks again for all the comments received so far!  Cool

Hi and welcome! Smiley

Here is the overview of the signature campaigns:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/overview-of-bitcointalk-signature-ad-campaigns-last-update-01-jan-23-615953

There are some even for the new members, if my memory serves me well and if they are still active.

Stay away from online wallets! Why? Well short answer, Bitcoin has finally made it possible for all of us to be our own bank, so take care of your private keys, don't give them to the online wallets secure them, you never know when will this "new Bitcoin bank" go bust, just like the conventional banks of today. There are tons of lite wallets out there that let you easily secure your money, use them. Electrum and Multibit are the best.

Nodes are important, and if you have a good computer with good Internet, you may opt out to run a full node. For this you need Bitcoin Core, and to download over 40GB which will take you maybe even few days. If you decide this is too much for you, simply don't run UT, Bitcoin will survive.

As for the alts coins that are promising, this is my list: Ethereum, Dash/Monero, NXT. Litecoin is doomed in the long run in my opinion. Still don't know what to think about Ripple/Stellar. Bitshares looked promising but too much drama lately.

Move On !!!!!!

The trick is your posts have to reflect it.  As of now if you look you have a lot of one liner posts.  Things like guessing numbers. - https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/phishead-547991

If you can show in post's helping people with all above your account will look much better.  Help people with topics like those and raise your account and you will more likely to be selected to be in a good sig campaign.  

My account shouldn't be screwed if I just have one liners and or one sentence replies as of right now right?  Like I'm going to take your advise to heart, and I'm going to try and always make quality posts from here on out... but if/when I upgrade to member and up, it shouldn't matter if I had made a couple of stupid posts when I first started out as a newb.

Right?

No of course not. Nobody will ban you or screw your account even with one liner posts. You will move on and progress in the same way if you have 1 liner posts or paragraph posts, that is 14 activity points every 14 days if you make 14 posts.

What notlist3d wanted to say is that you will enroll to a signature campaign easier later if your posts are of the higher quality. Since the campaign managers check the quality of your posts when you apply. But even that, they maybe check last 20-40 posts that you make. They won't go and check your every single post, this would be crazy, they don't have that much time.
Move On !!!!!!
A few signature campaigns have been on for over an year (maybe even two). Raise your own account up (Full Member only takes a few months, and it's worth it) and don't worry; the campaigns will all still be here.

Also, while you're raising your own account, you'll learn a lot of things along the way. Tip: no one likes a high-ranked member who doesn't know jack.

What things should I know about btc, alt, bitcointalk, money making strategies, etc. that you think makes investing your time on Bitcointalk more worthwile?

1) There are tons of shit coins out there to try and pump and dump for profit.  Only a couple are legit (Monero, LTC, and maybe etherum and a few others?)

3) Always use escrow when making big investment purchases or something with high value.

4) Signature campaigns is essentially the easiest way to earn a decent amount of BTC, rather than faucets.

5) Don't post shit comments with one word or one number responses. (thanks @notlist3d  Grin)

I have questions about:

Hi and welcome! Smiley

Here is the overview of the signature campaigns:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/overview-of-bitcointalk-signature-ad-campaigns-last-update-01-jan-23-615953

There are some even for the new members, if my memory serves me well and if they are still active.

Stay away from online wallets! Why? Well short answer, Bitcoin has finally made it possible for all of us to be our own bank, so take care of your private keys, don't give them to the online wallets secure them, you never know when will this "new Bitcoin bank" go bust, just like the conventional banks of today. There are tons of lite wallets out there that let you easily secure your money, use them. Electrum and Multibit are the best.

Nodes are important, and if you have a good computer with good Internet, you may opt out to run a full node. For this you need Bitcoin Core, and to download over 40GB which will take you maybe even few days. If you decide this is too much for you, simply don't run UT, Bitcoin will survive.

As for the alts coins that are promising, this is my list: Ethereum, Dash/Monero, NXT. Litecoin is doomed in the long run in my opinion. Still don't know what to think about Ripple/Stellar. Bitshares looked promising but too much drama lately.

The trick is your posts have to reflect it.  As of now if you look you have a lot of one liner posts.  Things like guessing numbers. - https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/phishead-547991

If you can show in post's helping people with all above your account will look much better.  Help people with topics like those and raise your account and you will more likely to be selected to be in a good sig campaign. 

My account shouldn't be screwed if I just have one liners and or one sentence replies as of right now right?  Like I'm going to take your advise to heart, and I'm going to try and always make quality posts from here on out... but if/when I upgrade to member and up, it shouldn't matter if I had made a couple of stupid posts when I first started out as a newb.

Right?
legendary
Activity: 1456

I have questions about:

The trick is your posts have to reflect it.  As of now if you look you have a lot of one liner posts.  Things like guessing numbers. - https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/phishead-547991

If you can show in post's helping people with all above your account will look much better.  Help people with topics like those and raise your account and you will more likely to be selected to be in a good sig campaign. 

I have questions about:

legendary

Also I didnt think of should have mentioned the forum has a new version that has been under development for a while now.  I believe bitcointalk has spent over a million dollars (if I remember right) on the next version of the forum.

So for bitcointalk to put this kinda money into a new version, we can count on it being around a while.  I think so at least.  I don't see BTC going away anytime soon and this forum is the biggest forum for it.

So Agree it's worth while raising your own acccount.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Go figure! | I'm nearing 1337 posts...

I suggest raising your own account.  I am kinda old fashioned on this.

You really are going to miss out on learning and many things by jumping ahead.    Depending on account post quality the good signature campaigns might not even want you.  A lot of these farmed accounts are utter crap on post content.

Also you will be dealing with possible shady people/shady side by doing this so possible scams.

I know I should, I plan on still using my newb account too, but for the sole purpose of having an extra income, and the fact that I don't know how long these sig campaigns are going to last. I would hate to level up all the way to Sr. In like 6 months or so with great content and all the sig campaigns are gone.

You still have a lot to learn though.  I'm honestly suprised you did not get banned for posting so many numbers earlier today with wearing a sig.  Normally that type of one liner is a temp ban.    

And if you use two accounts and use one when other is under temp ban... it becomes ban evasion.  Perma ban.  I'm telling you your on a dark road.  

Your current account posts would not be accepted by most good sig campaigns.  You have a decent amount to learn yet I think.  But I could be wrong someone else feel free to pipe in.

I gotcha, well I mean I'm not even registered for the campaign or atleast they haven't told me I've been accepted so I don't really worry about it. And also other people with high accounts and sigs were posting in that random thread. I don't think I'm on a "dark road" at all, I just have to deal with a lot of shady dealers when trying to get an account. You make it seem like I'm spamming a scam website or something.
legendary
I suggest raising your own account.  I am kinda old fashioned on this.

You really are going to miss out on learning and many things by jumping ahead.    Depending on account post quality the good signature campaigns might not even want you.  A lot of these farmed accounts are utter crap on post content.

Also you will be dealing with possible shady people/shady side by doing this so possible scams.

I know I should, I plan on still using my newb account too, but for the sole purpose of having an extra income, and the fact that I don't know how long these sig campaigns are going to last. I would hate to level up all the way to Sr. In like 6 months or so with great content and all the sig campaigns are gone.

You still have a lot to learn though.  I'm honestly suprised you did not get banned for posting so many numbers earlier today with wearing a sig.  Normally that type of one liner is a temp ban.    

And if you use two accounts and use one when other is under temp ban... it becomes ban evasion.  Perma ban.  I'm telling you your on a dark road.  

Your current account posts would not be accepted by most good sig campaigns.  You have a decent amount to learn yet I think.  But I could be wrong someone else feel free to pipe in.
Pages:
Jump to: