Pages:
Author

Topic: r0ach's Cryptomarkets Watch & Scamcoin Observer - page 2. (Read 47225 times)

legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
Proof-of-work coins such as Bitcoin, Monero, and Zcash will lose all their security in the coming crisis, because miners won't be able to exchange BTC for fiat to pay their electricity.

I was looking at the last 6 Months of the US Dollar Index, and I Totally Agree with You ,   Smiley

http://www.marketwatch.com/investing/index/dxy

The US $ is Going Up,
The Best Investment at the Current Time is the US$ , not PoW Cryptos or Metals which will all collapse in price against a Strong Dollar.
Soon the Smart money players will dump everything for the US$, Charts are already starting to show it.

Cool

Activity: 336
Merit: 265
Proof-of-work coins such as Bitcoin, Monero, and Zcash will lose all their security in the coming crisis, because miners won't be able to exchange BTC for fiat to pay their electricity.

In the Econ. Total. thread I mention a little about The Road to Ruin, the brand-new book by Jim Rickards.  I just started.  I will have lots more to write about it as I explore his ideas.

Of interest is that many of his ideas, so far anyway, parallel Armstrong's ideas.

He is saying that ~2018ish when the defaults go bezerk, the central banks will be trapped, and the global elite will close the financial system, so that the elites can buy up all the distressed corporations and assets, before they reopen the financial system.

Hard assets will preserve wealth long-term but they won't be liquid during that period:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.16749910

THAT would be the acid-test of a new crypto: whether the black market guys would accept it.

I disagree. I am not here in crypto-land to create black markets. I am here to create a mainstream market of billions of people using crypto-currency.

For liquidity, you are going to need crypto-currency. And that is why you need crypto-currency with billions of users for massive liquidity. Bitcoin isn't going to get us there fast enough. That is why I will release the "Bitcoin killer" early 2017.
I have explained ad nauseum (<--- read the entire thread) that precious metals do not and will not ever again act as any form of currency.

Well, excuse us for missing your succinct rational arguments ~LOL~

If you expect complex issues to have succinct arguments, then you aren't rational.
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1068
Juicin' crypto
lmao at ppl trying to prove how wrong those who speak the truth are.

scams have been 90% of alts and will continue to be.  stop "investing" into BULLSHIT and stick with winner coins only.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014
ex uno plures
I have explained ad nauseum (<--- read the entire thread) that precious metals do not and will not ever again act as any form of currency.

Well, excuse us for missing your succinct rational arguments ~LOL~
They have you so fooled.

There is no way to be "fooled" by holding something that acts as both a commodity and currency if you buy anywhere near the bottom (silver that is, btc isn't an actual commodity).

r0ach I like you. I hope you gain rationality on this issue.
legendary
Activity: 1260
They have you so fooled.

There is no way to be "fooled" by holding something that acts as both a commodity and currency if you buy anywhere near the bottom (silver that is, btc isn't an actual commodity).
Those who stay in precious metals are going to see losses in 2017 (due to a surging dollar) and then only at most a 4 X gain from current prices over next several years.

400% gain over several years ?

Life's a bitch ~LOL~

That is the maximum possible. And good luck actually cashing out with that gain. And good luck with your governments not declaring you a terrorist and money launderer for having gold and silver.

You are walking into a hornet's nest by buying that pathetic shit. It is a trap laid for you by the psyops of the global elite. They are promoting you to buy this shit.
A segment of my reply to Anonymint's love of the USD and hatred of metals:

And a segment of my slapdown:

What kind of person willingly subjects themselves to being scammed on purpose?

Yeah. And you are being scammed, by the very group you think are fighting. They have you so fooled.

You keep repeating over and over that the world is "short US dollars".  The world is not short US dollars.  Those are called unserviceable debts.  When people have no intention of fulfilling those contracts, those are toxic assets and not shorts with any type of counter party.

They have every intention of fulfilling them. We will get a massive push back into the dollar before we get any default on dollar loans. Later yes defaults, but I am talking about what happens in 2017, not 2018 or beyond.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014
ex uno plures
Those who stay in precious metals are going to see losses in 2017 (due to a surging dollar) and then only at most a 4 X gain from current prices over next several years.

400% gain over several years ?

Life's a bitch ~LOL~
legendary
A segment of my reply to Anonymint's love of the USD and hatred of metals:

You keep repeating over and over that the world is "short US dollars" (implying there is a permanent demand to satisfy the shorts as a counter party).  The world is not short US dollars.  Those are called unserviceable debts.  When people have no intention of fulfilling those contracts, those are toxic assets and not shorts with any type of counter party.

On the other hand, when you see places like Comex running unallocated, fractional reserve gold at 100:1 or more, those actually are shorts because the demand on the object for which they are attached never goes to zero unlike the bond market.
Any one buying precious metals right now and not Bitcoin @$700 is an idiot.

You should be buying BTC aggressively and plan to diversify into any best-of-breed altcoins at the right timing. For example, once XMR and ZEC (Zcash) bottoms, you should be buying aggressively, which will probably after the current up move in BTC matures.

Those in solid crypto-currency speculations are going to see 10 - 100 X gain in that same timeframe.
BTC is likely only a pause as some are taking profits out at $700+ to altcoins. After that is complete, it should resume move up and they will come racing back in dumping altcoins even more feverishly for BTC.
I actually find it funny how all the altcoin lovers that preach against Bitcoin being slow and not profitable enough, are now selling their so loved altcoins for BTC in order to benefit from the increase lately. Cheesy

Those who want more profits try to trade between BTC and altcoins on a see-saw. After BTC peaks, then the altcoins go on a run up, as BTC runs out to altcoins. Then back to BTC or hold in dollars again. Repeat.

Also taking speculations on ICO and mined launches of best-of-breed altcoins has been a way to accumulate more BTC.

Smart money wants to build their stack of BTC any way they can and doesn't waste time with hands-tied-behind-back perma-bull, uni-asset ideology.

Crypto-curreny is an ecosystem. Not a monotheism. Leave the religion to the losers. Smart money is objective.
Poloniex is getting slammed. The pages will only load sometimes. Panic altcoin selling, BTC buying.

I tried to tell you all to buy at $660, because I could sense it was getting ready to break out over $700.

Next stop is high $700s ($800ish) at the cup & handle, which is what I predicted on Sept 3. It was the only prediction I made. I am not cherry picking from several statements I made.
r0ach do you have any analysis you can share on the likely direction of the BTC price between now and December? Impact on altcoin prices?

I had written in your blog last month that this looks like a pause on the way for probably all time highs, given a cpu&handle at $700. What are you seeing in your current analysis?

See also this thread in the Economic -> Speculation:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.16682094

Buy when others are irrationally pessimistic:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/speculation-rule-buy-when-others-are-irrationally-pessimistic-or-too-cautious-1663070

https://steemit.com/money/@anonymint/speculation-rule-buy-when-others-are-irrationally-pessimistic-cautious
r0ach do you have any analysis you can share on the likely direction of the BTC price between now and December? Impact on altcoin prices?

I had written in your blog last month that this looks like a pause on the way for probably all time highs, given a cpu&handle at $700. What are you seeing in your current analysis?

See also this thread in the Economic -> Speculation:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.16682094
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660
lose: unfind ... loose: untight
To reply to earlier posts here..

i don't think the US President has enough to power abolish FIAT paper Money then force a move to "Metals"

To reply to an earlier post...

You might wanna ask JFK how that worked out for him.
But the fact is, no assets exist in vacuum.  If something like Bitcoin is running strong, it tends to mean fiat is running weak and vice versa.  You can't talk about alts without talking about what the Bitcoin market is doing, and you can't talk about what Bitcoin is doing without talking about fiat, interest rates, debt markets, and things like metals too.

This isn't the Altcoin Discussion thread for higher enlightenment. Can't you read, it says "Altcoin Scams Newbie Funnel".

Seriously though I think mprep just misinterpreted or got a little overzealous. But maybe our apocalypse tangent was what set him off. I can somewhat understand why it might.

I think he'd like us to keep the focus on altcoins and not end of the world. Sort of makes sense. Especially for me if I want create an altcoin.
legendary
But the fact is, no assets exist in a vacuum.  If something like Bitcoin is running strong, it tends to mean fiat is running weak and vice versa.  You can't talk about alts without talking about what the Bitcoin market is doing, and you can't talk about what Bitcoin is doing without talking about fiat, interest rates, debt markets, and things like metals too.
Pages:
Jump to: