Pages:
Author

Topic: [RADS] Radium - Decentralized Identities, Custom Assets, Elections, and More! - page 61. (Read 579162 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 440
So, basically, there will be a version 1.4.7 first, and then the 1.5.0. Can I just install the versions and let the coins stay in my wallet?
yes, you must save coins in your local wallet if you want to stake, in case of new version you just install new .exe and that's it - the coins stay safe. Just make the backup of your wallet.dat first time for any emergency case.
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
The Tao of Crypto
So, basically, there will be a version 1.4.7 first, and then the 1.5.0. Can I just install the versions and let the coins stay in my wallet?
Stratis platform

BTW, do you know that RADS has POS ~20% versus ~5% on STRAT, having market cap=20m against strat=800m
I holding strat also, but just on a note

So you can buy some RADS, additionally to STRAT, it's on the solid bottom right now.
Especially since rads has the same wallet client as strat for POS (they both were build from the same fork of BLK), so the staking will be familiar to STRAT guys.
So, it's easy - as RADS already has the working product for years and has the specific features which Strat doesn't have (verify mgmt, blch voting for ex and etc), so devs don't want be dependent from not own platform to realize new futures they want.
Why dont Radium rather convert to a token on the Stratis platform once everything is in place? Much less effort than to maintain a separate code base.

As you can see the full text in RADS blogpost - https://blog.radiumcore.org/radium-update-39-core-protocol-upgrade-smartchain-vote-proposal-691014e54a1f

Proposal #1: A New Codebase

Our first suggestion is to fork the Radium blockchain away from a Bitcoin-based codebase, and towards a more ideal codebase: Stratis.

We feel that rebasing Radium to the Stratis protocol will transform development from supporting an old Bitcoin codebase, to supporting and flourishing under a new paradigm of smart contracts and an easily maintainable C# core protocol. Once a fork to the Stratis protocol is complete, development will move at a much more rapid pace. The core Radium protocol will be easily maintainable at parity with Stratis/Breeze, as well as easily extensible and auditable by the expanding community of C# .NET developers. New features which do not require integration into the core network can be developed using smart contracts.
Activity: 150
Merit: 100
Why dont Radium rather convert to a token on the Stratis platform once everything is in place? Much less effort than to maintain a separate code base.

Radium wants its own platform.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013
23%!!

Block count: 1,291,167
Staking weight: 1,128,263.17 RADS
Staking Return: 23.29 %
Difficulty: 87,029
Coin supply: 3,405,166.59 RADS
Blockchain size: 600.8 MB
Wish i could help, but im not a linux guy Sad
Activity: 671
Merit: 501
Blockchain and stuff
Wanna help?

I am working on the speed of initial peer discovery for new wallets, and could use feedback

On a fresh  linux, or at least one with the peers.dat removed and no addnodes configured in the config files, build both https://github.com/RadiumCore/Radium and https://github.com/JJ12880/Radium and run them with different data directories (--datadir=) and ports (--port=1234)

I want to see your logs, and if one gets peers faster than the other. 

Thanks
JJ
Activity: 301
Merit: 250
Added to my position with the gift prices yesterday. Patience will be rewarded greatly with this one.  Cool
Radium Update #40 — Core Protocol Upgrade Plan

Following on from the successful SmartChain governance votes on our
proposed Radium Core protocol upgrade proposals (you can read about this here)
we would like to share our rough time frame for the various updates we have planned.

The plan is to split the upgrade into two phases. Phase 1 will consist of hard fork
level changes to the Radium protocol and Phase 2 will be consist of porting the
Radium Core wallet to a Stratis codebase. For more details please see below.

Phase 1: Hard fork current C++ codebase

Implementing the approved developer fund subsidy and increase in block maturity
requirements are protocol changes which require a hard fork of the Radium Network.
In the interest of time this will be done before we transition to the Stratis C# codebase.
Below is a non-extensive list of what we have planned for this protocol update:

• Increasing coin stake maturity requirements
  • Implementing a developer fund block subsidy
  • Adjusting our inflation curve to reflect the introduction of a developer block subsidy
    in order to keep the maximum total supply of Radium at 9,000,000 RADS
  • Increasing the size of op_return transactions
  • Improved initial node discovery

Once the improvements have been implemented and fully tested, we will post a full
changelog for additional review. This new version will be referred to as Radium v1.5.0,
and we expect completion of testing early next year.

As with all our forks, we will be providing ample time (4–8 weeks) for both our users
and critical infrastructure (exchanges, explorers, etc.) to update their nodes and software.

Phase 2: Stratis C# Codebase

Phase 2 will consist of porting our codebase to a Stratis C# implementation. We are in
communication with the Stratis core developers and will strive to have a Radium C#
implementation as soon as Stratis releases their production version. Although we don’t
have an exact timeline for when this will happen (we have been informed it will likely be
2–3 months) we would like to have this ready in the first half of 2018.

We would also like to add that we are working diligently on getting a new website ready
as well as working with various members of the community and external consultants to
develop the Radium brand and increase our exposure and impact through marketing.
More details on this soon.

— The Radium Team
Activity: 517
Merit: 500
aka alaniz
Try adding nodes from here:

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/rads/#!network

How can I add the nodes ?

I try add a file 'radium.conf'  but it doesn't work ..

Add the nodes with the "addnode=" in your radium.conf and restart your wallet. If that does not work try adding the following:

connect=54.250.244.93
connect=52.54.136.169
connect=32.229.201.149
connect=54.93.52.131
Activity: 517
Merit: 500
aka alaniz
Radium Update #40 — Core Protocol Upgrade Plan

Please find our latest blog post here:

https://blog.radiumcore.org/radium-update-40-core-protocol-upgrade-plan-f3ce52135120
Activity: 4
Merit: 0

How can I add the nodes ?

I try add a file 'radium.conf'  but it doesn't work ..
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
The Tao of Crypto
Does any one here having problem on synchronizing the wallet? It suddenly not working and i don't if i need to rewrite the conf of radium wallet?

When it comes to staking, i didn't receive any since it taking days to accumulate.

Pages:
Jump to: