Pages:
Author

Topic: RaiBlocks forking project - page 4. (Read 10561 times)

legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047
August 12, 2016, 01:36:18 PM
As i read launch will be  1st Septemper? or im wrong/./.? if im right i think launch new raiblocks in one month is very hard )
But i think it will work withaut problems and not same as old raibloks

No, I wrote we'll take the snapshot of RaiBlocks blockchain on 1st Septemer 2016. Each amount in that addresses will be cloned in the new coin. In this way, using same seed generation, you'll have the same quantity on your new wallet.

There is no problem with the launching date as long as everything is going smooth.It's not easy to clone one coin and the developer needs a lot of time to figure where will problem will come out I'm glad that you guys take this challenge there is indeed a big clamor for this kind of crypto currency ..
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
August 12, 2016, 11:36:41 AM
As i read launch will be  1st Septemper? or im wrong/./.? if im right i think launch new raiblocks in one month is very hard )

No, I wrote we'll take the snapshot of RaiBlocks blockchain on 1st Septemer 2016. Each amount in that addresses will be cloned in the new coin. In this way, using same seed generation, you'll have the same quantity on your new wallet.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
August 12, 2016, 11:34:45 AM
August 12, 2016, 11:30:22 AM
This is one of the possible logo Wink

(And my favourite)

or

or

or

or (best IMO)

August 12, 2016, 11:01:33 AM
"the investor"

there is no investor
you are the investor supposed to buy their fork

Stay in topic. Thank you.

We are working on it seriously.

Can I see the commits, please? Not blaming you, this is a natural thing to do

We'll release sources and more when we are ready.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090
=== NODE IS OK! ==
August 12, 2016, 11:00:20 AM
"the investor"

there is no investor

Can I see the commits, please? Not blaming you, this is a natural thing to do
August 12, 2016, 10:56:05 AM
"the investor"

there is no investor

legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090
=== NODE IS OK! ==
August 12, 2016, 10:51:34 AM
"the investor"

there is no investor
August 12, 2016, 10:49:31 AM
You won't loose your cloned funds, maybe you could loose some Faucet funds, but we'll do our best to make ofter chain backup and restore if problems happen.
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1214
Payment Gateway Allows Recurring Payments
August 12, 2016, 10:44:33 AM
COMMUNITY QUESTION #2

Would you like to start a new wallet, with new chain, new faucet to try to find the rollback problem risking to loose some funds from rollback?

We think the best way to track (if exist) the rollback bug is see in action with thousands of transactions.

This is my own opinion only but you need to set up a poll for this,I prefer a new wallet with new chain and faucet,it's like starting all over again with everything new and equal terms it's ok for me to loose my funds for the sake of the new chain..

The funds will be cloned, we'll save the current BC status to restore funds to addresses.

We want to know if you'ld like to run the risk again to detect the rollback problem. Can just happen that you loose money from the captcha for the rollback, but i think is the best way to go on.
Again running a poll will give you an idea who are for and against,but smooth transition that we can still maintain the old funds would be great to the community,but if there's no option then it;s ok for me to lose my funds it's only my opinion..
August 12, 2016, 08:36:00 AM
I mean, our first goal is get a secure wallet and protocol with no forks and rollback.

When we reach a good point, we'll just send to addresses the old funds. We won't send funds until we come out from experimental phase.
August 12, 2016, 08:33:21 AM
COMMUNITY QUESTION #2

Would you like to start a new wallet, with new chain, new faucet to try to find the rollback problem risking to loose some funds from rollback?

We think the best way to track (if exist) the rollback bug is see in action with thousands of transactions.

This is my own opinion only but you need to set up a poll for this,I prefer a new wallet with new chain and faucet,it's like starting all over again with everything new and equal terms it's ok for me to loose my funds for the sake of the new chain..

The funds will be cloned, we'll save the current BC status to restore funds to addresses.

We want to know if you'ld like to run the risk again to detect the rollback problem. Can just happen that you loose money from the captcha for the rollback, but i think is the best way to go on.

I'm not entirely sure i understand the situation you're talking about. Are the old funds in risk , or could we lose new mrai coins on new fork (that we will aquire) ?
Even if previous funds are lost, it would be of upmost importance not to have issues once the fork happens.
As far as client wallet is concerned - to me personally it makes no difference if it's entirely new, or just old one , just edited .

Whatever you do, i would advise you that you do it as promptly as possible, while the people still remember the old mrai project, with all it's advantages.

No, old funds are saved, safe in backup. Will be always restored if needed.
I'm talking about funds from new faucet.
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
PM me to buy traffic for your site!
August 12, 2016, 07:58:52 AM
COMMUNITY QUESTION #2

I'm not entirely sure i understand the situation you're talking about. Are the old funds in risk , or could we lose new mrai coins on new fork (that we will aquire) ?
Even if previous funds are lost, it would be of upmost importance not to have issues once the fork happens.
As far as client wallet is concerned - to me personally it makes no difference if it's entirely new, or just old one , just edited .

Whatever you do, i would advise you that you do it as promptly as possible, while the people still remember the old mrai project, with all it's advantages.
August 12, 2016, 03:39:21 AM
COMMUNITY QUESTION #2

legendary
August 11, 2016, 10:38:15 PM
COMMUNITY QUESTION #2

August 11, 2016, 05:23:00 PM
COMMUNITY QUESTION #2

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin
August 11, 2016, 05:34:02 AM
I have one guy who is a dev of one coin also with the same personal issue,that issue has persist for quite some time..The dev of old mrai could have made a lot of money from this if he can just set aside at least 3 days a week to fix the issue but unfortunately he would not..

Not knowing what exactly is the cause of him being away (the seriousness of it) makes us only guessing the outcome and future of the original raiblocks chain,
but that's where the fork comes into play. I really hop they will do a better job at maintaining the coin and overall presence of the project fork. Time will tell.

right. and i don't think it was a matter of money as i remember early on i had talked with colin asked him if i could support him with some BTC in return for some MRai (hoping to turn a profit for myself later of course), and he had declined my offer of financial investment, said he wasent taking any community funds at the moment, so i dont THINK it was about $$$, but ya who knows? a shame tho,
happy to see this project rolling Wink

After the fail funding of one guy I thought this project is gone for good fortunately we had a guy who is willing to take it over without asking for funds in the community now the community is alive again and ready to work again on the success of the project..

I'm pretty sure the first talk about forking , with an ICO - was all about him just taking  the money. Glad to see that failed, just like i said it would.
legendary
August 10, 2016, 08:53:34 PM
I have one guy who is a dev of one coin also with the same personal issue,that issue has persist for quite some time..The dev of old mrai could have made a lot of money from this if he can just set aside at least 3 days a week to fix the issue but unfortunately he would not..

Not knowing what exactly is the cause of him being away (the seriousness of it) makes us only guessing the outcome and future of the original raiblocks chain,
but that's where the fork comes into play. I really hop they will do a better job at maintaining the coin and overall presence of the project fork. Time will tell.

right. and i don't think it was a matter of money as i remember early on i had talked with colin asked him if i could support him with some BTC in return for some MRai (hoping to turn a profit for myself later of course), and he had declined my offer of financial investment, said he wasent taking any community funds at the moment, so i dont THINK it was about $$$, but ya who knows? a shame tho,

After the fail funding of one guy I thought this project is gone for good fortunately we had a guy who is willing to take it over without asking for funds in the community now the community is alive again and ready to work again on the success of the project..
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092
~Full-Time Minter since 2016~
August 10, 2016, 02:22:05 PM

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin
August 10, 2016, 02:12:12 PM

Pages:
Jump to: