Pages:
Author

Topic: Re: 10th anniversary art contest - page 6. (Read 6418 times)

legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
November 15, 2019, 11:50:56 AM
Apparently your archive link is pointing October 19 for the post without reference and not October 21.
The archive shows your post as it was on October 21:
         Image loading...

And the post itself inside the archive shows it was edited after (almost) a day, still without credits:
         Image loading...

This means you're lying here:
Actually I added credits to the website minutes later

You've been tagged by ibminer already, at theymos' request:
- If people are stealing artwork (ie. not just using stock images, but true plagiarism), leave them negative trust.
Activity: 350
Merit: 144
November 15, 2019, 11:02:48 AM
Hello there!
Actually I added credits to the website minutes later, the "2 days later" edit you are talking about is actually the 2nd edit where I fixed a typo as you can see here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.52815329 <...>
Quoted and archived

Judging by the snapshot of your post in the web-archive, it's not true.
You published the picture on October 19 and in the morning of October 21 it still was without any reference to the original source: http://archive.li/Om84c#selection-8461.1-8461.4

And apparently you also sent 20 merit to your another profile othell_rogue for this comment (Archive)

Proof of connection:

3L1NEFH3VZNGb37jvuSpfKXRYgPuhkExD2
(Archive)

Quote from: othell_rogue
(Archive)

Apparently your archive link is pointing October 19 for the post without reference and not October 21. And as a side fact the original source is unknown because the base image is from a contest from 2011 but I credited freedom.org anyway because they held the contest. Anyway my mistake since I posted in a hurry.

As for the merit points, I think I can merit anyone I want how much points I want, ofc in the limit of 50/month. Same with the wallet, I can donate my money (BTC in this case) to anyone I want.
For your knowledge that wallet is from a donation fund of a project I hold a bag of coins, as you can see below and check on their discord #general -> pinned messages.
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1727
Be A Hope
November 15, 2019, 09:12:08 AM
by the way, my avatar: https://i.ibb.co/DtyZqdV/images-5.jpg  : )
By the way, i can create Squidward art with your version if you want.
Yes please : )

I'm a designer and writer. Lord of the Rings and GOT fans.
The avatars I usually use:
1 2

It caught my attention among the studies. I like that idea and music. This work is original. Very interesting to listen to blockchain

Bitcoin sounds

I took the hashes of the first five bitcoin blocks and turned them into sound with the Sonification Sandbox.

For a Bitcoin sonification, I chose a drum instrument which complies in my mind with the vision of "blocks" and "technology".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYT721dbbFM
Activity: 555
Merit: 271
November 15, 2019, 09:02:58 AM
I already create 30 images Squidward Art Version. My target is 50 images.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.52846255
I will accept request from anyone who want to i add in my Squidward Art.
Pm me and send your request guys.
by the way, my avatar: https://i.ibb.co/DtyZqdV/images-5.jpg  : )
By the way, i can create Squidward art with your version if you want.
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1727
Be A Hope
November 15, 2019, 08:25:31 AM
Wow this is great artwork. I like the voice when click some art.
Thanks to add my artwork in there.

Thank you so much. Appreciation of the work, even interpretation or click makes you happy. That's enough for me Smiley

Your work is great, by the way, my avatar: https://i.ibb.co/DtyZqdV/images-5.jpg  : )
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1653
Rêlêå§ê ¥ðµr MïñÐ
November 15, 2019, 03:32:09 AM
nc50lc,
it's a shame that because of that plagiarism we couldn't see "The Last Supper" in your performance.   Sad
Given your skills, it would be a decent artwork.

-snip-
Happy 10th anniversary community!
Crap, that was my initial idea (last supper in birthday setup) Sad
Gotta move to plan B. <...>
legendary
Activity: 2394
Merit: 5531
Self-proclaimed Genius
November 15, 2019, 03:11:00 AM
Actually I added credits to the website minutes later, the "2 days later" edit you are talking about is actually the 2nd edit where I fixed a typo as you can see here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.52815329
So you're talking about my comment to your artwork about a typo.
Hmm, I distinctly remember that there's no credit link whatsoever in that post when I merited it (it's about 3hrs later) so, you must be lying.

Otherwise, I wont send any merit since I personally dislike "copy->edit arts".
legendary
Rêlêå§ê ¥ðµr MïñÐ
November 15, 2019, 03:03:22 AM
Hello there!
Actually I added credits to the website minutes later, the "2 days later" edit you are talking about is actually the 2nd edit where I fixed a typo as you can see here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.52815329 <...>
Quoted and archived

Judging by the snapshot of your post in the web-archive, it's not true.
You published the picture on October 19 and in the morning of October 21 it still was without any reference to the original source: http://archive.li/Om84c#selection-8461.1-8461.4

And apparently you also sent 20 merit to your another profile othell_rogue for this comment (Archive)

Proof of connection:

(Archive)

Quote from: othell_rogue
(Archive)
Activity: 350
Merit: 144
November 15, 2019, 01:24:19 AM
One member, which received more than 100 merit in the art contest topic, wrote that he took the "base image" from another website, but at the same time his nickname is specified on the picture.
I suppose, this can make a confusion that this user painted most of the image.
I wouldn't know if this is "common" to do on artwork or not, but it is indeed confusing. Note that he originally posted it without Credits, and edited his post 2 days later. I can't know for sure when during those 2 days the Credits were added.
It's still funny and fits the contest.

Hello there!
Actually I added credits to the website minutes later, the "2 days later" edit you are talking about is actually the 2nd edit where I fixed a typo as you can see here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.52815329

I feel like this should be considered true plagiarism. It's crazy it received so much merit, only if the guy drew these images himself should it deserve that much merit.

And why is that? Because you didn't got as much merits as me? I can also say you plagiarized your entry as I don't think you made the background image yourself, is just downloaded from the internet and you have just put a trophy and a box to cover some details like a chip or something. So don't talk and especially don't give negative trust for plagiarism when you also make it.

P.S. Bitcointalk funny thing: a plagiarist who is calling others plagiarists getting merited.
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 10758
There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain
November 14, 2019, 02:22:53 PM
<…>
The artwork on both images seems to be the same physical one (the woodmark patters are the same), so it is at least from back in 2014. Whether they are the same person (@LeafAndWood and @YesterdaysNews2) is the core question. Could be. Then there is the fact that presenting an artwork that is around 5 years old is a "fair" candidate really.

Edit:
Here's a new shot with a floating back frame, ready to hang on your wall. Be the cool kid on your block!

There was a profile back in 2014, @BitArtist, selling the same artwork here, on Bitcointalk.

Are @LeafAndWood and @YesterdaysNews2, and now @BitArtist all the same? Is a 2014 original in any case a valid candidate?
Maybe asking for artworks to be created from the date of the beginning of the contest onwards would have being simpler.

legendary
Activity: 1789
Merit: 2535
Goonies never say die.
November 14, 2019, 01:45:45 PM
How about this one:

As long as this guy has some way to confirm he is "YesterdaysNews2" from reddit, it wouldn't be considered plagiarism. Whether or not it should be considered a valid entry.. I'd say probably not. Not specifically related to bitcointalk, and obviously didn't spend any time on it for this contest.

However, something doesn't sit right with me and this account acting like they are "Leafandwoodshop.com". He's only once mentioned the website and started his first post saying he accepts BTC only. Why wouldn't they be linking to their own website and also accepting BTC?  "Leafandwoodshop.com" obviously accepts other payment types.

He also links all of his images through imgur.com. It seems to me that if "leadandwoodshop.com" were going to come here to sell their products, they'd be linking to their own website images and would just add a bitcoin payment option.... so it smells odd to me, not entirely impossible though.

Someone may want to reach out to leafandwoodshop.com and see if they are trying to sell their items on this forum.
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 10758
There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain
November 14, 2019, 01:15:08 PM
How about this one:
This is a piece of maple plywood that i cnc routered the prison where Ross Ulricth of Silk Road was being held while awaiting trial.

The prison is not too far from my wood shop. The wallet address was supposed to be the wallet address of the site but I’m off a number.

The gird is a pattern I’ve drawn my whole life.

Fun contest!

https://imgur.com/gallery/J7jTBIC

153nwnRYUWBCatg1MK38Efera7SbEkXqEW

It dates back to 2014 ...
http://www.logicoins.org/10-impressive-bitcoin-inspired-art-pieces (Entry Nº 5)
https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/28decq/silk_road_prisonart/
https://imgur.com/pQ8F2X9

(different wall, but same product. Could be more than one around from original artist).

legendary
November 14, 2019, 12:08:48 PM
I have a question if I hand-drawn a picture from one original image online should I be liable to credit the source of it as well even though I've already added some tweaks over the original image?
When in doubt: add credits Smiley
Activity: 2002
Merit: 578
November 14, 2019, 11:51:30 AM
Isn't this a bannable offense, because unlike Laskoo, xolxol doesn't show any original source at all.
Somehow I think it should be a bannable offense, and judging by the account of xolxol negative trust wouldn't be of use as he has already.

I have a question if I hand-drawn a picture from one original image online should I be liable to credit the source of it as well even though I've already added some tweaks over the original image?
legendary
November 14, 2019, 11:27:33 AM
Composition which got over 70 merit
This one also received 50 Merit from theymos. I guess theymos isn't used to check/hunt for plagiarism.
Isn't this a bannable offense, because unlike Laskoo, xolxol doesn't show any original source at all.

Judging by the Merit amounts, theymos is really looking for "original artwork", but those 2 examples clearly aren't original.
legendary
Rêlêå§ê ¥ðµr MïñÐ
November 14, 2019, 10:52:02 AM
<...>
 - If people are stealing artwork (ie. not just using stock images, but true plagiarism), leave them negative trust.
 - If I give someone 10+ merit but the artwork is much simpler than it appears at first (eg. a fairly simple manipulation of something that already existed), post about it in this thread.
<...>

Composition which got over 70 merit

Heres my entry  Grin peace out

MY ADDRESS 37Lk8XX9jQeMiauDT2ChnFZRuJXx7Rh2bx

Original pictures:

legendary
November 14, 2019, 08:29:36 AM
How does it fit the contest??
It includes Bitcointalk usernames in a fun way. But I don't think this low-effort deserves that much Merit.

Post original bitcointalk.org art in this thread along with a Bitcoin address. Any art you post must be created by you.
I feel like this should be considered true plagiarism. It's crazy it received so much merit, only if the guy drew these images himself should it deserve that much merit.
Adding his own username to an image he took from someone else is indeed very bad. I'm not sure if the Credits-link is enough to stop it from being plagiarism.

I must admit I didn't read the Credits-link when I merited the post (with 2 Merit). That's on me though.
Activity: 555
Merit: 271
November 14, 2019, 08:13:36 AM
Wow this is great artwork. I like the voice when click some art.
Thanks to add my artwork in there.
legendary
Activity: 1789
Merit: 2535
Goonies never say die.
November 14, 2019, 08:00:13 AM

How does it fit the contest??

Post original bitcointalk.org art in this thread along with a Bitcoin address. Any art you post must be created by you.

Also, even if he gives "credits", it doesn't mean the artist that created it is ok with him taking it and defacing it, then entering it into a contest. He didn't create anything unique or original, merely defaced another groups artwork without their permission and then wrote his name on it as if he did it, then entered it into a contest meant for unique and original artwork. The fact that he posted it without any credit, and signed his name on it, says to me he meant to steal it as his own work.

Had I of known I just had to come up with funny comments to plaster onto someone else's image, I don't know why I would have spent so much of my time creating a unique piece of work.

This dude didn't even take the time to center his text in his the artists chat/thought bubbles and gets over 100 merit. lol Roll Eyes  

At best, it's an insult to those that spent actual time with their work.
legendary
November 14, 2019, 07:08:07 AM
One member, which received more than 100 merit in the art contest topic, wrote that he took the "base image" from another website, but at the same time his nickname is specified on the picture.
I suppose, this can make a confusion that this user painted most of the image.
I wouldn't know if this is "common" to do on artwork or not, but it is indeed confusing. Note that he originally posted it without Credits, and edited his post 2 days later. I can't know for sure when during those 2 days the Credits were added.
Pages:
Jump to: