Pages:
Author

Topic: Re: 10th anniversary art contest - page 10. (Read 6418 times)

legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1727
Be A Hope
November 01, 2019, 03:09:30 PM
Is it the person or the art that will be appreciated?
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 12081
BTC + Crossfit, living life.
November 01, 2019, 01:44:31 PM
I already make 15 images about top users Bitcointalk in Squidward Art version.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.52846255

I want to make more than 50, but i think my work will spam only.
So guys, is my work only spam ?

Damn I would have liked one as well Cheesy

Avatars when I drink, poker, my GF's dog, the awesome dude etc

Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1165
🤩Finally Married🤩
November 01, 2019, 12:45:49 PM
The contest have almost 800 entries by now, are we still confident that theymos will look over this arts? I'm a bit worried for my 1st entry, I haven't finished it yet but it's almost done. Have everybody gone through a maximum effort just to make a fair judgement on every entries of every users?

Although some doesn't make any sense, just being honest.

Would also like to make a request for I want to have your mindblown on how you'll gonna portrait me. LoL, am not that famous enough though.

legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
November 01, 2019, 10:51:10 AM

Don't stop! I actually recognize some of the images, so keep going Smiley
Activity: 555
Merit: 271
November 01, 2019, 06:23:28 AM
I think it's creative and I would love to have one Cheesy
Thanks
I want to create 1 for you but i only create this idea from username/their avatar, so i don't know must create you from where. Maybe you can request in PM.
It's certainly far more inspired than most of the spam being posted. Carry on.
Thanks for your support, i will create more  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 4326
Merit: 3041
Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023
November 01, 2019, 05:30:06 AM
It's certainly far more inspired than most of the spam being posted. Carry on.
copper member
Activity: 3892
Merit: 2197
Verified awesomeness ✔
November 01, 2019, 05:20:28 AM

I think it's creative and I would love to have one Cheesy
Activity: 555
Merit: 271
November 01, 2019, 05:16:38 AM

copper member
Activity: 3892
Merit: 2197
Verified awesomeness ✔
November 01, 2019, 05:00:57 AM
I am almost out of merit since I've merited 118 posts in the art contest. I hope the merit source replenishment happens soon. Tongue
Activity: 2590
Merit: 549
Rollbit
November 01, 2019, 01:22:53 AM

Regardless of the quality of the entries I think entrants should be restricted to a single post. If they have more than one entry, they should just put them all in the same post.

I'm somehow guilty by the statement above. I had 2 entries in 2 different post in the thread due to the number of traffic in the thread and users who had more than 2 or 3 entries in a separate post as well. Thus, making my entry drowned by all other entries and I dont want my hours of work just to be drowned by an art made with just few minutes with less effort visible than mine.

Anyway, Im planning to add my last entry to make it 3, but im posting it under my first post in the thread.
I hope other users will follow suit.
Since theymos did not mentioned anything about making multiple entries in a single post, that gives enough reason for the other users (Ive seen a few) to seize the opportunity to flood a lot of entries just to make it visible to everyone.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1007
Degen in the Space
October 27, 2019, 07:25:54 PM
Close enough to my old topic : Smerit for art which was a tiny initiative to uncover hidden talents.

Regardless of the quality of the entries I think entrants should be restricted to a single post. If they have more than one entry, they should just put them all in the same post.
I agree with you. Prefer to see 1 high quality art rather than 10 LQ ones..

Agree, people will not notice that it's their nth entry and merits will be given to that post again. There's a lot of worthy artworks out there that should be given by merits also so let's not waste on nth entries. We should make at least 1-2 entries and that's enough. Don't make another entry just because people wanted that type of style and you wanted to have an art that is similar to those. I think 1 is enough and the uniqueness is prior to this contest.
legendary
Activity: 3178
Merit: 1140
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
October 27, 2019, 02:42:05 PM
Close enough to my old topic : Smerit for art which was a tiny initiative to uncover hidden talents.

I agree with you. Prefer to see 1 high quality art rather than 10 LQ ones..
legendary
🤩Finally Married🤩
October 25, 2019, 07:46:03 PM
they should focus on quality over quantity.

They actually think the more they submit, the more chances of winning this contest,  besides it will limit the other participants to think for another great idea to make.
Although we have countless of arts that can be identified but the fact that the users are just having a focus onthe anniversary that makes them have a limited ideas.

We can't expect anyone to be a painter.
Yeah, but the fact that a number of users does like paintings, then the others would think they should go for that kind of art.
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112
October 25, 2019, 06:51:40 AM

In this way, it would be difficult to evaluate each study separately.

So people should be allowed to submit 20 different 5-minute entries as separate posts and drown out the people who instead spend hours on their work, because putting them in one post might make it 'hard to evaluate'?

I don't think it's reasonable that one person should be allowed to drown out others for the sake of it. If someone wants their work to be evaluated in detail, they should focus on quality over quantity.
legendary
Be A Hope
October 25, 2019, 06:35:23 AM

In this way, it would be difficult to evaluate each study separately.
legendary
October 25, 2019, 06:26:30 AM
Edit: on this topic, could we restrict users to 1 post in the competition perhaps? If they want to submit multiple entries it should be done in 1 post, at this rate the competition thread is going to be approaching 100 pages by the time the competition finishes!
I'm going to re-iterate that I think this should be the rule. There are a lot of entrants and I think it's very, very unfair to the people who have clearly spent an insane amount of time on their entries to get drowned out by 5-10+ entries from a single person, each in a separate post with links to all their other entries, and so on and so forth.

legendary
Be A Hope
October 25, 2019, 05:06:19 AM
What do you think is art?

I think it's depth of thought and meaning.

Michelangelo's Creation of Adam fresco became famous for expressing ideas. Not because it's crayon.
Picasso's Guernica painting was the best because he summarized an event. Not because the figures are so beautiful.

That's why I think @trendcoin's sharing with dildo is more artistic. It was a summary of what happened on the chart Bitcoin.
We can't expect anyone to be a painter. But ideas and depth of meaning should be valued.
Or, It was a deep idea to put a bitcoin logo in "Girl with a pearl earring" table. (@Yatsan)
Combining all avatars in a single photo was also meaningful. (@LoyceV)
etc...
legendary
🤩Finally Married🤩
October 25, 2019, 02:26:34 AM
When you have a feeling that everyone didn't notice your works...

https://images.plurk.com/3Mdlg94cAuraR9JrNeXVQ7.gif

And yet you want to be noticed by them #NoticeMeSenpai
legendary
October 24, 2019, 04:21:12 PM
I can't stop myself from doing work. I've done 6-7 work (Video, gif, picture) so far. I hope this is not a problem.

I've not seen your work; however, I'd recommend producing one good quality work rather than producing so much material.
But different ideas, different arts...
Like this:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.52865068

I hope assessment be made as a work, not as a person. New ideas come to mind constantly.

My problem with a lot of what you've made is that it seems to mostly be coming out of pre-made tools and templates, wordcloud generators, so on and so forth. I think if you took some of your ideas and went pen-to-paper, paint-to-canvas, or even just went into Photoshop or paint.NET and played around with some drawings, it'd come off a lot better.

That's not to say your stuff isn't without merit, you have some good ideas, but there are many other people entering entries and it doesn't seem fair to me if you bury their stuff out by constantly submitting entries, which then link to all your other entries and take up a ton of space in the thread, etc.

Edit: on this topic, could we restrict users to 1 post in the competition perhaps? If they want to submit multiple entries it should be done in 1 post, at this rate the competition thread is going to be approaching 100 pages by the time the competition finishes!
legendary
Be A Hope
October 24, 2019, 04:17:39 PM
I can't stop myself from doing work. I've done 6-7 work (Video, gif, picture) so far. I hope this is not a problem.

I've not seen your work; however, I'd recommend producing one good quality work rather than producing so much material.
But different ideas, different arts...
Like this:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.52865068

I hope assessment be made as a work, not as a person. New ideas come to mind constantly.
Pages:
Jump to: