Author

Topic: Re: [AXIOM] AxiomMemHash, Schnorr Sigs Implemented, APOS 3.0, AXH 2.0 Proposed - page 115. (Read 204903 times)

legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013
the more balance i have the more coins i can stake ?ryt?

It depends how the staking works. With % based staking then the reward is based on a % of the coins you have in your wallet similar to interest. With fixed block rewards you get the same reward whether you hit a block with 1 coin or 10000 coins. In the last case the more coins you have the more tickets you have bought to the lottery and he higher your chance of hitting that block with the fixed reward and the quicker the time will be between your wallet hitting blocks. Axiom falls in the second category.
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---
if my qt wallet balance is zero,can i stake ?

not normally ...

staking 'normally' requires funds to stake off ...

unless of course your are solomining and THEN staking off the mined coins ...

#crysx

thats the way most staking coins work - yes ...

if this coin is different - i am not aware of it ...

but it will be easy to see in the first hour of use ... if your wallet is open and no coins in it - the wallet will probably have no staking at all ...

put coins in it - it should start ( what is the coin maturity / time to stake? ) ...

too lazy to check at the moment - working on recompiles in the farm ...

#crysx
Activity: 615
Merit: 250

not normally ...

#crysx
legendary

not normally ...

#crysx
legendary
Very Skeptical of this GPU miner, can we test it or perhaps see a worker name for it on the pool to verify?

I understand the skepticism, this is BitcoinTalk after all. I've been a trusted member of this community long enough that I would not want a reputation stain for the sake of a couple BTCs. That said, please go ahead and ping me on IRC and we can work out a reasonable proof system.

myagui - would you recommend this miner for linux systems mining under fedora 19 x64 with amd - and fedora 20 x64 with nvidia cards? ... or can this me an addition to the spmod fork of ccminer? or sgminer-dev? ...

btw guys - myagui is a highly respected member of the crypto community and dev community ... if he says that something is doing 'this' or 'that' - you can bet your btc he means it ...

#crysx
legendary
how to stake,and how much i can make from staking if i have 10k coins ? please

Currently stakes are 60 coins per block. The 10k example was an arbitrary reference. Buy what you can afford but at the moment 10k should yield about 1-2 blocks an hour @ 60 coins per block if you have the 10k broken up in several inputs with a decent avg coin age at the current netstakeweight. Take note though that there is an emission curve and coins become less as time goes on after which it will become more again later (refer OP). Also, block rewards are of a fixed size in line with the emission curve, meaning that if you hit a block with 1 coin or with 1000 coins the reward is of fixed size and not % based, currently 60 coins.

If you want to stake it works like any other coin - transfer coins to your wallet and then if your wallet is not encrypted do nothing and wait. If your wallet is encrypted with a password, go to the debug console and type in walletpasshrase 99999999 true. This unlocks your wallet for staking only.

For staking i must unlock wallet and use button "Engage Miner"?

For staking - unlock wallet yes and Engage miner no. Engage miner is there to mine blocks via POW. Unlock wallet is to mine coins with staking. You can do both simultaneously though and if you are lucky you can get POW blocks and staking blocks.

Currently stakes are 60 coins per block. The 10k example was an arbitrary reference. Buy what you can afford but at the moment 10k should yield about 1-2 blocks an hour @ 60 coins per block if you have the 10k broken up in several inputs with a decent avg coin age at the current netstakeweight. Take note though that there is an emission curve and coins become less as time goes on after which it will become more again later (refer OP). Also, block rewards are of a fixed size in line with the emission curve, meaning that if you hit a block with 1 coin or with 1000 coins the reward is of fixed size and not % based, currently 60 coins.

If you want to stake it works like any other coin - transfer coins to your wallet and then if your wallet is not encrypted do nothing and wait. If your wallet is encrypted with a password, go to the debug console and type in walletpasshrase 99999999 true. This unlocks your wallet for staking only.

i think so  Smiley
Activity: 43
Merit: 0

legendary
i downloaded wallet , and i saw a transaction/is this coming in my wallet  Grin ?

You shouldn't mine on your wallet until it finishes syncing. It barely started syncing the blockchain, and it thinks its mining blocks that instantly get orphaned as the actual chain is downloaded.

Or this. Agree with Vorksholk you are getting orphans at the emission rate at the time where the chain is in the sync process because you engaged the miner.
legendary
Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029
i downloaded wallet , and i saw a transaction/is this coming in my wallet  Grin ?

You shouldn't mine on your wallet until it finishes syncing. It barely started syncing the blockchain, and it thinks its mining blocks that instantly get orphaned as the actual chain is downloaded.
i downloaded wallet , and i saw a transaction/is this coming in my wallet  Grin ?

This means that at some point 3 days in the past something was mining to the address in the wallet used in the pic. The wallet is importing the blockchain and displaying mined blocks at that point in time as it processes the blocks. As the wallet finds blocks in the chain that corresponds to your public address it credits the blocks to the wallet and displays a pup-up message (historically in this case). If you have not consciously mined this previously, either you were mining without knowing it, or mining but thinking you were unsuccessful or someone else mined to your address which is unlikely or it is someone elses wallet.dat.
wow, so why my balance showing zero ?
Activity: 300
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
1. my wallet just have 1 active connection, where is conf file and if I make it, what is the content of it?
2. Can I Mine it with Windows 32-bit?

Thanks for your help Wink
legendary
i downloaded wallet , and i saw a transaction/is this coming in my wallet  Grin ?

This means that at some point 3 days in the past something was mining to the address in the wallet used in the pic. The wallet is importing the blockchain and displaying mined blocks at that point in time as it processes the blocks. As the wallet finds blocks in the chain that corresponds to your public address it credits the blocks to the wallet and displays a pup-up message (historically in this case). If you have not consciously mined this previously, either you were mining without knowing it, or mining but thinking you were unsuccessful or someone else mined to your address which is unlikely or it is someone elses wallet.dat.
legendary

opps, sorry  my processor are 3.00GHz+3.00GHz
legendary
Does mining in the wallet work ?
Mine have been mining for quite a while but nothing yet.

Or is the diff just too high now ?

Mining has reached the point where the average desktop CPU miner is pulling a knife in the gun fight. The best way to get coins now is to buy on the exchange and stake.
i have 2 processor of 3.0GHS which hash rate would be on net ?

It differs between CPUs. Your odds of hitting a block is about the same as Philae hitting 67P but without mission control. It is not impossible but very difficult. Leave your miners on (without buying a ticket you cannot win the lottery) but the easiest is to go buy yourself 10k and letting it stake. That evens out the odds and you know you will get a stake when your number comes up.
Jump to: