Author

Topic: Re: [AXIOM] AxiomMemHash, Schnorr Sigs Implemented, APOS 3.0, AXH 2.0 Proposed - page 113. (Read 204903 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Just goes to prove how amazing the crypto community is, GPU technology is still basically the same as what existed in 2013. Sergio Learner stated it shouldn't be much of a speedup:

http://i.gyazo.com/bbcd8feaea8af30ffb4f8375cad378f3.png

https://bitslog.files.wordpress.com/2013/12/memohash-v0-3.pdf

The creator of the GPU miner stated each nvidia 750ti gets the speed of 4 CPU cores. It's not a coin killer, but unexpected.

Perhaps we can ask Mr. Lerner for some advice on how to harden the algo more for a hard fork...  Wink

https://twitter.com/sdlerner

https://twitter.com/AxiomCrypto/status/626373099647152129
Activity: 329
Merit: 250
What is the best processor for mining this coin?

Don't waste your time... Looks like a few have a GPU miner.
Activity: 360
Activity: 329
Activity: 11
What is the best processor for mining this coin?
Activity: 691
Merit: 500
but now is also for nvidia miner?  Tongue
no more cpu only ?
 Huh

Publicly it's still a cpu only coin. Privately there are ~4 people with a gpu miner.

only 4? 4 people or 4 farm lol
seems legit  Grin

That is great new way of decentralization coins  Grin
Activity: 174
Merit: 100
no more cpu only ?
 Huh

Publicly it's still a cpu only coin. Privately there are ~4 people with a gpu miner.

seems legit  Grin

~4 people. The dev + 3 buyers.

Even if they have a gpu farm is it not still one person? Many GPUs, sure, maybe. It's still only ~4 people though.

We don't have a miner. Here is a truncated log of our conversation with the GPU dev from a few hours ago:

Hey there AxiomCrypto . Are you Axiom's dev ?
im one of them but not the lead on the algo
Hi there AxiomCrypto. Sorry, you can disregard my earlier ping, I think we've exchanged enough PMs / posts on the forums about the gpu miner.
(unless you have something new to discuss, in which case I'm all ears, though on and off as I've got some work to do)
that was a different individual
how much are you trying to raise? Perhaps we can start a fundraiser address and contribute some ourselves
AxiomCrypto : I have sold the miner to a couple of people already now, so any deal at this point would have to allow me to refund those guys - which makes things quite a bit more difficult Sad
(I've even closed further sales) ...
A quick number off the top of my head would be 5 BTC + some reasonable amount of Axiom, so that could refund the buyers , and get just the same returns out (the Axiom would be my only added profit) . Sorry , I know this got a lot more expensive than what I initially proposed on bitcointalk, but as soon as I started selling, I took on a responsibility to those that bought it.
its ok
hopefully someone will make another or leak it sometime ;[
All of my buyers got the source , so a leak is definitely possible  :/

While I confirm the words on the IRC paste just posted, I do not appreciate the clear dump of what was a private chat exchange.
I'm a serious person anyhow, no more private miner sales, I would appreciate people stop sending me PMs.

I would have much preferred agreeing on a bounty to make the miner open source.
I think it was pretty clear that I took various efforts to that purpose. Unfortunately, it did not work out.

To those that are worried that GPU miners will suck out the value on this coin: The GPU miner on the 750 ti, has about 5x the performance of a desktop i7. While it earns decent profits, it is hardly world shattering. There's people running higher gains on CPU due to 0 electricity costs, mining early, botnets, etc.

I've got a busy day ahead, so will not be posting further here for a while. Cheers.

FAIL
750sucks
Fail algo and distribution, its done Tongue

hmm, quite possibly then gpu miner existed at the get go, which if true could have contributed to all the fork business at the start. regardless, this should no longer be billed as a cpu only coin.
Activity: 691
While I confirm the words on the IRC paste just posted, I do not appreciate the clear dump of what was a private chat exchange.
I'm a serious person anyhow, no more private miner sales, I would appreciate people stop sending me PMs.

I think it was pretty clear that I took various efforts to that purpose. Unfortunately, it did not work out.

To those that are worried that GPU miners will suck out the value on this coin: The GPU miner on the 750 ti, has about 5x the performance of a desktop i7. While it earns decent profits, it is hardly world shattering. There's people running higher gains on CPU due to 0 electricity costs, mining early, botnets, etc.

I've got a busy day ahead, so will not be posting further here for a while. Cheers.
Axiom coin have no future for decentralizatiom only new  PnD coin.
Activity: 30
currency fraud. sell all right otherwise you will be sad later.

Posts like these make me believe that the real pump hasn't even begun yet...
Don't forget AXIOM has only a market cap of about 50K atm.
Could do an easy x10 or more...
All this volume in the 20K range, without the price going up or down too much is suspicious, very suspicious...

After that, all will depend on the true intentions of the dev team.
Only time will tell...

Regards

Goldmaxx
you hope your right . I only speak my mind . of AXIOM value is 100 sat sat .
Activity: 894
Merit: 1000

Posts like these make me believe that the real pump hasn't even begun yet...
Don't forget AXIOM has only a market cap of about 50K atm.
Could do an easy x10 or more...
All this volume in the 20K range, without the price going up or down too much is suspicious, very suspicious...

After that, all will depend on the true intentions of the dev team.
Only time will tell...

Regards

Goldmaxx
Activity: 360
no more cpu only ?
 Huh

seems legit  Grin

Even if they have a gpu farm is it not still one person? Many GPUs, sure, maybe. It's still only ~4 people though.

We don't have a miner. Here is a truncated log of our conversation with the GPU dev from a few hours ago:

Hi there AxiomCrypto. Sorry, you can disregard my earlier ping, I think we've exchanged enough PMs / posts on the forums about the gpu miner.
(unless you have something new to discuss, in which case I'm all ears, though on and off as I've got some work to do)
how much are you trying to raise? Perhaps we can start a fundraiser address and contribute some ourselves
AxiomCrypto : I have sold the miner to a couple of people already now, so any deal at this point would have to allow me to refund those guys - which makes things quite a bit more difficult Sad
A quick number off the top of my head would be 5 BTC + some reasonable amount of Axiom, so that could refund the buyers , and get just the same returns out (the Axiom would be my only added profit) . Sorry , I know this got a lot more expensive than what I initially proposed on bitcointalk, but as soon as I started selling, I took on a responsibility to those that bought it.
its ok
All of my buyers got the source , so a leak is definitely possible  :/

FAIL
750sucks
Fail algo and distribution, its done Tongue
Activity: 30
legendary
Activity: 924

I don't understand why selling miner to a few people, instead giving it away to the community... is so much anti-decentralization and anti-opensource/community...
can be better to make it opensource and it can give strength to the coin

I know that most are after quick and big as possible profits. crypto currency is more than that... we suppose to takeover the world ! together.. Smiley
Activity: 1540
coin still cheap. Time to buy some Roll Eyes

Maybe dead or moving to the history of dead coins  ....

too early for that. I think it'll pump till near of 1 month..so August 20th is my guess ..could be dead by september..may be I'm stretching it.
Activity: 546
coin still cheap. Time to buy some Roll Eyes

Maybe dead or moving to the history of dead coins  ....
legendary
Activity: 1154
Merit: 1001

Activity: 42
no more cpu only ?
 Huh

seems legit  Grin

its ok
All of my buyers got the source , so a leak is definitely possible  :/

Activity: 894
We're going to be moving everything except downloads to Github instead of Bitbucket,

https://github.com/axiomcryptocurrency/axiom

Any idea when we can expect an update on future plans?
legendary
Activity: 2087
Merit: 1015
We're going to be moving everything except downloads to Github instead of Bitbucket,

https://github.com/axiomcryptocurrency/axiom

Why transition? I understand bitbucket is a bit different in the UI but it still has the functionality (mostly)
Activity: 693
no more cpu only ?
 Huh

seems legit  Grin

haha, that's the feeling from yesterday
Jump to: