Pages:
Author

Topic: Re: Coinbase Warning !!! (Revisited, Somewhat Resolved) - page 4. (Read 16434 times)

legendary
Activity: 1002
Merit: 1000
Bitcoin
No.

I will not contact support.

They already blew it.

LOL

Then please dont whine here !
Activity: 756
Merit: 522
If coinbase is not classified as a scam it's purely for semantic reasons. Functionally they're as shady as it gets.
legendary
Activity: 1002
Merit: 1000
Bitcoin
4 BTC transaction called risky ?  I gamble more than than in one night sometimes.. 4 BTC.. no so much to be called risky !  I'm mystified !
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020
It said "completed" on the coinbase transaction record.
It was brief, but it WAS there.

You: They stole my money.
Police:  How much did they take?
You:  Well, their website told me it took amount x.
Police:  What website?
You:  Well, the information isn't up there anymore.
Police:  What?
You:  It briefly said it took my money, but it doesn't say that anymore.
Police:  Right...yet you're saying they stole amount x?
You:  No.
You:  I still have x in my bank account.
Police:  But you said they stole your money.
You:  Well, they did.
You:  My money was locked up for 6 days!
Police:  But you said you still have x in your bank account.
You:  I do.
Police:  So what's the problem?
You:  They're "GD garbage!"

Getting an investigation going would be easy.  There are piles of complaints all over the web now.

After a conversation like that, I'm sure it would.  I've seen a few complaints on this forum, too.  It seems that taking the support route has been working to resolve those complaints.  I'll keep my eye out for outstanding cases, though.

Still no email from this 'coinbase' operation.  36 hours later.

I waited 2 business days for a response from support, but because the span included a weekend it was longer than 96 hours.  But, they got back to me, and the whole thing was resolved quickly once they did.
Activity: 314
Merit: 250
It said "completed" on the coinbase transaction record.
It was brief, but it WAS there.

Getting an investigation going would be easy.  There are piles of complaints all over the web now.

Still no email from this 'coinbase' operation.  36 hours later.
legendary
Wouldn't know how to "prove" it to you.  It is as I say.  they canceled the transaction AFTER it had been declared completed.

Exactly where was it indicated that the transaction was "declared completed?"  Mine was "pending" until cancelled; it was never "declared completed."

I am thinking more and more of putting the government after them.

Yeah, good luck with that.  If you "wouldn't know how to 'prove' it" to me, how do you expect to convince law enforcement to do anything?  I'm guessing the "it's as I say" thing works in Coinbase's favor, too.
vip
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136
The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

If it is all done by computer, they need to say that.

Every financial institution has these algorithms to determine transaction risk. All of them. It's common knowledge.

I have had legitimate activity blocked by Chase so often that I avoid doing business with Chase as much as I can for exactly one reason, no more, no less: because I'm afraid my transaction will be blocked.

It's embarrassing to go out for a late night 1:00 am taco, and be declined for $1.91 because Chase wanted to temporarily block my card just to verify that the $1000 payment I made the day prior - a payment I've made in the same amount to the same company every month for the past year and a half mind you - was really authorized by me.

And don't get me started on the numerous transactions Chase has REVERSED incoming funds and required the sender to re-send on their own free will, just because Chase wanted to be prudent and help me save myself from myself "for my own protection".  (That's QuickPay for ya)
Wouldn't know how to "prove" it to you.  It is as I say.  they canceled the transaction AFTER it had been declared completed.  I get the email many hours later.  Sent several, "Hey what's up?" type emails.

Still not one GDF response other than what was above.

Pile of GD garbage is what they are.

I am thinking more and more of putting the government after them.

Have your money there if you like. 
legendary

Joint read the thread with some attention.  Most all your questions are answered there.

I know I did, thanks.  However, I believe I also asked for proof of your claim.  Besides, the site is beta, as in, "You beta not put any money here you can't afford to lose (or have tied up)."

Here's what I do know - I was in virtually the same situation as you, and now it's resolved after one email to support.  You said you contacted them three times.  When was the initial contact?  My initial contact was on Friday soon after my transaction was declared cancelled.  I received an email yesterday (Tuesday) from them, so it took about 2 business days.
Telling people no and expecting them to come and beg is not a way of doing business.

Period.

And, when/how did they do that exactly?  Examples? 

I'm not going to go sniveling after some thoroughly half-assed operation for a few bucks.

Period.

Well, clearly you're emotionally upset about it, even if the few bucks aren't the reason you're upset.  You certainly made it a point to come here and let us all know what you think.

They haven't even answered my original complaint yet.

What quality customer service!  

What original complaint?  As far as I can tell, your "original complaint" is this thread.  And, you stated that you refuse to contact support.  You don't expect them to come onto this forum to address your complaint, do you?  I certainly hope not.

I still don't rule out that they are running a scam.

Well, did they take your money or didn't they?  In your OP, you stated that Coinbase is "taking money" from its users and using it to "buy BTC".  However, in the (automated) email that they sent to you, it clearly indicated that they did not withdraw the money from your bank account.  You didn't lose anything, did you?  And if so, proof?

Joint read the thread with some attention.  Most all your questions are answered there.

I wrote to them three separate times.

And they DID take my money in the sense that it was by contract tied up and so not useable elsewhere.

They BROKE a contract.... in the strictest legal business sense.   

No acknowledgment.  No apology.  No response.

With that kind of behavior, expect them to be closed down within 6 months.

Maybe sooner.  there is some suggestion that they are based or have an operation in San Fransisco.
Maybe the California State Attorney General needs to be having a look at this eh?
Activity: 476
Bytecoin: 8VofSsbQvTd8YwAcxiCcxrqZ9MnGPjaAQm
Telling people no and expecting them to come and beg is not a way of doing business.

Period.

I'm not going to go sniveling after some thoroughly half-assed operation for a few bucks.

Plonk.
Activity: 476
Well, did they take your money or didn't they?  In your OP, you stated that Coinbase is "taking money" from its users and using it to "buy BTC".  

An open order backed by a connected bank account is as good as cash on the market. Coinbase isn't running a scam but it's close. If the customer's money is tied up after placing the order and Coinbase cancels the order after using the customer's order as a chit for a few days, then it's closer to a scam than not.
legendary

Period.

And, when/how did they do that exactly?  Examples? 

Period.

Well, clearly you're emotionally upset about it, even if the few bucks aren't the reason you're upset.  You certainly made it a point to come here and let us all know what you think.

What original complaint?  As far as I can tell, your "original complaint" is this thread.  And, you stated that you refuse to contact support.  You don't expect them to come onto this forum to address your complaint, do you?  I certainly hope not.

Well, did they take your money or didn't they?  In your OP, you stated that Coinbase is "taking money" from its users and using it to "buy BTC".  However, in the (automated) email that they sent to you, it clearly indicated that they did not withdraw the money from your bank account.  You didn't lose anything, did you?  And if so, proof?

Period.

Period.

legendary
No.

They already blew it.

Don't be so stubborn.  They can't blow anything they're not even aware of.  Bitcointalk.org is NOT the Coinbase support forum.

All it took me was 30 seconds of my time to write one email which cleared up everything.  If you had done the same, maybe you would've been able to sneak in before this little rally. 

They reversed my cancelled order and credited my account with the amount of BTC I had originally purchased, and at the original price I was quoted.  Now, since the reversal, my account is in good standing and I can now make simultaneous purchases.

No.

They already blew it.
legendary
Relax.  I had the same issue.  Just contact support.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1564286
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Another block in the wall
The site is also BETA.....
Thanks, Stephan,

I guess I have more or less loss interest in the face of further potential grief dealing with BTC operators.
There's just too much non-sense.

Certainly, with this one, there is a cloud: If they will do this, what else is in the offing?

And, just to keep things clear, they actually sent the email of cancellation AFTER the supposed closure of the transaction.  For 6 days it was listed as pending, then it was listed as completed, and then it was deleted totally, with no record of the event.

It is so garrish an example of how NOT to do business that no text book would use it.
It's beyond belief.
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010
If it is all done by computer, they need to say that.

Every financial institution has these algorithms to determine transaction risk.

The algorithm should be giving a go / no go decision at the time the order is place or the results communicated within a few hours.   Not right before the expected delivery time [Edit: six days later].

Coinbase is a private company and can provide whatever approach to the service they want, but implementing a system that essentially could be a "heads we win, tails you lose" will not yield favorable reviews.   Just because it is an algorithm screwing you doesn't mean you should put up with it.

But HappyScam, if you contact CoinBase they may be willing to figure something out for you.
 - http://blog.coinbase.com/post/44046687068/high-risk-transactions
Pages:
Jump to: