Pages:
Author

Topic: Real Time Charting, Order Book, and Time & Sales - page 28. (Read 85520 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250
I really love the looks and functionality of this site. Too bad that it's having issues with order book and volume so I have to manually refresh for current data Undecided
Activity: 378
"Yes I am a pirate, 200 years too late."
The volume issues continue. Happens on Chrome, IE and my Droid.

http://screenshotuploader.com/s/7tubVFiMk0y
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
MtGox socketIO keeps going down intermittently every day, but your recent patch to fall back to polling is working beautifully.  Thank you.
Activity: 548
Merit: 502
So much code.
Spoke to soon, still broke. Sad  I guess its back to freaking out then refreshing.

Well the MtGox socket is down right now.

I've added functionality to poll for the depth table when a connection error is detected.
Spoke to soon, still broke. Sad  I guess its back to freaking out then refreshing.
I had thought it was on just the bid side, but looks like its both sides. See Ask 2.99

http://screenshotuploader.com/s/xA4K1bNyql

There is definitely a bot 'flashing' orders of ~3300 coins at a few levels on both sides of the book.

The issue could be in the initial synchronization of the poll-based full order book and the socket-based real time updates. I am working on a more precise way of achieving sync for these data sources, but it's not ready yet.

As to why the depth is building up over time, I couldn't say. I know there was a version of code deployed at one point with a serious flaw in the order book (getting volumes > 21M at points), but I fixed it a while back.

But there could be a person just piling up a ton of orders on certain prices...

Looks like its working well now.  As always, thanks. Donation on its way. Smiley
So much code.
I had thought it was on just the bid side, but looks like its both sides. See Ask 2.99

There is definitely a bot 'flashing' orders of ~3300 coins at a few levels on both sides of the book.

The issue could be in the initial synchronization of the poll-based full order book and the socket-based real time updates. I am working on a more precise way of achieving sync for these data sources, but it's not ready yet.

As to why the depth is building up over time, I couldn't say. I know there was a version of code deployed at one point with a serious flaw in the order book (getting volumes > 21M at points), but I fixed it a while back.

But there could be a person just piling up a ton of orders on certain prices...
Anyone else having strange volume bugs?  They seem to double up and go back after a refresh.

I just got a message about this and deployed a bit of new code that fixed another bug.

What settings were you using when you saw the bug? (price grouping, show depth in console, etc...)

So much code.
Anyone else having strange volume bugs?  They seem to double up and go back after a refresh.

I just got a message about this and deployed a bit of new code that fixed another bug.

What settings were you using when you saw the bug? (price grouping, show depth in console, etc...)
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
This is my new favorite charting platform at the current version.  Thanks Clark.  I've been through at least 5 different web-based and stand-alone charting packages and they aren't as nice as what you are providing.  The only thing I could ask for is a way to visualize the depth chart, instead of, or in addition to a table of numbers.  It's easier for me to see where the walls sit with a graphic than a number.  I'm weird like that.  Oh, and I know this kills the layout of your page, but could we somehow get more horizontal width for the chart?  I realize that would stop it from lining up with the lower section, but it currently only uses 1/3 of my 16:9 screen - so much real estate wasted.  Maybe make it scalable?  Now I'm picking your project apart after giving it two thumbs up, lol!
So much code.
Activity: 266
Merit: 36
Nifty!  Thanks, Clark.
Activity: 772
Merit: 501
This is awesome.
So much code.
I think the socket.io service is down at the moment.

For instance, the link to the hosted script is not available:

https://socketio.mtgox.com/socket.io/socket.io.js

(Maybe a nice link to click to see where the problem lies)
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1000
Thanks
This is a wonderful service.

Just one question. It does not work today any more. Any idea what is wrong or if this issue is only happened at my computer?

MTGox API changed.  He will fix it!
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1000
This is a wonderful service.

Just one question. It does not work today any more. Any idea what is wrong or if this issue is only happened at my computer?
Activity: 147
Merit: 100
PooL-X.eu
really nice specially with updates / graph you got made i use it often
So much code.

ha! awesome. what other tricks?

oh, and what's the meaning of filled vs. non-filled candle sticks?

No other tricks just yet.

I updated the original post with the meaning of filled vs. empty bars, but I'll repeat here:

Filled: down for the bar - open > close
Empty: up for the bar - close > open
Red: down from previous close
Green: up from previous close
Pages:
Jump to: