Pages:
Author

Topic: reasons to buy from individual? - page 5. (Read 4106 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Want Loan ? : Goo.gl/KjntcF
July 11, 2016, 09:57:24 AM

What are the possible reasons why someone will prefer to buy btc or any other crypto to someone from the forum particularly than on the exchange sites?
It's much easier buying in person than in exchange site. The trade can also be talked either what will be their rate and there is no verification needed for purchasing big amount of bitcoin where most exchange site requires. It is much safer to purchase directly from someone more if you trade with them personally instead of online transaction.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
July 11, 2016, 09:54:17 AM

What are the possible reasons why someone will prefer to buy btc or any other crypto to someone from the forum particularly than on the exchange sites?
Depends on where you buy it,buy if you find out a trusted site,no one will scam you.
But for some reason i prefer to buy from companies,probably because it is a lot faster in most cases.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
July 11, 2016, 06:17:47 AM

I think if we buy some coin in individual person we can get a price below the exchanger and is not affected by the transaction fee. and if we use the exchanger may be too complicated because it must register and through the verification process in advance. Thank you
legendary
Activity: 3192
Merit: 1213
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live
July 11, 2016, 05:16:59 AM
One can get better price than the exchange websites, also most times I use trading websites to find different traders and make transaction with the one who's price quote fulfils my requirement.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
July 11, 2016, 03:27:17 AM
Most exchanges don't support popular payment methods like PayPal, Skrill etc. I'm pretty sure you can find a seller here no matter what obscure payment processor you use. Also you don't have to verify your identity which is something required by exchanges that accept regular currencies. And if you buy on LocalBitcoins it is possible you get better rates than the current market rate.
Activity: 924
Merit: 501
July 11, 2016, 12:21:53 AM

The buy and sell gap on exchanges can be very large so buying from someone in private is mutually beneficial for both parties. The buyer gets a better price while the seller makes more money. Also there is no fee.
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 10611
July 10, 2016, 11:18:15 PM
sometimes you want to buy with a payment processor like paypal for example that is nowhere to be found on any exchanges so you have to buy from an individual instead of an exchange. also as others mentioned you don't have to verify yourself.

and for any other coin, those may not be listed on exchanges yet so you are forced to trade with others off exchange. like new altcoins that you mine.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
July 10, 2016, 10:35:55 PM
No KYC or AML. There really is no need for identity verification for most trades and many exchangers here don't need to know your identity.

I personally like exchanges myself it is normally cheaper then buying from an individual.   There are lot's of good choices all really depends on your country, very country specific on which is best for you.  And you can link to a checking account which is really nice when buying or selling.

It really is those who want to hide what they are doing or how much they are holding that are worried about KYC and want being anonymous that places like LBC are there for.   So it really depends on use of your coins if there is any benefit.  For me personally no benefit for me to be anonymous and pay a individual more.
staff
Activity: 3374
Merit: 6530
Just writing some code
July 10, 2016, 10:13:12 PM
No KYC or AML. There really is no need for identity verification for most trades and many exchangers here don't need to know your identity.
Activity: 2870
Merit: 612
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
July 10, 2016, 09:57:05 PM

Pages:
Jump to: