Pages:
Author

Topic: Reasons why ICOs fail - page 5. (Read 319609 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
June 05, 2019, 09:48:56 AM
I would say the reason why is the lack of investment so they cant list the tokens in the top exchangers so thet tokens become shitcoins so sometimes the project fails.but this project already raised 1 million usd so must try and do investments at Dencoin tokens and hopefully they will liat the tokens in good exchangers soon.
Activity: 2030
Merit: 269
June 05, 2019, 09:27:48 AM
There are many ICOs out there, but more than 50% of them fail.
From my analogy, could this be the reasons why ICOs fail?
1. Being too complicated:
If you want investors to favour your ICO, make sure they understand your coin offering. Be concise yet interesting, creative yet not too ‘techy’ and try to explain concepts from scratch. Of course, the detail you go into is likely to depend on your target audience.
2. No unique Use case and lack of creativity:
The reality is, ICOs are not straightforward and with new ideas and concepts arising daily, you need to get noticed and that means coming up with some unique Use case
So, before a developer even attempts to launch an ICO or enter the crypto world, ask yourself: "What will make investors choose this particular ICO over a competitor’s ICO?"
I believe the list continues.
I think one of the big reason why ICO fail because investors have had enough of scam ICO, they are not going to look on ICO right now, the way they looked three or two years because they know people launch an ICO to scam people with their money and get away with it they think it's much easier than doing good project.
Activity: 854
Merit: 102
PHORE
June 05, 2019, 09:26:11 AM
It's because of projects that they do not want so few investors in their ico but because of the creature being exposed there is a chance that projects that may not be good as I know a project is a success because of the beautiful their project is being released.
Activity: 259
Merit: 2
June 05, 2019, 09:22:30 AM
If you want investors to favour your ICO, make sure they understand your coin offering. Be concise yet interesting, creative yet not too ‘techy’ and try to explain concepts from scratch. Of course, the detail you go into is likely to depend on your target audience.
The reality is, ICOs are not straightforward and with new ideas and concepts arising daily, you need to get noticed and that means coming up with some unique Use case
So, before a developer even attempts to launch an ICO or enter the crypto world, ask yourself: "What will make investors choose this particular ICO over a competitor’s ICO?"

These two reasons are very valid reasons in my books, they are the reason I pick out certain projects from the crop out there and dig deeper to see if I'd love to invest.
Seeing a project like ECOMI though offering an app to serve as a marketplace for trading digital collectibles lightened up my mood, giving me hope that there are still great, not so complicated projects out there.
Activity: 420
Merit: 3
June 02, 2019, 04:24:20 PM
This is the time that we now see a lot of ICOs fail and it is caused by several reasons, part of which is that most of them are scam.
It is quite hard to identify good and legit projects, which means that you have to put extra effort in to get the right ones. Most times, experience count. A regular appearance in the space get you acquainted with what is happening and what to avoid.
Activity: 532
Merit: 101
June 02, 2019, 04:22:23 PM
Now ICO failures are not only in the fact that there are scammers, or weak projects. Now there are not enough funds to support these projects. Market capitalization is too small.
Activity: 336
Merit: 10
June 02, 2019, 04:09:53 PM
I have been following ICOs especially during the baer market and I realised that most ICOs, started on sound idea, failed because they couldn't raise enough funds. However, some of them do fail because the team lacks commitment once they see the money in their wallet. Probably they begin to think otherwise and neglect the project
copper member
Activity: 966
Merit: 14
June 02, 2019, 03:40:49 PM
Most ICOs fail because of the team, that is the growth of any project or rather the success of any project depends on the team and what they are capable of doing.
Most team, once they manage to list the project on exchange, they will abandon it because they don't have what it takes to run the project.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 22
June 02, 2019, 03:30:10 PM

My opinion This is abaut budget constraints and the absence of regulations governing ICO enforcement and than public trust is also very influential on the concept that will be offere
Merit: 100
June 02, 2019, 12:02:50 PM
You stated it all perfectly well, most team don't even have the experience about what they want to offer thus either copying others whitepaper etc.
Seriously, if a team have adequate experience about what they want to deliver, they will surly not fail, but on the other hand once after fund raising, you will start seeing or hearing funny stories.
June 02, 2019, 09:14:50 AM
ICO provides an overview of the concept of the new project and development of the project.
ICO has advantages and disadvantages, the development of ICO advantages is not comparable to the rampant ICO abuse.
Activity: 188
Merit: 17
June 01, 2019, 07:25:29 PM
the meaning is the ICO cannot attract investors.  The ICO gave them the impression that ICO was a fraud and a scam. 
I think.  investors are starting to think that IEO is better for them and safer.
Activity: 630
June 01, 2019, 07:21:19 PM
There are a lot of reasons why ICOs fails, but the main one is that people aren't responsible for product delivery and they simply lose investor's money
Activity: 952
Merit: 104
June 01, 2019, 06:45:15 PM
Lack of investors, specially last year 2018 most of icos project is fail because of scamm issues,

Their are various reasons for fail of ICO's but most common is scams and some of them was not get paid coins or some was not good ICO ,so now trend is IEO.

Exactly mate scam is the main reason why ICO's getting failed to success investors scared to invest because of the scam trend.
Activity: 1806
June 01, 2019, 06:36:03 PM
Their are various reasons for fail of ICO's but most common is scams and some of them was not get paid coins or some was not good ICO ,so now trend is IEO.
Activity: 312
Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform
June 01, 2019, 03:56:59 PM
The biggest problem which was present at ICO is that there were many scam-projects. People who were included in bad projects did not participate in ICO any more. ICO lost investor confidence. Now there were IEO which have the high level of reliability.
Activity: 800
Merit: 250
June 01, 2019, 03:37:24 PM
For me, the reasons why ICOs fail boils down to three key factors which are marketing, token economics and team connection and background in cryptocurrency industry. Get all these right and you will have a successful ICO
Activity: 378
June 01, 2019, 03:21:53 PM
Most ICOs fail because the fail to recognize the current market problems, they fail due to lack of creativity and also due to the ICO projects failing to meet what investors and traders needs. Most ICOs are so hyped by ICO websites to a big extent but in reality, they are not what these websites claim they are. ICO projects should study the market trend and come out with something unique in other to succeed.
Activity: 566
Merit: 107
June 01, 2019, 02:11:29 PM
from what I see most of them fail because their roadmap is chaotic and not as planned, the rest is because they don't use the funds that can be used to focus on developing the project, but mostly focused on other things, the last is internal problems usually some ico fail they, do not have an understanding even there are also ico who end up scam due to the actions of their own team (selling ico tokens / coins, in some cases of embezzlement of investor money)
Activity: 168
Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform
June 01, 2019, 12:35:21 PM
ICO has been experiencing problems for a long time now, and this year IEO appeared, which further aggravated the situation in ICO
Pages:
Jump to: