Pages:
Author

Topic: Reasons why ICOs fail - page 76. (Read 319609 times)

Activity: 41
Merit: 0
May 12, 2018, 12:07:44 AM
Because ICO is equally risky.
Activity: 97
May 12, 2018, 12:06:36 AM
Many ICO's have failed because they had no real product behind or people were afraid to invest into the project. Another reason will be that markets crashed and this affected the ICO's too ...so people are investing right now only in the good and solid ICO's.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 149
Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com
May 11, 2018, 08:48:28 AM
There are lots of aspects to consider before investing in ICO's. If you analyze well, then you may find an ICO that may not fail easily. This may give you nice ROIs.

ICO Analysis Checklist that I've prepared for myself;

1-Hardcap. How much of this hardcap will be collected from private sale, presale and crowdsale ?

2-Bonus amounts that will be given to private sale and presale investors. Will these bonuses be locked ? If yes, for how long ?

3-What's the ETH/USD Peg rate for the Crowdsale ?

4-Release dates of the tokens. Will private sale and presale tokens be released at the same time with crowdsale tokens  ?

5-How many tokens will be given to bounty program participators ?

6-Is there hype ?

7-Team, Advisors and their previous works.

8-Investor groups and their previous investments.

Good points. I do agree with most of the points that you stated except the 3rd point which I believe would not make such a big difference. You forgot some factors here. Whitepaper, roadmap, social media interactions by development team also play a huge role in determining whether a particular ICO is legit or not. You need to properly conduct your own research based on these factors in order to differentiate between a legit and scam ICO.
Activity: 63
May 11, 2018, 08:42:19 AM
Because many projects are simply bad ideas from the start. They won't be able to gain user adoption and be useful for solving problems with its application in the real-world, so it will fail to raise enough funds to make it past the ICO stage.
Activity: 406
Merit: 3
May 10, 2018, 08:15:36 AM
One of the most important points that investors should consider when investing money in ICO is whether the token will be able to gain users' recognition and whether its application in the real world will be useful for solving any problems.
Activity: 868
Merit: 116
May 10, 2018, 08:12:54 AM
There are several reasons why ICOs fail, most of the ICOs don't intend to fail but because of some challenges especially because of competition in the market, it makes them fail. Some of them also think their product is good but at the end of the day the product cannot compete with already existing products, while some purposely come to scam people.
Activity: 124
Merit: 1
May 10, 2018, 08:12:36 AM
The reason why so many ICOs fail today is the lack of structure. Tell me an ICOs that succeed and i will show you an ICOs with a solid structural team. For any thing to survive, it must have a proper structure that will drive it.
Activity: 246
Merit: 10
May 10, 2018, 08:09:03 AM
They have no good project, team often misses some details, besides they are not often clear about future plans. You should look at Ambit mining ICO, you will understand what good project means.

Its a pity but the "future plans" of 90% ICOs is getting all the profit earned by ICO and spending it on yachts and cars, most of ICOs nowadays is total waste of time
Activity: 350
Merit: 11
May 10, 2018, 08:00:22 AM
I think one of the reasons is the falling market.
Investors do not have confidence that the ICO will be successful.
During the falling market, it is a great temptation to buy good coins that are badly lost in value.
This greatly reduces the risks. It remains only to wait for the growing market and see how your capital increases by X times.
This is my opinion, maybe I'm wrong.
Activity: 308
Merit: 5
May 10, 2018, 07:28:19 AM
They have no good project, team often misses some details, besides they are not often clear about future plans. You should look at Ambit mining ICO, you will understand what good project means.
Activity: 336
Merit: 10
W12 – Blockchain protocol
May 10, 2018, 07:22:52 AM
There are many ICOs out there, but more than 50% of them fail.
From my analogy, could this be the reasons why ICOs fail?
1. Being too complicated:
If you want investors to favour your ICO, make sure they understand your coin offering. Be concise yet interesting, creative yet not too ‘techy’ and try to explain concepts from scratch. Of course, the detail you go into is likely to depend on your target audience.
2. No unique Use case and lack of creativity:
The reality is, ICOs are not straightforward and with new ideas and concepts arising daily, you need to get noticed and that means coming up with some unique Use case
So, before a developer even attempts to launch an ICO or enter the crypto world, ask yourself: "What will make investors choose this particular ICO over a competitor’s ICO?"
I believe the list continues.
From my experienced in following ICO it is difficult to find a good and realistic ICO as most of them are just copy paste from a old ICO. Yeah your correct the developers should have a good and concrete ideas that can be useful to us to make it a successful project not just another shitcoin.
Activity: 294
Merit: 15
May 10, 2018, 07:10:24 AM
Not having a roadmap not having a proper team.
Activity: 140
May 10, 2018, 07:07:02 AM
I think some ico's failed because the team are focusing in selling their tokens not in their program and lack of knowledge on how they're endorse their program sometimes the ico project is not good so investors think that their ico will not succeed.
Activity: 58
May 10, 2018, 07:01:55 AM
 if they fail they probably do not have a very good project and do not have a team that is very inexperienced to develop his project.
Activity: 700
Merit: 251
May 09, 2018, 03:18:34 AM
less interestingly in marketing so as to make investors less interested to invest in ICO. So certainly there will not be enough to run and ICO if investors aren't interested. ICO will not automatically run and failed so it was canceled.
Activity: 952
Merit: 250
May 09, 2018, 02:53:50 AM
Hype is also important i've seen so many useless projects but there are some group of people hype the ico and listing on smaller exchanges is also one of the reason
Activity: 2282
Merit: 505
May 09, 2018, 02:46:54 AM
There are many ICOs out there, but more than 50% of them fail.
From my analogy, could this be the reasons why ICOs fail?
1. Being too complicated:
If you want investors to favour your ICO, make sure they understand your coin offering. Be concise yet interesting, creative yet not too ‘techy’ and try to explain concepts from scratch. Of course, the detail you go into is likely to depend on your target audience.
2. No unique Use case and lack of creativity:
The reality is, ICOs are not straightforward and with new ideas and concepts arising daily, you need to get noticed and that means coming up with some unique Use case
So, before a developer even attempts to launch an ICO or enter the crypto world, ask yourself: "What will make investors choose this particular ICO over a competitor’s ICO?"
I believe the list continues.
Most of ICO fail in their projects because most of their devs are just scammers , they just sell a big dream with innovating project and they promise you to buy a limbo in few months but few days later it's the same devs who buy his limbo with your fuckin money and disappear with millions of stupid people who believed in that scam .
Fraud in the ico area is a rather complex issue, as it is not regulated.Many opportunities, especially for those who have resources.It becomes almost impossible to distinguish between normal and fraud.
Not all ideas are just to collect money and disappear, it's too rude.Many continue to create the illusion of working and increasing money from the air.
A lot of countries are working on it right now. But the scam ico can be avoided through choosing the ico which has been created by trusted team or at least this guys have very good reputation and the majority of people are very familiar with them all. But of course all about the regulation to regulate ico but this kind of process will give a difficult things to the ico because they are all need to fill all of requirements from regulators.
Activity: 588
Merit: 1
May 09, 2018, 02:43:24 AM
The ideas for creation of ICO were already exhausted therefore various variations on the same subject are thought out.
It is known that 80% of ICO projects are created only to collect money. Real products of the provided ICO, aren't enough.
In the future the number of ICO capable to realize the product still will decrease.
Activity: 133
May 09, 2018, 02:40:10 AM
In my opinion ICO will be success or fail depend on the their team founder, if they really solid and professional to development their project for sure will success although many competitor in the market.
Activity: 266
May 09, 2018, 02:38:33 AM
Just a few words about date. According to a recent study, 418 of the 902 new crowdsales (46%) listed on Tokendata for 2017, have already failed. 142 failed during the ICO stage. 276 projects failed post-ICO. The situation is not the best. In my opinion these reasons are:
1. Bad Project Ideas/Use Cases
2. Technology Issues(i.e. scalability and security)
3. Regional Disparities
Pages:
Jump to: