Pages:
Author

Topic: Recommendations to store my seed phrase!! - page 2. (Read 294 times)

legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 5213
I'm considering writing it down on a piece of paper and storing it in a safe or safety deposit box, but I've also heard about other methods like engraving it on metal or storing it on a USB drive.
It's surely a good idea to use a stainless steel metal plate instead of a paper. In this way, your backup would be resistant to fire, water, etc.

I recommend you to visit the following topic and see how fillippone used washers for securing the seed phrase.
Securing Your Seed Phrase with Washers
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 4795
If you only want to use it for bitcoin, if you can be able to also store your passhrase in different but safe and secure locations, going for passphrase is good, but I do not know if Bitbox02 supports passphrase. The passphrase would generate different keys and addresses for bitcoin, but not sure of altcoins.

Even if passphrase is not included, paper backup is good. You can be smart enough to get a book and store it somewhere there. Have like two or three and keep them in different locations. I can easily do that and people around me will only think nothing good inside one of the papers in the book of many written words, while still keeping it in a very safe place that would be difficult for people around me to access. Or you can go for a steel or stainless sheet.

If you can make your device airgapped, you can encrypt it in a memory card, disk or flashdrive. But you will need to have like 2 or 3 of this and you have to check the file often to make sure that the card or flash is not corrupt. Which means it can be just as making your device airgapped inorder to check this like every 3 months.

If it is bitcoin, the passphrase makes things easier for me and makes me feel more secure, but it is needed during wallet recovery.
Activity: 336
Merit: 365
The Alliance Of Bitcointalk Translators - ENG>PID
so, I don't know if I should be asking this but please guys I just purchased a hardware (BitBox02)wallet to store my Bitcoin. I know it's important to keep my seed phrase (or secret phrase) safe and secure, but I'm not sure what the best way to do that is.

I'm considering writing it down on a piece of paper and storing it in a safe or safety deposit box, but I've also heard about other methods like engraving it on metal or storing it on a USB drive.

What do you recommend as the most secure way to store my seed phrase? Are there any tips or best practices I should know about to ensure it stays safe and doesn't get lost or stolen?

Thanks in advance for you help guys
Pages:
Jump to: