Pages:
Author

Topic: Record High Margin Debt With Most Traders Betting Against This Market - page 4. (Read 6381 times)

Activity: 616
Merit: 500
....The New York Stock Exchange reported that margin climbed to an all-time high of $507.15 billion in April (most recent numbers) from $476.38 billion in March.

That’s a $25 billion increase in just 30 days, which shows me that investors are throwing caution to the wind. ......

[more] http://www.equities.com/editors-desk/investing-strategies/shorting/margin-debt-bubble-a-day-of-reckoning-is-nigh

These crashes are very controlled and the next one will probably take a couple years to fully bottom. Or maybe it´s  too horribly overextended for any control now. It´s difficult to say. But there´s also an incredible bubble in bonds and that one has been building for over 30 years.

legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1005
★Nitrogensports.eu★
well the sad part is, we cant do much.

despite the whole 2008 crisis, theres no form of protecting our money besides btc being the only option.

Exactly, people are enslaved by the fiat money, but at the same time they are addicted to it
As I hate concept of FIAT but I think BTC won't help us much in the face of global economic crisis.

Imagine this scenario: crisis strikes -> economy is starting to crumble->markets are starting to panic -> people are selling every asset they have before it will reach 0 price.

Do you think people will stay with BTC or buy  more bitcoins in this case to rescue and allocate their money in crypto because it is immune to crisis?
I doubt it. They will sell BTC as fast as possible because it will have some worth over FIAT (for a short period, at least).
All the charts are pointing towards a crash and I'm seeing some slight movement in the Bitcoin price, I doubt anything will be happening at summer when most are on holiday or doing nothing, get ready for when September comes.

Yep, mid-Sept. is the next time that the Fed will announce that no, rates can´t be hiked just yet. At some point the market will probably start figuring out that something is wrong after seven years of zero % and free money and QE4 probably around the corner.

But then there the black swans. Warmongering fever has been very high for a while and now the latest idiot in charge of the Pentagon is even threatening China. That on top of escalation against Russia. Maybe they get something major going during the summer they certainly seem to have been trying their best.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
All the charts are pointing towards a crash and I'm seeing some slight movement in the Bitcoin price, I doubt anything will be happening at summer when most are on holiday or doing nothing, get ready for when September comes.
Fed sees second half recovery the twentieth year in a row. Will continue kicking the rate hike can down the road. What else is new.
A spike today in VIX. From a very low level of course since market complacency has been totally extreme. Maybe things with quiet down again, maybe not. We´ll see.

Keiser Report: Beware Bankers Bearing Debt Crack! (E770)

Published on Jun 13, 2015
In this episode of the Keiser Report, Max Keiser and Stacy Herbert discuss bursting bond bubbles, fleeing banks and scaring the hell out of Bill Gross. In the second half, Max interviews documentary filmmaker, Nick Broomfield, about whether #BlackLivesMatter when NHI (‘no humans involved’).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoY4gYFM5ww
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183
I think that not evryone puts money in the markets (or shouldnt). Even those who do should have some assets allocated to cash. CDs are not good for this purpose because of penalties for early withdrawals. Savings account are a good vehicle for this purpose. Unfortunately, interest rates are simply horrible. This is an issue that needs to be corrected.
Activity: 560
the banks and government will just jump and left all with nothing ,why should they care ?they lend our money to others and there is no full protection at your money......the best is lets say you deposit 4000dollars and left for a while when you go to bank ask for that money they say on day xxx at xxx oclock come here ,but why you wanna take all money at once?The money is mine i dont need to say why i wanna it back do i? banks got insane and think they own your money till the moment you take it back ...
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012
Beyond Imagination

despite the whole 2008 crisis, theres no form of protecting our money besides btc being the only option.

Exactly, people are enslaved by the fiat money, but at the same time they are addicted to it
Activity: 672
Merit: 503
Wall Street and the Fed will take this market higher until all retail is in. However long that takes.

All about the transfer of wealth.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250

legendary
Activity: 1918
★Nitrogensports.eu★
Well. that´s great news and a huge relief especially since in its 2014 annual report the FDIC points out that its whole insurance fund constitutes just a fraction of a percent of all deposits in the system, and that its ‘reserve ratio’ is just 1.01%. So, all that bail-in talk we´ve been hearing is just pointless noise. And the simulation exercises that the U.S. has conducted  with the U.K. in recent years a totally useless waste of time.

I guess that no one in government have the slightest idea about what is going on inside banks. Because of this, when things went wrong, they always make the wrong decision, and hit the most trivial part of the system. They bailout the bank by giving them the right to create trillions of dollars, and then banks use those dollars to enslave the nation. They tried to regulate banks, but their bailout is in fact the biggest deregulation

Too big to fail is one concept they have become aware of after the crisis. If there is actual action on this front, then we can feel happy that the government has learnt something. It is definitely a costly lesson, but if it helps avert the next crisis, nothing like it.
Well. that´s great news and a huge relief especially since in its 2014 annual report the FDIC points out that its whole insurance fund constitutes just a fraction of a percent of all deposits in the system, and that its ‘reserve ratio’ is just 1.01%. So, all that bail-in talk we´ve been hearing is just pointless noise. And the simulation exercises that the U.S. has conducted  with the U.K. in recent years a totally useless waste of time.

I guess that no one in government have the slightest idea about what is going on inside banks. Because of this, when things went wrong, they always make the wrong decision, and hit the most trivial part of the system. They bailout the bank by giving them the right to create trillions of dollars, and then banks use those dollars to enslave the nation. They tried to regulate banks, but their bailout is in fact the biggest deregulation

Goldman Sachs usually appoints the Sec. of Treasury which then plays with the heads of the dumbasses in Wash. D.C. We´ll have to see how this all goes this time. Good luck, g
legendary
Beyond Imagination

Well. that´s great news and a huge relief especially since in its 2014 annual report the FDIC points out that its whole insurance fund constitutes just a fraction of a percent of all deposits in the system, and that its ‘reserve ratio’ is just 1.01%. So, all that bail-in talk we´ve been hearing is just pointless noise. And the simulation exercises that the U.S. has conducted  with the U.K. in recent years a totally useless waste of time.
legendary
Beyond Imagination
Because FED is going to raise the interest rate, no one except bitcoin can fight FED

The whole system is leveraged to the hilt and then some. The FED itself is leveraged like 80 to 1. Since bond yield and price move in opposite directions you can imagine the result for them and other financial institutions once they start hiking rates.

No, it won´t happen any time soon. What will though is QE number 4. Maybe it´s already in operation, this mess isn´t really famous for transparency.

Exactly, it won't happen any time soon

After QE123, major banks are sitting on 5X more base money than 2008, in fact they have printed all the money that they should print in future 30 years, and now all these money are in their pocket collecting interest from FED

With that amount of cash reserve, any kind of monetary policy that we have seen before will be useless: Raise the interest rate will not crash the market, bond negative return will not slow the bond buying frenzy, simply because there are too much money in every banks' reserve. If no one is taking loan (loan condition raised by banks, ironically by the request from the government), banks will spend these money by themselves. As a result, large amount of assets will be bought by the banks in the next decades

Banks buy assets, and if the price crashed, they sell assets to FED in exchange for money, and use new money to buy more assets...
Because FED is going to raise the interest rate, no one except bitcoin can fight FED

The whole system is leveraged to the hilt and then some. The FED itself is leveraged like 80 to 1. Since bond yield and price move in opposite directions you can imagine the result for them and other financial institutions once they start hiking rates.

No, it won´t happen any time soon. What will though is QE number 4. Maybe it´s already in operation, this mess isn´t really famous for transparency.
Pages:
Jump to: