Pages:
Author

Topic: Record High Margin Debt With Most Traders Betting Against This Market - page 5. (Read 6381 times)

legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012
Beyond Imagination
Because FED is going to raise the interest rate, no one except bitcoin can fight FED
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Well, if this continues it could be the beginning of the correction I was talking about the other day. First test of the 200-day MA and then maybe 1900.

BTW, Finviz now has included BTC in its Forex section

I think they want to test the 200-day moving average, which they haven´t really touched since last year and before that well not for years. It´s currently at 2050 or so in the S&P. It would be a very natural correction and not necessarily indicative of any imminent crash. Maybe it´ll drop to say 1900 for a breather.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
No one can precisely predict the time of bubble burst. There are still many ppl who are buying up and ignoring the looming risk. They are attracted by the profit.

Trying to predict when the bubble will burst is a recipe for disaster. When you recognize a bubble, it's time to get out. That doesn't mean that you have to exit the market completely. You would definately want to get out of you cyclical stocks though. Especially if a large chunk of their shares are held by institutional investors.

All bubbles eventually burst and its a pretty good idea to have a good cash position when it finally bottoms out to take advantage all the bargains available. So a partial liquidation of one's position wouldn't be a bad idea.

Just hanging on and riding the bubble looking at the long term won't help either. All that will do is erase a decades worth of gains like it did in 2008.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
No one can precisely predict the time of bubble burst. There are still many ppl who are buying up and ignoring the looming risk. They are attracted by the profit.
Don't fight the fed, they have very deep pockets.  The money in those very deep pockets might be imaginary, but as long as everyone is happy to keep on investing all of the newly printed money in the world into the markets, the prices will keep going up.

It will come tumbling down, but I wouldn't care to guess when. I think we might see 2500 on the S&P before we see 1500 again.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004
Yeah OROBTC, I actually picked the wrong chart and the wrong time frame. This one below is much better. It does look a bit ominous doesn´t it?

legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

galdur

You likely know that the S&P 500 blasted through its "Double Top" over the past four years. 

finviz apparently does not go far enough back to show that double top (at least as visibly as I have seen other longer-term S&P 500 charts), but the weekly chart DOES show the S&P 500 doubling over the past four years.  Checking their monthly chart shows a muted "second top".

I hold stocks (and am concerned...), but am well diversified into hard assets, etc.  Stocks (as well as most US real estate) have typically done well over a longer time frame.

"A perfect storm".  Nicely put.  It is coming.
I guess it was at the moon six months ago and hasn´t moved much since then.

Activity: 161
Merit: 100
Its a perfect storm.

You have market participants who have borrowed to record levels in order to own stocks, totally leveraged up, yet the majority of traders are increasing their bets that this market is going to fall-and soon.

Below is an options statistics sheet of (NYSEARCA:SPY) SPDR S&P 500 ETF Trust, from today 6-2-15.

... more

http://seekingalpha.com/instablog/29482055-gregory-mannarino/4058646-record-high-margin-debt-with-most-traders-betting-against-this-market

And this is why moon is in order!
 Wink
Its a perfect storm.

You have market participants who have borrowed to record levels in order to own stocks, totally leveraged up, yet the majority of traders are increasing their bets that this market is going to fall-and soon.

Below is an options statistics sheet of (NYSEARCA:SPY) SPDR S&P 500 ETF Trust, from today 6-2-15.

... more

http://seekingalpha.com/instablog/29482055-gregory-mannarino/4058646-record-high-margin-debt-with-most-traders-betting-against-this-market
Pages:
Jump to: