Pages:
Author

Topic: red pulse ICO worth it? - page 29. (Read 41771 times)

Activity: 686
Merit: 108
August 31, 2017, 10:45:36 PM
The problem with this ico is that it says on the website : The Red Pulse RPX token sale is not open to United States, Chinese, or Singapore nationals. why is that? lol
here is a link to the website to look for yourselves : https://coin.red-pulse.com/
Activity: 752
Merit: 500
August 31, 2017, 10:36:08 PM
@kronos123 I did invest in crypto market (around 600% profit) and I'm still investing in cryptos (not exactly in ICOs). I know FEW coins, but I don't have time lately to better know the new interesting ones (I still make more money in doing other business). Their pages are non-informative (technical info). If you know the answer, share it, if don't I understand your advice but I don't need it I need info.

I see only so many new people approaching the crypto thinking of making easy money. I'm just saying that if you do not even know how to use myetherwallet or other wallets then it's best not to invest in this world.
See also Ferret who does not know that the first day there is a 30% bonus and therefore 1 Neo = 1300 RPX

For KYC then I believe we must get used to it ... it will increasingly be used by all new cryptoes and will eventually use it all!
There's no way to do KYC in crypto.  It's all politics.  They can't possibly expect success with the ico and prove everyone's existence.  I've bought a few supposedly banned for US customer tokens with no problem.

I have the same thought. But when they send KYC, I'm a bit changing my mind.

When you don't submit KYC with the full info., it's their decision to send you the contribution address to attend the ICO or not. Many crypto guys don't like the idea that they cannot control the situation like that.
So people are going to verify every txn and that the KYC requirements are met?  I don't think they will.  I think if you send the NEO, you'll get the tokens. Other ico's, i.e. polybius, asked for KYC and I still got the tokens. 
Activity: 252
Merit: 100
August 31, 2017, 10:25:37 PM
@kronos123 I did invest in crypto market (around 600% profit) and I'm still investing in cryptos (not exactly in ICOs). I know FEW coins, but I don't have time lately to better know the new interesting ones (I still make more money in doing other business). Their pages are non-informative (technical info). If you know the answer, share it, if don't I understand your advice but I don't need it I need info.

I see only so many new people approaching the crypto thinking of making easy money. I'm just saying that if you do not even know how to use myetherwallet or other wallets then it's best not to invest in this world.
See also Ferret who does not know that the first day there is a 30% bonus and therefore 1 Neo = 1300 RPX

For KYC then I believe we must get used to it ... it will increasingly be used by all new cryptoes and will eventually use it all!
There's no way to do KYC in crypto.  It's all politics.  They can't possibly expect success with the ico and prove everyone's existence.  I've bought a few supposedly banned for US customer tokens with no problem.

I have the same thought. But when they send KYC, I'm a bit changing my mind.

When you don't submit KYC with the full info., it's their decision to send you the contribution address to attend the ICO or not. Many crypto guys don't like the idea that they cannot control the situation like that.
Activity: 378
Merit: 102
August 31, 2017, 07:43:28 PM
If you look on Chinese forums, they aren't even talking about it that much.
Activity: 155
August 31, 2017, 06:27:25 PM
I'm really tired of all these "financial-investment" ICOs (banks, trading, predicting market), I think there's enough out there already. I want to see something practical.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 391
August 31, 2017, 06:01:20 PM

But I'm sure that within a maximum of two years and all new companies will ask for identity papers to participate in the ICOs, just as the Exchange will do. They will then be placed in the BC of the company itself.

This may or may not, but will be reality in a few years.
August 31, 2017, 05:39:27 PM

Activity: 1022
Merit: 391
August 31, 2017, 04:46:31 PM

Activity: 63
Merit: 0
August 31, 2017, 04:22:08 PM
A news app basically.. lol  Huh
Dont over hype this for more than it is. and there was a lot of talk about China's market this and that, yet no they can't participate.. anyway. yeah theres so much buzz now that people will probably make a return on this coin but im not gonna lose sleep over attempting to participate.
Activity: 476
August 31, 2017, 02:29:04 PM
I just got an email from Red Pulse:

Thank you for your interest in the Red Pulse RPX sale. We are implementing a pre-registration KYC (Know Your Customer) whitelist for our RPX sale. The form will require the following information:

Name
Email
Passport - proof of country of citizenship (US, Singaporean, China citizens not allowed)
NEO wallet address
For instructions on how to get a NEO wallet and address, please see: https://coin.red-pulse.com/neon-wallet-instructions. You may NOT use an exchange wallet address.

Contributions received during the RPX sale will not be accepted if any information is missing, or if the NEO wallet address does not match what you submitted.

So as a US Citizen, it seems there's no way around this.  I remember the polybius ICO asked for this information too but I didn't submit it and I received their tokens so is this real?  I can't imagine they're going to go through thousands of transactions looking for KYC info.  Seems like another CYA policy.  I'm still going to buy tokens at ICO.

Yea I also read this. Blocking those three regions is a huge chunk users, so I think it'll hurt them. Wonder if you can get away with just applying without the info

I do like this though:

Each person will be limited to a cap of 50,000 USD equivalent in NEO tokens, with one contribution per person.

Gives everybody a chance to get some tokens and prevents whales from eating them all up
August 31, 2017, 02:21:00 PM
I just got an email from Red Pulse:

Thank you for your interest in the Red Pulse RPX sale. We are implementing a pre-registration KYC (Know Your Customer) whitelist for our RPX sale. The form will require the following information:

Name
Email
Passport - proof of country of citizenship (US, Singaporean, China citizens not allowed)
NEO wallet address
For instructions on how to get a NEO wallet and address, please see: https://coin.red-pulse.com/neon-wallet-instructions. You may NOT use an exchange wallet address.

Contributions received during the RPX sale will not be accepted if any information is missing, or if the NEO wallet address does not match what you submitted.

So as a US Citizen, it seems there's no way around this.  I remember the polybius ICO asked for this information too but I didn't submit it and I received their tokens so is this real?  I can't imagine they're going to go through thousands of transactions looking for KYC info.  Seems like another CYA policy.  I'm still going to buy tokens at ICO.
Activity: 13
August 31, 2017, 02:18:54 AM
You can ask questions on their slack channel or just email them, email address is on their website.

You will have to send your tokens from neo wallet and they will send when ico over the coins to your wallet.
Activity: 205
August 31, 2017, 01:07:18 AM
Im sure they will publish the deposit address at the open of the ICO if not earlier
Activity: 280
August 31, 2017, 01:06:27 AM
What even is red pulse if you guys don't mind me asking? Also, congrats to all the NEO believers on your first ICO!
Activity: 1
August 31, 2017, 12:50:25 AM
Confused about the investment.  It says the public crowdsale starts at sept 10
and they will only accept NEO 1:1000 from a neo wallet.  That's fine.  How do
actually submit payment and get a proper receipt to get the tokens?

I don't see any way of contacting Red Pulse folks to ask questions.

- MS
Activity: 6
August 30, 2017, 02:42:08 PM
August 30, 2017, 02:21:11 PM
I don't know why I would invest in a Chinese ICO that is built on something called the Chinese ethereum where Chinese citizens can't participate. Am I missing something?

I'm not here to promote the ICO, but there could be a lot of reasons to invest in this. What's important is if the project seems solid to your standard, it's a reason to invest.

The ICO is from a Chinese company, yes, but they operate globally. It's build on the so-called 'Chinese ethereum'. This is just a label put on the project. It just means it's the equivalent to ethereum by a company that focused on the Chinese market and was able to better penetrate that market. China is a different market and a beast of a market at that. It's not that easy to penetrate, but if you do, it's very lucrative.

That Chinese citizens are banned from the ICO is a point that's debatable if you ask me. Just because they can't participate in the ICO, doesn't mean they are prohibited from buying the coin when it hits exchanges. This could raise its price. If this will happen, who knows? No one knows what Chinese regulators are planning to do, but all in all, you have to do your due diligence and see if you want to risk your money on this one.

On a last note, I do believe NEO would love to see it's first ICO be successful...
Merit: 102
August 30, 2017, 01:36:13 PM
I don't know why I would invest in a Chinese ICO that is built on something called the Chinese ethereum where Chinese citizens can't participate. Am I missing something?
August 30, 2017, 12:29:46 PM
Im personally going to hold my NEO but you could speculate that now the Chinese cannot participate in the ICO the demand post-ico will be huge from the chinese investors looking to get in.

Ahh good point, is that how it works legally in America too? As in the SEC has no problem with you buying securities as long as its not in the ICO / IPO?
just use a VPN.  I buy restricted ico's all the time

You never run into a KYC form when you try to get your coins out?

Never heard of it.

The website just requested us to mark that we are not U.S. citizens or not representative of them. The coins/tokens will normally be automatically transferred to ICO attendees wallet by smart contract.
Actually they said they are going to verify that before the ICO. I asked the same question to the Red Pulse team member yesterday and he said they will be asking for passport or any other national id to make sure the person buying during the ICO is not from the banned countries. Dont know if they will actually do that but he said so.

If they're going to do it, it's fair to do so beforehand so you can't participate to begin with.

I've participated in an ICO where they delegated the coin to their web wallet and when I tried to send out, they hit me with a KYC form (asking ID and utility bill etc). If you used a VPN to get in, you're screwed at that point: they got your money and your coins are stuck.

I don't know how Red Pulse is delegating their coins, but be aware that this could happen.
Merit: 101
August 30, 2017, 07:49:55 AM
Im personally going to hold my NEO but you could speculate that now the Chinese cannot participate in the ICO the demand post-ico will be huge from the chinese investors looking to get in.

Ahh good point, is that how it works legally in America too? As in the SEC has no problem with you buying securities as long as its not in the ICO / IPO?
just use a VPN.  I buy restricted ico's all the time

You never run into a KYC form when you try to get your coins out?

Never heard of it.

The website just requested us to mark that we are not U.S. citizens or not representative of them. The coins/tokens will normally be automatically transferred to ICO attendees wallet by smart contract.
Actually they said they are going to verify that before the ICO. I asked the same question to the Red Pulse team member yesterday and he said they will be asking for passport or any other national id to make sure the person buying during the ICO is not from the banned countries. Dont know if they will actually do that but he said so.
Pages:
Jump to: