Author

Topic: Reddit’s science forum banned climate deniers. - page 136. (Read 636443 times)

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
minds.com/Wilikon
100 000 + views!
That is the highest view count in the Politics and Society forum.

For a somewhat goofy and arcane subject, albeit one that people are constantly browbeat with, I am surprised.

This number states that science is not yet settled...

legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038
100 000 + views!

For a somewhat goofy and arcane subject, albeit one that people are constantly browbeat with, I am surprised.

The weather has always been the #1 topic of conversation.

legendary
Activity: 4690
Merit: 1276

Report: FEMA to Dole Out Disaster Preparation Cash Only to States That Buy Into Global Warming Hoax

This is absolutely dispicable.

I was bothered/disgusted when GW Bush allowed California to be ass-raped in an unsuccessful attempt (we later found out) bail out his buddy Ken Lay.  I was down there at the time with rolling blackouts going through Silicoln Valley.  We worker bees 'got' to go home, but I was vastly more interested in working on my projects than doing so.  I cannot imagine how much it cost the industry.  A year before that I had been home to Oregon and watched a 12 gas line go in faster than I've ever seen people work.  While I was stopped at a crossing and BSing with one of the workers the guy told me that the gas was to be flowing into the area and back down into the ground for storage.  After getting hit with a monster gas bill back down in CA it hit me how that game was played.

(Oh, BTW, I might mention again that Ken Lay was on President Clinton's 'President's Council on Sustainable Development' funny enough.)

The Feds playing such games is beyond repulsive.  Under Obama they have done the same type of thing to get the Common Core education regime fast-tracked through all the governors and generally perfected the technique to a form of art.  The local 'non-profit' watershed association can pull in well over $100,000 to dump 8 or 10 logs in the river these days...and the logs are usually donated!  The Feds clearly have way to much money than is good for our states and our nation.  I see now more clearly the incentive toward auditing the fed and states rights efforts.  Better late than never I guess.

If I were in Jindel's shoes I would take the money, but in doing so make a giant overblown tongue-n-cheek clown-act at how much I believed in catastrophic global climate change and how all the $billions of dollars flowing down from the Fed has made the problem very clear and so on.  I'd go on all the comedy TV shows (if any would allow me on) and so on making fun of the whole scam.  I'd have about 50,000 ideas about what projects can help with the looming crisis and put them all into a hat and make a big show about picking them out.  I'd get together with the like-minded leaders and do various Python-esque skits.  Really try to draw attention to the scammery, and the NRDC would be a major punching bag.  Stuff like that.

legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1386
100 000 + views!

legendary
minds.com/Wilikon

100 000 + views! Thank you for participating all of you, especially the warmists. A warmist's input is always welcome here and highly valuable, full of data and links to support their religion, as everyone can see...

Grin Cheesy Grin

Even trolls are welcome.

Even the paid Warmer troll who repented and told us how much he was getting paid.  I can't recall, maybe there were two of those.

That is true. Too bad the search tool is (still?) broken in bitcointalk.org. I'll have google that post one day.

Maybe I need to be a paid warmist troll. I will point to every single post by this Wilikon fella and ask for extra $$$ to fight him off, until the last polar bear...

legendary

100 000 + views! Thank you for participating all of you, especially the warmists. A warmist's input is always welcome here and highly valuable, full of data and links to support their religion, as everyone can see...

Grin Cheesy Grin

Even trolls are welcome.

Even the paid Warmer troll who repented and told us how much he was getting paid.  I can't recall, maybe there were two of those.

legendary
minds.com/Wilikon

Gov. Jerry Brown: Cruz “Unfit” To Be President Because He Doesn’t Get Climate Change Is So Urgent It Requires Almost A “Crusade”

See, Climate Change is a religion.

California Gov. Jerry Brown (D), speaking Sunday on NBC’s “Meet the Press,” deemed Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Tex.) “unfit” to run for president because of his views on climate change.

“That man betokens such a level of ignorance and a direct falsification of the existing scientific data,” he said. “It’s shocking, and I think that man has rendered himself absolutely unfit to be running for office.”

Brown said there should be urgency to deal with climate change. “I think this almost has to be at the level of a crusade,” he said.

This week, Brown announced a $1 billion emergency package to deal with the state’s drought, which is entering its fourth year. “We are running out of time because it’s not raining,” he said. “This is a serious matter we’re experiencing in California, as kind of a foretaste. But there is no doubt that into the future, we’re going to have more problems.” He also said research results show a “connection” between California’s drought and climate change.

When asked by host Chuck Todd whether he would run for president if he was 10 years younger, Brown said he would.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2015/03/22/ted-cruz-unfit-to-run-for-president-because-of-his-views-on-climate-change-jerry-brown-says/

------------------------------------------------------------------

Grin Cheesy Grin

legendary
Just checking in to remind everyone that it's still awesome and amusing that reddit banned the oil shills from r/science. Suck it, conservatards.
When greentards become pro nuclear I will believe that they are not actually oil and coal shills.
Unfortunately for everyone, both oil and nuclear power are profit-driven enterprises. They are poisoned by the disease of capitalism.

John Oliver and Bill Nye on climate change

Sci Show on climate change

Unfortunately for everyone, both wind energy and solar energy are profit driven enterprises.  They are truly poisoned by the disease of klepto krony kapitalism.

LOL...
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

Unfortunately for everyone, both oil and nuclear power are profit-driven enterprises. They are poisoned by the disease of capitalism.

oh please.. what is not in these days.. bitcoin? Grin

Cryptocurrency is the democratization of money, terrible for a select few people, great for everyone else on the planet.

mehe, cant have the begining of a tangible/objective argument here instead of parroting like a idiot the noobish bitcoin pitch you've been told? no wonder you also get fudge by that green saussage. DP to teh people! ^^
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

Cryptocurrency is the democratization of money, terrible for a select few people, great for everyone else on the planet.
legendary

Just checking in to remind everyone that it's still awesome and amusing that reddit banned the oil shills from r/science. Suck it, conservatards.
When greentards become pro nuclear I will believe that they are not actually oil and coal shills.

John Oliver and Bill Nye on climate change

Sci Show on climate change
legendary

Because being a Nuclear Power Denier means more fossil fuel will be used.  Suck it, greentard.

greentards: "because less CO2 means more green leaves"

QFT.. not.  Cheesy
legendary

Because being a Nuclear Power Denier means more fossil fuel will be used.  Suck it, greentard.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

Why is EVERYTHING a conspiracy with you guys. I mean I do believe conspiracies are real, but good lord it's just non stop with you guys, you cant formulate a single sentence without alluding to a conspiracy. It's exhausting. We don't do that. Even though there is massive amounts of money and power that stands to be gained from the proliferation of your ideas for certain wealthy and powerful interests, we don't accuse every dissenting comment to be the product of state shills or shills for the green industry cronies. A little reciprocity would be nice.
legendary

If Lockheed's breakthroughs in fusion may put a screetching halt to a lot of this.  

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/10/15/us-lockheed-fusion-idUSKCN0I41EM20141015

"... looking for partners in academia, industry and among government laboratories to advance the work." "... complete a design, build and test it in as little as a year, which should produce an operational reactor in 10 years..."

In other words they aint got shit and want free labor from scientists and taxpayer funding for 10 years worth hot fusion research to add to the last 30 years of failure and billions down the drain LOL.

I'm not aware of any history of Lockheed-Martin bullshitting people around.

What I never thought much of and what seemed scammy were the Tokamak reactor designs.

Of course you could be right.

But if we need 120 years of work to get these puppies powered up, let's have another 10.
legendary
Activity: 4690
Merit: 1276

If Lockheed's breakthroughs in fusion may put a screetching halt to a lot of this.  

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/10/15/us-lockheed-fusion-idUSKCN0I41EM20141015

"... looking for partners in academia, industry and among government laboratories to advance the work." "... complete a design, build and test it in as little as a year, which should produce an operational reactor in 10 years..."

In other words they aint got shit and want free labor from scientists and taxpayer funding for 10 years worth hot fusion research to add to the last 30 years of failure and billions down the drain LOL.

I've always figured that we (in the U.S.) would finally get fusion about a year before either Russia or China figured it out.

Look for some real fireworks on the economic and political fronts if fusion pops up as a practical reality in the distinct future, and not good ones for we here in the U.S.  I'm planning to duck and cover.

I might add that a puff-piece in Reuters about some Lockheed vaporware does not mean much to me, but it is enough to make me keep an eye open.

legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

legendary
Yea hydrogen is dumb but I am pretty excited about super capacitor electric cars though. Oman i cant wait to have a sports car with a super capacitor in it. 0-60 in sub 3 seconds with no transmission. we will be able to drive cars that take off like fighter jets on an air craft carrier. Grin
Yeah, maybe until you have a wreck and instantaneous discharge....

lol....

Actually I like Prius, Teslas, etc...but not because they are trendy in some cults or fuel efficient or gonna save the world or any  of that crap.  They are just different and cool.

The electric cars, to understand them just think of them having a coal burning engine in the back, belching smoke.

Because that's where their power comes from.  But the liars pushing the Warmer scams do not tell people that.

It is interesting that many of the 'deniers' take an active interest in certain things which have been appropriated by the 'greens' just because they are cool.  IIRC, the Anthony Watt guy who runs the popular 'denier' website has a solar rig.  I've got some modest solar stuff to which I've not gotten around to playing with, but I do spend a great deal of mental energy deciding where to do what on my property with an eye toward maximizing the benefits of solar flux (and minimizing the negative aspects of it for that matter.)  It seems to me that when we 'deniers' put up solar panels it is not with some unrealistic expectations about economics or ecology, but more because we have some extra spending money and an interest in the physics.

I have been fascinated by the concept of using hydrogen for at least 30 years.  I never considered it for motive power, but as an infrastructure and storage mechanism it has some theoretical possibilities.  Chiefly, it opens the possibility to make the best use of energy where it can be found.  But it has some real practical dis-advantages.  I have zero surprise that nothing of significance has happened with it because, quite simply, it is just just impractical for economic and materials science reasons.  For now.  Maybe that will change in the future, but I'm not holding my breath because it will likely be after I'm long gone.

BTW, I've mentioned before that the seeds of skepticism about the whole enviro-energy thing have been floating around mind for a long time.  The gross inflation of some of the (very cool) ideas about energy which I've seen over the years are the reason for this, and also I have hands-on experiance building machines and keeping them operational.  Only more recently did I become more aware of the enormity of the problem of grifters in the space and the connection to unrelated social engineering projects...but only more recently did I try to study the problem Smiley

Jump to: