Author

Topic: Reddit’s science forum banned climate deniers. - page 179. (Read 636443 times)

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1386
Wait wait, man-made climate change is actually debatable, I thought he was bitching about people who deny climate change and global warming completely which I'd totally understand, this is kind of like when you talk to people about whether they mean inflation of the money supply or if you're looking at the prices of something.

Why is it always the fucking Americans that make perfectly normal and rational debates so stupid?

Well, he says right there ...

will award prize money to anyone who uses the scientific method to prove that human activity has not been a factor leading to climate change......

Which is NOT AN ARGUMENT ANYONE HAS MADE!

This is in logic called "creating a strawman".

It tells me he is a coward, otherwise he would use his high IQ which he must have being a Professor, and he would make a challenge based on actual arguments. 

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
minds.com/Wilikon
Wait wait, man-made climate change is actually debatable, I thought he was bitching about people who deny climate change and global warming completely which I'd totally understand, this is kind of like when you talk to people about whether they mean inflation of the money supply or if you're looking at the prices of something.

Why is it always the fucking Americans that make perfectly normal and rational debates so stupid?

Calling anyone who does not believe in the AGW doctrine a denier is an international sport, just like the world cup.

legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

legendary

FREE MONEY ALERT!

Want to Disprove Man-Made Climate Change? A Scientist Will Give You $10,000 if You Can

A physics professor is so fed up with the claims made by “climate change deniers” that he has launched a “$10,000 Global Warming Skeptic Challenge.”

Dr. Christopher Keating, a scientist who has previously taught a the University of South Dakota and for the U.S. Naval Academy, issued a challenge for someone to scientifically disprove global warming. (Image source: PR Newswire)
Dr. Christopher Keating, a scientist who has previously taught a the University of South Dakota and for the U.S. Naval Academy, issued a challenge for someone to scientifically disprove global warming. (Image source: PR Web)
The challenge issued by Dr. Christopher Keating, a professor who previously taught at the University of South Dakota and the U.S. Naval Academy, according to a news release, will award prize money to anyone who uses the scientific method to prove that human activity has not been a factor leading to climate change......

“This is no joke. If someone can provide a proof that I can’t refute, using scientific evidence, then I will write them a check.”

http://dialoguesonglobalwarming.blogspot.com/

--------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to attach your coinbase account #  Grin

My question would be "Sir. Since you are lying about what skeptics say about global warming, why should anyone believe  your assertion you will pay out?"
legendary
minds.com/Wilikon
legendary
minds.com/Wilikon

FREE MONEY ALERT!

Want to Disprove Man-Made Climate Change? A Scientist Will Give You $10,000 if You Can

A physics professor is so fed up with the claims made by “climate change deniers” that he has launched a “$10,000 Global Warming Skeptic Challenge.”

Dr. Christopher Keating, a scientist who has previously taught a the University of South Dakota and for the U.S. Naval Academy, issued a challenge for someone to scientifically disprove global warming. (Image source: PR Newswire)
Dr. Christopher Keating, a scientist who has previously taught a the University of South Dakota and for the U.S. Naval Academy, issued a challenge for someone to scientifically disprove global warming. (Image source: PR Web)
The challenge issued by Dr. Christopher Keating, a professor who previously taught at the University of South Dakota and the U.S. Naval Academy, according to a news release, will award prize money to anyone who uses the scientific method to prove that human activity has not been a factor leading to climate change.

Keating, who published the e-book “Undeniable: Dialogues on Global Warming,” wrote on his blog that he would be the final judge of any entries and would provide his comments “on why any entry fails to prove the point.”

“I know you are not going to get rich with $10,000. But, tell me, wouldn’t you like to have a spare $10,000? After all, the skeptics all claim it is a simple matter, and it doesn’t even have to be original,” Keating wrote. “If it is so easy, just cut and paste the proof from somewhere. Provide the scientific evidence and prove your point and the $10,000 is yours!

“This is no joke. If someone can provide a proof that I can’t refute, using scientific evidence, then I will write them a check.”

http://dialoguesonglobalwarming.blogspot.com/

--------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to attach your coinbase account #  Grin

legendary
minds.com/Wilikon

Obama: “Hurricane Intensity” To Increase “As Climate Continues to Warm” – Reality: 17 Years With No Temp Increase, No Major Hurricanes Have Hit U.S. For Last 8 Years…

Pres. Obama warns “hurricane intensity” will increase due to global warming, even as the U.S. is in the midst of a record hurricane hiatus and there’s been no global warming in the past 17 years.

Obama said global warming would also “make storms more costly” in proclaiming this week (May 25-31) National Hurricane Preparedness Week:

“As the climate continues to warm, hurricane intensity and rainfall are projected to increase, and we expect sea level rise to make storm surges more costly. That is why, last year, I issued an Executive Order directing the Federal Governmentto take coordinated action to prepare our Nation for theimpacts of climate change. In the years ahead we will remain committed to increasing resilience, investing in scientific research, and cutting red tape so we can quickly send assistance where it is needed most.” [....]

“NOW, THEREFORE, I, BARACK OBAMA, President of the United States of America, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the laws of the United States, dohereby proclaim May 25 through May 31, 2014, as National Hurricane Preparedness Week. I call upon government agencies, private organizations, schools, media, and residents in the coastal areas of our Nation to share information about hurricane preparedness and response to help save lives and protect communities.”

But, today, the Washington Post reported that it’s been more than eight years since the last major hurricane landfall in the U.S.

http://cnsnews.com/mrctv-blog/craig-bannister/obama-proclaims-hurricane-intensity-increase-climate-continues-warm

legendary

Feds Research Breeding Sheep With Lower Methane-Emitting Flatulence

The U.S. government funded research into methane emissions from sheep digestive systems — flatulence and burps — to see why some sheep produce more of the greenhouse gas than others.

Researchers with the Energy Department’s Joint Genome Institute wanted to find out exactly why animals of the same species produce different levels of methane. The ultimate hope of the the research is to find ways to breed livestock that produce less methane when they pass gas.

“The deep sequencing study contributes to this breeding program by defining the microbial contribution to the methane trait, which can be used in addition to methane measurements to assist in animal selection,” said senior scientist Graeme Attwood with AgResearch Limited, a senior author on the paper.

JGI researchers looked at the methane emissions of 22 sheep that are part of a breeding program in New Zealand that aims to breed sheep that emit less methane. They found that sheep with low methane-emitting flatulence had elevated levels of Methanosphaera — a species of methanogen. Sheep with high methane-emitting flatulence had elevated levels of the methanogen Methanobrevibacter gottschalkii.

http://dailycaller.com/2014/06/23/feds-research-breeding-sheep-with-lower-methane-emitting-flatulence/#ixzz35UsNihN1

Of course, after doing their research and determining that cow farts produce methane, and having previously subscribed a holy vows of methane is bad, the remaining quandary is what to do to force people to lower methane emissions from cows and sheep.

Obviously we need a Chicago based exchange trading cow and sheep farts.  A cap and trade program with progressive penalties would work, and you would be able to trade your fart rights with others who needed them more than you.

If you think this sounds like it came from the Onion, then you know it's probably what these guys are going to try to do.
legendary
minds.com/Wilikon

Feds Research Breeding Sheep With Lower Methane-Emitting Flatulence

The U.S. government funded research into methane emissions from sheep digestive systems — flatulence and burps — to see why some sheep produce more of the greenhouse gas than others.

Researchers with the Energy Department’s Joint Genome Institute wanted to find out exactly why animals of the same species produce different levels of methane. The ultimate hope of the the research is to find ways to breed livestock that produce less methane when they pass gas.

“The deep sequencing study contributes to this breeding program by defining the microbial contribution to the methane trait, which can be used in addition to methane measurements to assist in animal selection,” said senior scientist Graeme Attwood with AgResearch Limited, a senior author on the paper.

JGI researchers looked at the methane emissions of 22 sheep that are part of a breeding program in New Zealand that aims to breed sheep that emit less methane. They found that sheep with low methane-emitting flatulence had elevated levels of Methanosphaera — a species of methanogen. Sheep with high methane-emitting flatulence had elevated levels of the methanogen Methanobrevibacter gottschalkii.

http://dailycaller.com/2014/06/23/feds-research-breeding-sheep-with-lower-methane-emitting-flatulence/#ixzz35UsNihN1

legendary
minds.com/Wilikon

NOAA And NASA Data Alterations Are Global

I’ve shown how NASA and NOAA have dramatically altered the US temperature record, and they are doing the same thing in other countries, like Iceland and Australia – almost always cooling the past, which creates the appearance of warming.

Iceland:

Australia

http://stevengoddard.wordpress.com/2014/06/23/noaa-and-nasa-data-alterations-are-global/

legendary
minds.com/Wilikon

Goddard shows how, in recent years, NOAA’s US Historical Climatology Network (USHCN) has been “adjusting” its record by replacing real temperatures with data “fabricated” by computer models. The effect of this has been to downgrade earlier temperatures and to exaggerate those from recent decades, to give the impression that the Earth has been warming up much more than is justified by the actual data. In several posts headed “Data tampering at USHCN/GISS”, Goddard compares the currently published temperature graphs with those based only on temperatures measured at the time. These show that the US has actually been cooling since the Thirties, the hottest decade on record; whereas the latest graph, nearly half of it based on “fabricated” data, shows it to have been warming at a rate equivalent to more than 3 degrees centigrade per century.
When I first began examining the global-warming scare, I found nothing more puzzling than the way officially approved scientists kept on being shown to have finagled their data, as in that ludicrous “hockey stick” graph, pretending to prove that the world had suddenly become much hotter than at any time in 1,000 years. Any theory needing to rely so consistently on fudging the evidence, I concluded, must be looked on not as science at all, but as simply a rather alarming case study in the aberrations of group psychology.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/environment/10916086/The-scandal-of-fiddled-global-warming-data.html

Activity: 266
Merit: 250
"Climate deniers".

Isn't that a stupid term?

Way to go, reddit. Like those climate scientists making threats to those who are publishing findings that are contrary to their hypothesis. Makes me want to consider speading climate change denialist propaganda.
The term is carefully crafted propaganda to associate people who do not agree with the man made global warming hypothesis with "holocaust deniers" which is legally a crime in some countries, and a hair short of calling someone antisemitic. So in short, in their mind, having an opinion of your own means you supported Hitler's extermination of millions of people. Clearly the Nazi party was very friendly to people with opposing opinions no?

The difference between people who don't believe in climate change and people who don't believe that the holocaust happened is great.

There are literately millions of eye witnesses to what the Nazis did (and tried to do) to the Jews during WW2. This is something that actually happened in the past.

Climate change is something that could happen in the future. There is a huge difference.
Activity: 125
Merit: 100
please start to ignore politicians, maybe it gets pumped. thnx
legendary

It's nice that he spoke to the same people driving their hybrid Prius at 85mph in the HOV lanes.  Not once have I ever heard this president actually urge people to consume less.  To think about whether they need something before buying it.  Then again his pitiful economic recovery requires spending every last cent of credit on whatever item you can get...

Teddy was a much better steward of the environment.

Exactly.  Note that isn't true of every style of economic recovery.  We could have an "economic recovery" by creating wars.  We could have an "economic recovery" by committing to a crash program to colonize Mars.
Or by committing to reindustrialize.  Or to put a 3d printer in every home.  To see that "every family owned some bitcoin."

Best to NOT let politicians get involved in things like this.
legendary

You guys are such clowns.  You make fun of all these little terms people invent then you use stuff like "environmental imperialism".  Is that like "environmental communism" or "environmental democracy" ?

I've parsed your grammar in your posts and analyzed all 158 of them.  Hello, paid troll.

I hadn't visited here since I started being paid.  I did visit though and this is what I saw.  At least I have valid points.  I'm gonna give up being paid though, it was just an experiment and a big waste of time at that.

Please though, continue on with your analysis of my posts.  I would like you to learn something.

edit - Also, I've not been "paid" yet.  Wink  All $.33 per post. rofl.
A little honesty can go a long way toward gaining respect.
DrG
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

It's nice that he spoke to the same people driving their hybrid Prius at 85mph in the HOV lanes.  Not once have I ever heard this president actually urge people to consume less.  To think about whether they need something before buying it.  Then again his pitiful economic recovery requires spending every last cent of credit on whatever item you can get...

Teddy was a much better steward of the environment.
Jump to: