Pages:
Author

Topic: Reddit’s science forum banned climate deniers. - page 29. (Read 636443 times)

legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1386
[img]http://assets.climatecentral.org/images....

Of the hottest years on record, 15 out of 17 have come since 2000. By contrast, more than a century has gone by since the planet had a record cold year (1911). In addition, this marks 39 years in a row with above average global temperatures and 372 months in a row with global temperatures above average.

I certainly hope the new administration will put a halt to this pro-global-warming hysterical propaganda in the first 100 days.

Read the following carefully.

If after a year or two of the OBVIOUS PROPAGANDA and lies having been stopped, un pressured and objective scientific discussion indicates us bad boys are the cause of the nightmarish fiery doom these wackos say is inevitable, then I will accept it.

For now, no.  Fuck your bullshit.

Problem is that you claim scientists aren't objective. Why? What kind of pressure do they have?

Is that because they're paid by the government?
Well here's a news: scientific studies have to be funded by something or someone.

The question is: do you think a state funded study is more objective that a petrol company funded study?
Pretty obvious for me though.

Unless you have a solution to get scientists to become "unpressured and totally objective"?

This has not just been discussed, but also extensively documented. 

It is a very good and pertinent question, I grant you.
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!

Of the hottest years on record, 15 out of 17 have come since 2000. By contrast, more than a century has gone by since the planet had a record cold year (1911). In addition, this marks 39 years in a row with above average global temperatures and 372 months in a row with global temperatures above average.

I certainly hope the new administration will put a halt to this pro-global-warming hysterical propaganda in the first 100 days.

If after a year or two of the OBVIOUS PROPAGANDA and lies having been stopped, un pressured and objective scientific discussion indicates us bad boys are the cause of the nightmarish fiery doom these wackos say is inevitable, then I will accept it.

Problem is that you claim scientists aren't objective. Why? What kind of pressure do they have?

Is that because they're paid by the government?
Well here's a news: scientific studies have to be funded by something or someone.

The question is: do you think a state funded study is more objective that a petrol company funded study?
Pretty obvious for me though.

Unless you have a solution to get scientists to become "unpressured and totally objective"?
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1188
Merit: 1016

Source: http://www.climatecentral.org/gallery/graphics/the-10-hottest-years-on-record

OK, so this data seems compelling, especially when we take into account the correlation between the increase in temperature and the increase in CO2 in the atmosphere:

Source: http://climate.nasa.gov/climate_resources/24/

I understand that the Earth's temperature has fluctuated a lot more in the past than it is now, but never with the same correlation of CO2 concentration in the atmosphere.
I also understand that the concentration of CO2 has often lagged behind the temperature changes in the past, but as I understand it this is a two way street - if the CO2 concentration gets too high, too quickly, it can certainly cause warming and a feedback loop. Just because this hasn't happened in the past doesn't mean it isn't happening now.

Not to mention there could be other effects of such a rapid warming, such as methane being released from permafrost, causing the feedback loop to become even more extreme.

Another interesting link regarding the authorities/groups of scientists that are actually measuring the changes in temperature - It seems that there are 4 independent bodies producing datasets in this field:

https://www.carbonbrief.org/explainer-how-do-scientists-measure-global-temperature

Although not a huge amount of datasets, their data seems to correlate reasonably closely as far as I can see, and it's certainly not a single organisation making up data as they go along.

Yes, many of the earlier climate models that people shouted about 5-20 years ago were way off, but that doesn't mean that the current data is wrong. Past performance is not necessarily an indication of future performance - you just need to look at the Bitcoin charts to see that!
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
I am sure that the problem with climate change is there, but I'm not sure that this is a consequence of human activity. It was also the times to the people when the earth had periods of warming and cooling.

It's just a little sped up due the industrial revolution and heavy usage of fossil fuel, but yeah it's natural occurrence.
Probably a fair assessment.  Be funny if that "little speed up" protects us from a little ice age that seems to be coming, wouldn't it?

If anything saves us it will be the spraying program. Lets hope they can stave off the warming long enough to avoid the coming ice age.

It seems to me that the warming is somewhat contrived theme. In my country the average temperature has not changed. Though of course increased extreme weather. Yesterday was -15 and today +1

Oh well if you didn't see a change in your daily life I don't see why we should worry then.

I guess NASA measures must be wrong. Otherwise you would definitely feel something. Seems obvious to me.
Activity: 826
Merit: 501
To the scientific world, this tactic is not familiar. It seems to me that scientists could not make such a decision. Sure it could go only to politicians and businessmen who earn a lot of money.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038
Reddit is just a cesspit of people circle jerking their opinion off

You have to go to smaller subreddits to keep the conversation real

The CEO of Reddit Steve "fuck u/spez" (((Huffman))) modded r/cannibals.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Reddit is just a cesspit of people circle jerking their opinion off

You have to go to smaller subreddits to keep the conversation real
Activity: 197
Merit: 100
Very stupid tactic. When there are no arguments to convince their opponents the easiest way to deny to deny his theory. On this way went to the Islamists. In many Muslim countries there is a punishment for denying Islam.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002
kind reminder

Activity: 910
Merit: 1004
buy silver!
For the record...I dont go to any one media site, except one...I go to the cbc everyday, because my tax dollars fund that shit.  I do go to drudge report and a lot of other sites.  I go to leftie sites and i go to righties sites.  If you dont go to both, then you only getting half the story.  I dont like sites that I cant comment on and I tend to stay away from those sites.  Everyone has an agenda, so much propaganda.  Here's another quote.

“If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.”
Mark Twain
I agree completely with this statement. Now the world is ruled by money and for the sake of earning arranged the whole disinformation of the company. Remember the tale about the bird and swine flu.

you must be reading what im reading because i did read an interesting article on the cdc and swine flu.  which reminds me, that i should maybe watch vaxxed sooner or later.  disclaimer, my son had a reaction to mmr.

wasnt there a scientist at the cdc that was into beastility, some woman?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/11/kimberly-quinlan-lindsey_n_1004881.html

Activity: 262
For the record...I dont go to any one media site, except one...I go to the cbc everyday, because my tax dollars fund that shit.  I do go to drudge report and a lot of other sites.  I go to leftie sites and i go to righties sites.  If you dont go to both, then you only getting half the story.  I dont like sites that I cant comment on and I tend to stay away from those sites.  Everyone has an agenda, so much propaganda.  Here's another quote.

“If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.”
Mark Twain
I agree completely with this statement. Now the world is ruled by money and for the sake of earning arranged the whole disinformation of the company. Remember the tale about the bird and swine flu.
buy silver!
Basically 'fake news' cannot survive when there is a comments section.  When they publish fake news it is immediately called out.  I often skim the comments before taking the time to really read the article (as opposed to quickly skimming it.)...

There's also the fact that the comments are almost always hilarious and much more interesting than  the article.

Thats true too, but more and more sites are getting rid of their comment sections.
legendary
Basically 'fake news' cannot survive when there is a comments section.  When they publish fake news it is immediately called out.  I often skim the comments before taking the time to really read the article (as opposed to quickly skimming it.)...

There's also the fact that the comments are almost always hilarious and much more interesting than  the article.

legendary
Activity: 4690
Merit: 1276

Mark Twain

Sites which don't have an easy-to-find and easy-to-use comments section are a big red flag saying 'fake news' to me.  I also try to look at news sources from all sides even if I have to force myself, but when one does not have a comments section, I strike it of my list.

Basically 'fake news' cannot survive when there is a comments section.  When they publish fake news it is immediately called out.  I often skim the comments before taking the time to really read the article (as opposed to quickly skimming it.)

Another class of news outfit will have a comments section, but it is highly edited.  Unfortunately the only way to find that out is to make a comment which has no reason to be scrubbed except that it makes a good counter-point, then see it be scrubbed anyway.  I've learned from experience that both OregonLive and TYT are both in this category.  OregonLive is some on-line implementation of one of the state of Oregon's main print newspapers.

buy silver!

Mark Twain
Activity: 278
I am sure that the problem with climate change is there, but I'm not sure that this is a consequence of human activity. It was also the times to the people when the earth had periods of warming and cooling.

It's just a little sped up due the industrial revolution and heavy usage of fossil fuel, but yeah it's natural occurrence.
Probably a fair assessment.  Be funny if that "little speed up" protects us from a little ice age that seems to be coming, wouldn't it?

If anything saves us it will be the spraying program. Lets hope they can stave off the warming long enough to avoid the coming ice age.

It seems to me that the warming is somewhat contrived theme. In my country the average temperature has not changed. Though of course increased extreme weather. Yesterday was -15 and today +1
legendary
"The greatest rationale to become a Leftie is immunity from the rules they impose on the rest of us.  The sanctioning of the double standards and hypocrisy."--Andrew Breitbart

How wonderful you would quote Breitbart....
Certainly, since you insist.

The last three years may eventually come to be seen as the final death rattle of the global warming scare. Thanks what’s now recognised as an unusually strong El Nino, global temperatures were driven to sufficiently high levels to revive the alarmist narrative – after an unhelpful pause period of nearly 20 years – that the world had got hotter than ever before.

It resulted in a slew of “Hottest Year Evah” stories from the usual suspects. As I patiently explained at the time – here, here, and here – this wasn’t science but propaganda. If you’re a reader of Breitbart or one of the sceptical websites this will hardly have come as news to you. But, of course, across much of the mainstream media – and, of course, on all the left-leaning websites – these “Hottest Year Evah” stories were relayed as fact. And, inevitably, were often cited by a host of experts on Twitter as proof that evil deniers are, like, anti-science and totally evil and really should be thrown in prison for sacrificing the future of the world’s children by promoting Big-Oil-funded denialism.

This is why there is such an ideological divide regarding climate change between those on the left and those on the right. The lefties get their climate information from unreliable fake news sites like Buzzfeed.

Just recently, I had to school my former Telegraph colleague Tom Chivers, now of Buzzfeed, with a piece titled Debunked: Another Buzzfeed ‘Hottest Year Evah’ Story.

Perhaps I’m wrong: I don’t actually look at Buzzfeed, except when they’re doing something worthwhile like “Five Deadliest Killer Sharks” or “Ten Cutest Kitten Photos”. But I’ve a strong suspicion they haven’t yet covered this 1 degree C temperature fall because, well why would they? It just wouldn’t suit their alarmist narrative.

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/11/30/global-temperatures-plunge-icy-silence-climate-alarmists/

Which has the main source as  The Daily Mall ..... whatever that is.  Lol.

Breitbart panders to fear like no one else... Don't tell 'em I clued you in though. They like their sheep.
You have been presented with a direct quotation from Breitbart, from breitbart.com.

Period.  It is what it is.  Breitbart was a brilliant man, quite eccentric.

The stupid trolling won't work, dude.
Activity: 405
"The greatest rationale to become a Leftie is immunity from the rules they impose on the rest of us.  The sanctioning of the double standards and hypocrisy."--Andrew Breitbart

How wonderful you would quote Breitbart....
Certainly, since you insist.

The last three years may eventually come to be seen as the final death rattle of the global warming scare. Thanks what’s now recognised as an unusually strong El Nino, global temperatures were driven to sufficiently high levels to revive the alarmist narrative – after an unhelpful pause period of nearly 20 years – that the world had got hotter than ever before.

It resulted in a slew of “Hottest Year Evah” stories from the usual suspects. As I patiently explained at the time – here, here, and here – this wasn’t science but propaganda. If you’re a reader of Breitbart or one of the sceptical websites this will hardly have come as news to you. But, of course, across much of the mainstream media – and, of course, on all the left-leaning websites – these “Hottest Year Evah” stories were relayed as fact. And, inevitably, were often cited by a host of experts on Twitter as proof that evil deniers are, like, anti-science and totally evil and really should be thrown in prison for sacrificing the future of the world’s children by promoting Big-Oil-funded denialism.

This is why there is such an ideological divide regarding climate change between those on the left and those on the right. The lefties get their climate information from unreliable fake news sites like Buzzfeed.

Just recently, I had to school my former Telegraph colleague Tom Chivers, now of Buzzfeed, with a piece titled Debunked: Another Buzzfeed ‘Hottest Year Evah’ Story.

Perhaps I’m wrong: I don’t actually look at Buzzfeed, except when they’re doing something worthwhile like “Five Deadliest Killer Sharks” or “Ten Cutest Kitten Photos”. But I’ve a strong suspicion they haven’t yet covered this 1 degree C temperature fall because, well why would they? It just wouldn’t suit their alarmist narrative.

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/11/30/global-temperatures-plunge-icy-silence-climate-alarmists/

Which has the main source as  The Daily Mall ..... whatever that is.  Lol.

Breitbart panders to fear like no one else... Don't tell 'em I clued you in though. They like their sheep.
Activity: 405

Global warming/climate change, you'll never find  doubter who also doesn't hate government. I also like to keep government to a minimum but that doesn't make me see reality different.

'Never' is a strong term.

I'm probably typical in that I'm not especially or ever remotely 'anti-government'.  I'm 'anti-corrupt-government'.

The 'global climate change' thing is a hoax and a fraud, but it's not really spawned from any particular government level.  It's the brain-child of a group of multi-nationals who have a huge amount of influence in a lot of governments and have made these governments highly corrupt.  That includes my own here in the U.S..

More importantly for the purposes of this discussion, these global interests which have mind-boggling resources at their disposal have had the same impact on academia.  Indeed, they have pretty much succeeded in turning 'science' into a new form of religion.  Typical of religion, the notion of a 'fact' has a different meaning than it does in classical science.

By controlling both academia and government, and by augmenting 'fact' with input injected from other entities which the globalists also control (media, NGO, etc) they have succeeded in 'controlling the narrative' with respect to 'climate change' to a significant degree.  Not as much as they would like to have and need to have however.  Look for this new 'fake news' invention to have an immediate and tangible impact on the climate change discussions.

When I read this stuff about the conspiracies and shit I just start hearing a kookoo (sp?) clock.

I've asked the clown men many a time to set a distinct threshold where they will admit being wrong.  They never do.  It would back the into a corner. 

They don't realize that they can still just fall back on the 'science is bad' which is one of the few consistencies you see in these threads by the deniers. It is really the only path out for the brain while maintaining a cohesion in this discussion.
Pages:
Jump to: