Pages:
Author

Topic: Regret and depression - page 2. (Read 14873 times)

legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000
July 15, 2016, 01:33:58 PM
While a selected few became rich with Bitcoin, many very early adopters had thousands of BTC and sold at around $50-100. Many others lost fortunes in forgotten drives because Bitcoin was (and still is to some people) a joke, fake internet money. As it happened with Ethereum recently, many ICO investors started to sell their stash early on to take huge profits, at $1, $3, $5. No one buys at the very bottom and sell at the very top...it's just not possible.

I understand your frustration but unless you are very wealthy and can afford to hold in both good and bad times holding it to get rich is very hard to do. When you turn $100 into $1000 or more, you have to take profits, you don't expect $100 to turn into 1 million, that's just too naive and that's not how money is made.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 520
July 15, 2016, 01:21:33 PM
theres loads of people in that position, stop thinking about it and move on.  let the lesson learned help you to keep your eyes open for the next big thing.
legendary
Activity: 2884
Merit: 1258
July 15, 2016, 01:15:19 PM
Not time to dwell on it pal.  Though it maybe frustrating but i think it wasnt intended to  you.  And besides there are other way to get another chance.  Just look around this clones and forks,  and other created from scartch wannabe.  You can make your pick and maybe one day you will wake up rich as you think you should be way back years ago.
Activity: 59
Merit: 0
July 15, 2016, 01:02:35 PM
If anyone should have become an overnight millionaire it should have been me. I've been involved in virtual economies for many years now (mmorpg gold exchanges) and if anyone should have had the foresight to become an early adopter of bitcoin it should have been me but instead I was wasting my time fucking around with virtual gold. I wake up every morning feeling depressed.

It could be much worse... Think about those poor guys who sold back in 2010 thousands of their coins for $10. They could be millionaires, not you, they were there and left .
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014
July 15, 2016, 11:39:39 AM
Indeed, one of the best antidotes against depression is to never miss on Bitcoin ever again, so you have to buy and stop looking back, look at the future and be thankful that you even know Bitcoin exists.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
July 15, 2016, 11:26:38 AM
i think you do not need to regret or to become depressed. for your kind information i wan to tell you that still you have still time to  make a good money in bitcoin. but you should not waste time any more and you should invest all your investment here.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
July 15, 2016, 10:54:23 AM
And think how many people bailed in 2010 and 2011. Chances are it might've been the op too and he'd be even more pissed off.

And the same goes for those who threw it in more recently. This forum's got a ton of classic threads with terrible predictions and there'll be many more.
legendary
Activity: 3164
Merit: 1175
July 15, 2016, 10:47:30 AM
This doesn't sounds like truth, and even if its truth, its something that many people felt. I'm for years in bitcoin, and I gambled away a oot of money, cash out some, bought different things for myself.
If I was smart I would be a millionaire also, but I don't regret and for sure I'm not in depression. Cause of that my advise dor everyone is to not regret cause of their actions, its important that we try and if we lose its better then we didn't try at all.
Activity: 336
July 15, 2016, 10:44:03 AM
THE story of blak people just kidding but then again what good is depression  keep yourself calm and chillax take some break I remember the time (2013) i bought  2Bitcoins for $600 and thought back then, that's too expensive for not really real money i love bitcoins because it helps me alot it also helps me to pay my monthly bills   Roll Eyes
The great depression was in regards to economical woes in the 1930's not for black people.  Cheesy
I think you are referring to the hard times of african americans in slavery times which was not the depression which was towards everybody.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
July 15, 2016, 10:28:05 AM
THE story of blak people just kidding but then again what good is depression  keep yourself calm and chillax take some break I remember the time (2013) i bought  2Bitcoins for $600 and thought back then, that's too expensive for not really real money i love bitcoins because it helps me alot it also helps me to pay my monthly bills   Roll Eyes
Activity: 630
Merit: 267
Just follow the rules
July 15, 2016, 10:24:21 AM
If anyone should have become an overnight millionaire it should have been me. I've been involved in virtual economies for many years now (mmorpg gold exchanges) and if anyone should have had the foresight to become an early adopter of bitcoin it should have been me but instead I was wasting my time fucking around with virtual gold. I wake up every morning feeling depressed.
BTCitcoin may be deflationary but it's not the only system in place  Unless a large part of the population of the world were forced to used BTCitcoin could this happen if you consider the potential that the price might one day be going up further than what it is today, then by all means it's still not too late or you want some cooookies and you need a break
Activity: 910
Merit: 500
July 15, 2016, 10:15:24 AM

The important part there is that i believe you should have learned alot thru the years you have been in this industry why not try to share more experience to new ones and impart some leasons in that way you may somehow overcome your depression and able to grow again goodluck
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183
July 15, 2016, 10:10:40 AM
The best way to not even feel worse regret and depression is to buy amd buy as much BTC as possible at whatever price, and hold 10 years from the time you buy. Only this way will save you from depressive suicide in 10 years when you are older and you realize you could have been rich again.
Activity: 350
July 15, 2016, 09:13:35 AM
dude... we see good opportunities every day.
go to ANN section here, one of those sh*tcoins might worth more than bitcoin at some point. We are all here, we all have access but who knows what to invest?
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001
July 15, 2016, 08:54:28 AM
Nobody can predict the future, investing in gold was and is not a bad choice, gold has been proven more stable than bitcoin, you still has a chance to find another opportunities to make your way into wealthy person and i hope the op hasnt given up bitcoin and already get rid the depression and start a new life
legendary
Activity: 1148
July 15, 2016, 08:22:57 AM
I wonder what has become of op, he hasn't logged back in over a year and half, hope he's well. Yea I missed the Bitcoin train too but there is no sense in regret and I certainly don't wake up every morning depressed because of it. When depression shows it's nose, you just gotta give yourself a good kick in the backside and jump right back on the horse  Cheesy
Activity: 1414
Merit: 505
Backed.Finance
July 15, 2016, 07:55:31 AM
i know this thread is more than a year old, but having regrets about not being early enough to buy bitcoin at ridiculously low prices back then is quite pointless. focus on the here and now and start buying now and hold your coins safely offline for at least a few years. otherwise you may also regret not having bought at todays prices. this is a good general advice to everyone.

Yes, I read also from the start and same regrets. It seems that its the same cycle on and on.Same argument. Your advise here is correct and from some who says "The best time to buy is, NOW" Smiley and thos who says the same, hope they are wealthier now if the follow their advice Smiley
legendary
Activity: 896
July 15, 2016, 07:43:56 AM
i know this thread is more than a year old, but having regrets about not being early enough to buy bitcoin at ridiculously low prices back then is quite pointless. focus on the here and now and start buying now and hold your coins safely offline for at least a few years. otherwise you may also regret not having bought at todays prices. this is a good general advice to everyone.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283
July 15, 2016, 07:35:49 AM
Ahh so he is the guy who bought the world's most expensive pizza  Grin
Guy must be so  mad he paid millions of dollars on a mediocre dominos pizza. I hope it was good...
The guy who sold him the pizza must be pretty happy.
Missed my boat on btc as well...

That pizza could have been one of the triggers for bitcoin's rise.
You need to have real life transactions before you can call your collectibles as currency.
For all you know, if he hadn't bought that pizza bitcoin's price trajectory might have been totally different.  Smiley
It only got a lot of media attention after the sudden price rise, thus making the pizza so expensive, after Bitcoin value had risen.
Point being, there would be another purchase if the pizza thing didn't happen, don't think that changed anything.

And to OP:
It's silly to have regret, you can spend your whole life feeling sorry for yourself that you didn't get into Bitcoin sooner, or you can focus on earning more instead of that.
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1140
July 15, 2016, 07:07:37 AM
Everything has a reason why we didn't buy Bitcoin since it was new.. one thing comes through my mind that God has a purpose Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: